PDA

View Full Version : JATs in Academia/ Education/ Research

saketdhankar
October 13th, 2002, 02:49 AM
All the information that is available on jatland is about Jats achievements in the Military or in History or in Politics(??) or about social contribution or about sports but surprisingly i havent come across Jats achievements in the field of Research/Education......

Everyone, please prove me wrong.....and lets see our achievements in the matters of brains...

saket

rajeshsindhu
October 13th, 2002, 12:28 PM
To begin with, we can start :
1. Heads is IITs. Currenlty 2-3 IITs are headed by Jats.
2. AICTE board: i think AICTE has Jat at its top or second top position.
3. Some University chancellors in haryana are also respected academicians: like Bhim Singh Dahiya etc.
4. Ch. Mitra Sen Sindhu, the most respected industialist in Haryana, is also a Jat.
5. Here in USA, the most talented mind in technology world is a Jat : Pradeep Sindhu. An IIT passout. He is the man who has challenged Cisco Systems - the giant pioneer of modern internetworking industry- by successfully starting the only competition of Cisco. He has invented the best internetworking technology so far. The whole intellectual world knows his name.

cheers!
-Rajesh

sangwans
October 13th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Rajesh Sindhu (Oct 13, 2002 02:58 a.m.):
To begin with, we can start :
1. Heads is IITs. Currenlty 2-3 IITs are headed by Jats.
2. AICTE board: i think AICTE has Jat at its top or second top position.
3. Some University chancellors in haryana are also respected academicians: like Bhim Singh Dahiya etc.
4. Ch. Mitra Sen Sindhu, the most respected industialist in Haryana, is also a Jat.
5. Here in USA, the most talented mind in technology world is a Jat : Pradeep Sindhu. An IIT passout. He is the man who has challenged Cisco Systems - the giant pioneer of modern internetworking industry- by successfully starting the only competition of Cisco. He has invented the best internetworking technology so far. The whole intellectual world knows his name.

cheers!
-Rajesh

I think this is a nice topic to pool up the jat brains in academia/research in a subject specific manner to advance the cause and understanding of our global strength. This may be followed by Fora and inter-fora for an International Jat Brain Browsing etc. etc. Memebers need to contributes to it and encourage others to join. Jai Jat

ranjitjat
October 13th, 2002, 01:28 PM
Dr-Rajender singh Sangwan & family
Welcome to JATLAND.
Pahaly aapna prichaya ho jae.
Bhai konsy Gaam ka hh.
Pher MD- JATS DOCTORS KI GINATI.

RAMRAM

bharti
October 13th, 2002, 03:53 PM
I feel honoured to add these :

1)Senior Scientists at The National Chemical Laboratory , Pune
Dr. RP Singh and Dr AP Singh

2)Dr Rajinder Singh Dahiya, Country Manager, Specs And Bio-Specs(Dutch MNC), Pune

3)Mr Anil Kadian , GM Pudamjee Mills(Vermi - and Horti-culture Divs), Pune.(MSc Agri and Management from IIM A)

4)Mr Sunil K. Chaudhary Dy GM IRCON(Indian Railway Construction Co), Pune

5)Mr Deo Raj Redhu, Tea Professional, CEO Octavius Tea and Industries Ltd,Kolkata

6)Mr OP Rana ,retd from No 2 position at New India Assurance Co. Presently Consulting largest insurance broker, Mumbai

His son Rohit Rana, MBA Finance and Strategy, Washington University, St Louis, USA, attained Highest grades in Finance
currently working for Wells Fargo (one of largest US Banks) at St Louis, US

7)Mr DR Chaudhary, retd GM ONGC. Currently Consutant for Oil Field Chemicals in Pvt Sector at Mumbai.
his son in law an alumni of IIT, IIM L

8)Mrs Sunita Chaudhary , MSc , LLB practicing at Supreme Court of India.

9)Dr RS Malik (Ph D English) and
Dr(Mrs) Kamlesh Malik (Ph D Hindi), Sonipat

more shall follow .

chashokverma
October 14th, 2002, 07:16 PM
interesting. thanks for valuable info. keep posting.

As i know few

Dr Mukhtyar Singh ex Principal Agra College now in Sachdeva Coaching Institute.

