PDA

View Full Version : What made successful jats, successful?

urmiladuhan
October 19th, 2002, 10:25 PM
Reading earlier thread: Jats in academia/research/education, i couldn't help wondering about the reason for some jats flourishing so well. Many of the successful ones come from rural backgrounds where they might have been the first ones in families to get education. I mean i am talking about the 50 plus jats. Today, there is more awareness about means of getting education than 30-40 years ago, but children from villages seldom turn out successful (by which i mean, making their own life by fair means). I think, inherent jat qualities made unanimously successful jats successful, like:

Intense hardwork, belief in jat superiority (and to maintain it), straighforwardness (i.e, truthfulness) and willingness to step out of their comfort zones (i.e., villages).

What do others on board think?

rajeshsindhu
October 20th, 2002, 01:21 AM
Their sheer Jat Spirit - Justice, Action and Truth.

vikasduhan
October 20th, 2002, 12:32 PM
There are many reasons -
1 we know no fear.
2 straight-forward approach
3 firm determination
4 discriminatory behaviour of other sections of the society.

dhinendra
October 20th, 2002, 04:40 PM
ab jab ham yahin tak phunch gaye hain to eyk do line ham be "type" kar dein. Blood main ubal a raha hai.

" JAT kauin successful hai ??? Successful hone ka Jigar and Tamana wo le kar pada hota hai. "

Hey!!! Don't Laugh, I mean It.

We are JATS

urmiladuhan
October 21st, 2002, 12:13 AM
Hey!!! Don't Laugh, I mean It.

No, i am not laughing! I understand the sentiments completely!

sanjeev_khokher
October 21st, 2002, 08:43 PM
Their another sheer Jat Spirit - Just Action Tacker........
all agreed??????

Jai Hind

sujeetc
December 25th, 2003, 05:48 PM
This could as well be the one of the reasons:
J(ust) A(ct) T(actfully) !

anilkc
December 26th, 2003, 09:19 AM
1st hand experience:
Jats were not so well off in our village. The "other" cast was and dominated the area. Somehow my grandmom got the idea that the real reason for their dominance and wealth was education (not crops or cows). So she got her kids away from farm and to the school. She hammered this idea of learning so hard into her kids that ... blah blah blah ... =====>SUCCESS.

Moral of story...accept ur shortcommings and LEARN from anyone,anywhere,anytime=>SUCCESS.

scsheorayan
December 26th, 2003, 12:27 PM
I think What our parents gave us 50 years ago is not being passed on to present children by their parents. What they used to teach those days were confidence in your ability to take on the best in any field. That confidence helped overcome all fears including fear of failure. There was no pondering over important issues. Just do it if it is worth doing. Where as parents now a days are concentrating on providing the best they can afford i.e. things which they could not get. Which concept has a fundamental flaw that individual can not develop self confidence to go out on the limb.
Throw them at the deep end and let them develop confidence and do not underestimate their capabilities by showering them with praise disproportionate to degree of difficulty.
It reminds me of a real incident, one highly educated and well placed officer's wife was one day bragging that she is so hard working and confident that one night at 10 O'clock 2 guests arrived unanswered and she had no servants at home but she managed to prepare food for them and feed them. My answer to her was my mother can feed 20 people at 2 O'clock in the night or day and does not have any servants or freeze or such luxuries and does not think that she is doing any thing extra ordinary. Moral of the story is that people who learn to stretch their boundries can grow but those who get in to comfort zone find it harder to break the routine. Success is about stretching those boundries which requires a lot of confidence. Next time you think of buying a gift for your child think of giving him/her some thing which will stretch those boundries and help build confidence. But do it with care and do not be impatient with them. Let them have their own dreams and provide them with wings and see how high they fly and be there to help if they crash and encourage them to try again with lessons learnt.

lrburdak
December 26th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Thanks Urmila ji you are back on Jat Land after a long time. I believe firm determination and hard work make a person successful.These qualities can be developed by a person of any caste. These have nothing to do with Jat qualities. Jat qualities to some extent act as deterent to success.
Subha Chand ji has rightly pointed out that confidance is must for success. Infact the hardship suffered by our earlier generation led to building of confidence.
regards,

shekhar_nehra
December 27th, 2003, 12:36 AM
Laxman Burdak (Dec 26, 2003 05:30 a.m.):
Thanks Urmila ji you are back on Jat Land after a long time. I believe firm determination and hard work make a person successful.
regards,

Respected Lakshman Uncle,
If you look at the date of the post , it is Oct 19 2002.
I am sorry to say that Urmila bua is not back on jatland. I do not know the reasons why she is not an active member, but one thing is for sure we are missing a valuable member of our JatLand family.
Sheorayan uncle very well said, the message I could make out of your post is that one has to push hard and compete with himself or herself and be natural( sahaj ) about it.

lrburdak
December 27th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Sekharji You are right. I made a mistake regarding date of Urmila,s last post. She is yet not on the Jat Land. It was old thread came into discussion. Thanks for the correction.