Dr Inder Veer Singh Geology Dept Lucknow University

ranjitjat
October 14th, 2002, 07:58 PM
We can start from the top ex- vcs
Dr -Sarup singh Ex-vc JNU DELHI
DR Har sarup singh Ex-vc, Ex governor
Ch - Haradwari lal Ex-vc-KU& MDU
Brig. OP .CHAUDHRY EX VC - MDU ROHTAK
Dr , Bhimsingh Dahiya Ex-vc KU-EX MLA
PROF. SHERSINGH Ex-vc GURUKAL KANGRI- HARIDWAR
DR. Lamba EX -VC AGR.UN - HISAR
Prof . L.N Dahiya Ex- PRO VC-MDU ROHTAK
DR. Kirshan BANGAR EX-VC JAMB.U. HISAR
Prof. Hoshiar singh Ex-VC-KU

bharti
October 15th, 2002, 12:31 PM
1)Dr Ashok Verma ,Neuro-surgeon(ex-AIIMS, Delhi) and Dr (Mrs) Usha Verma, gynaecologist, Miami, USA

2)Mr SM Sheokand,Chief General Manager, NABARD(National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development),Mumbai.

ranjitjat
October 15th, 2002, 04:25 PM
Present VC,S
Major general-RTD Bhim singh Suhag MDU ROHTAK
Dr Vinay kumar AGU -HISAR
Dr Radhey Shaym Chaudhry - KU
Dr. Devander Chaudhry- Director IGOU-NEW DELHI.

ashwini
October 17th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Congratulations for initating something like this. Here i would like to add one more name that of Prof. D. R. CHAUDHARY(PHD) formerly chairman of HARYANA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISION and who has written numerous books and articles on education and polity of haryana.

saketdhankar
October 18th, 2002, 02:51 AM
Few Dhankars have done a wonderful job:

1. Rohit Dhankar
He is the coordinator of Digantar an NGO which has a unique school in Jaipur, Rajasthan where there are no classes. No exams. No grades. The project is funded by Asha, well known NGO and is on for the past 12 years and is a role model.

He is a respected name in the field of education and his articles have also appeared in journals like seminar and he has also presented his findings at many foreign universities including Oxford.

2.RAJ S. DHANKAR
M.Com., Ph.D., PDS (UCLA)
Dr. Raj S. Dhankar is the Professor-in-charge of S.P. Jain Centre of Advanced Management Research of FMS at South Campus. He has been the recipient of Common Wealth Scholarship and Post-Doctoral Studies Scholarship for higher studies in USA by Government of India.Prof. Dhankar is on the board of several academic institutions and corporations. He has taught at several foreign Universities including UCLA and USC in USA.

3. Dr. Ajay Dhankar
He is a principal with Mckinsey and Co. the leading consultants.

i dont know any of them personally and this information is from the net. But all three of the above are well known personalities.

Saket Dhankar.

ranjitjat
October 19th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Here few more Dhankhars
Jagdeep Dhankhar- Ex MP-Minister Famous advocate of supreme court of India.President Rajsthan high court bar association.

2 J N .DHANKHAR - Director Rajsathan Stock-Exchange Jaipur.He is writer of many books.
M com- LLB,FCS,DPMIR,CAIEB.

ajaynehra
October 19th, 2002, 06:35 PM
This is realy a commendable and Great Data about successfull JATS, I feel proud to know all these names, pl. keep on adding and I will also add few in some time

Ajay Nehra
desiJAAT

proud to be a JAT

ranjitjat
October 20th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Few more JATS
1 Shrimati Subhashni Padamshri- Kulpati Kanya gurukul Khanpur klan , daughter of Shaheed Bhagat Phul singh Malik.

2 Dr Bal ram Jakhar Ex-speaker Lok sbaha
v- Panch koshi- Abhohar
3 - Dr Gayan parkash Pilaniya Ex- IG Rajsathan Police- Vice President All Indian Jat Maha Sabha- Jaipur.
Both Dr Jakhar & Pilaniya are trustees of
Sawami Keshawanand Trust
Gramuthan vidya peeth Sangariya RAJ.

4-Dr Rajaram Jakhar Ex - chairman Haryana Education Board Bhiwani
Writer of a book- Chautala sy Chandigarh- Life history of Tau Devilal.
5- K. Natwar singh Ex- minister- Rajdutt- writer

parul
October 20th, 2002, 11:00 PM
Dr rajender singh lunayach, alumni IITK
founnder of LCC, teligent, currently on board of governors of telcom ventures.
got distinguished alumuns award from IITk,
was at 207 in forbes list in 2000.
parul

ranjitjat
October 21st, 2002, 06:57 PM
1 Dr Ramdhan singh Hudda v. Kiloi
Head of Botony Dept Pusha INS. from 1914-19 . Top in agricultare wheat research.

2Dr - Vigayan dhar Hudda -Agricultare University hisar.

ranjitjat
October 22nd, 2002, 06:27 PM
Dr. Rajender singh Paroda Head of Pusha INS. New Delhi.
2 DR- Zalysingh Rana - Ch. Charansingh Agriculture university Hisar, Writer of many books.

vikramsingh24
January 24th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Dear Mr. Dudee,
Thanks for mentioning Sawami Keshawanand Trust, Gramuthan vidya peeth Sangariya RAJ. As a matter a fact, I studies there for a while, a complete jat school in a very small town. We are very closely associated with this institution and Sawami Keshawanand Trust and I know the sincere work it has done for Jats. This institution has contributed a lot to provide education to JAT community in Rajasthan, when we desperately needed it.

Couple of weeks ago I was in India in home town Jaipur for a very short trip and I had an opportunity to meet Mr. Pilani, Ex Director General Rajasthan Police, he certainly deserves the honour for great contribution, both knowledge and awareness among Jats.

I would take this opportunity to applaud him again!!!!!

Vikram

ranjitjat
January 24th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Dear Vikram singh
Thank you very much sharing your view with us.
DR Pilaniya deserve all the honour & credit for his service to jat community. I have visited the Sanghariya vidyapith with Yaswantsingh Advocate Bhadra & spoken to Dr pilaniya on phone- I am one of the trustee of this trust

Cheers

vivek
January 24th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Somebody had mentioned that Hargobind Khorana...the nobel Laureate in medicine was also a jat..I am not sure...I am sure others will know.

gajeshd
January 25th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Just to add a name in this joyous unending list

Ch. D.S. Devatia Retd. Cheif Justice Calcutta High Court

ranjitjat
January 25th, 2003, 09:53 PM
thanks
THIS IS TEVATIYA GOTRA
NOT DEVATIA

anurag
January 25th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Hi,

I read the whole post and I think we have forgotten to mention somebody who is with us on this website is doing great job in helping the young blood of our community....

Dr. Birbal Singh,
Professor, Deptt of Mechanical Engg,
Lakehead University, Canada.

-Anurag

gajeshd
February 2nd, 2003, 05:58 PM
Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Jan 25, 2003 11:23 a.m.):
thanks
THIS IS TEVATIYA GOTRA
NOT DEVATIA

Dharmpal Ji,

Sudhar ke liye dhanyavad.actually it was a typing mistake.

arjun
February 5th, 2003, 05:35 PM
my mama in phoenix AZ - Dr. Yogendra Sheoran, he has done some pioneering work in turbine technology for aircraft jet engines,published papers, and even has 2 patents in his name. he is ex IIT Madras.

sudesh
February 19th, 2003, 12:52 AM
Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Oct 19, 2002 06:56 a.m.):
Here few more Dhankhars
Jagdeep Dhankhar- Ex MP-Minister Famous advocate of supreme court of India.President Rajsthan high court bar association.

2 J N .DHANKHAR - Director Rajsathan Stock-Exchange Jaipur.He is writer of many books.

sudesh
February 19th, 2003, 12:57 AM
Dharmpal Ji
Mr R s Chaudhary the present Vice Chancellor of Ku kurukshetra is a Banya.
I am also from the same university.At present
I am in Cardiff for my post doctoral research.
With regards
Dr (Mrs) sudesh

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Oct 19, 2002 06:56 a.m.):
Here few more Dhankhars

ranjitjat
February 19th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Dr Sudesh ji
thank you very much for your information.
Welcome to UK & jatland

Now I have to add your name as well in the list.
This is my pleasure to know you.

with best wishes
Dharmpal Dudee