PDA

View Full Version : Urgent..please respond

parul
November 12th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Dear Friends,
Please read the article at the end of this email and/or visit the websites:
http://www.oprah.com/promo/tows_promo_amina_qx.jhtml
http://www.mertonai.org/amina/
One of the Miss World contestents has withdrwan from the contest because of the death sentence against two Nigerian Women, one of them being Amina.
Please respond at the earliest,

Recently, the Oprah show covered a story of a Nigerian woman, Amina Lawal, who has been sentenced to death by stoning because she had a baby out of wedlock. She has tried to appeal the decision but has been unsuccessful, thus far. The head of Nigeria disagrees with these stonings but has so far done nothing-partly because of the fear of not being reelected. I should also note that the father of the baby denied fathering the child and hence has escaped any form of punishment. Amina Lawal's stoning will occur as soon as she is finished nursing her child. She will be buried up to her neck in dirt and townsmen will throw stones at her head until they kill her--which has been known to take hours. I send out a plea to all the women receiving this e-mail and to all the men raised by women to join me and many others to help prevent this horrific and inhumane event from occurring. All you have to do is visit the Oprah web site: http://www.oprah.com/promo/tows_promo_amina_qx.jhtml Click on the Amina Lawal pop up screen and you will see a prewritten letter addressed to the Nigerian Ambassador. Just fill out your information on the bottom of the page and send it. It's as simple as that. You can even go one step further and forward this e-mail to your friends so they can be part of the mission to save Amina Lawal. It's your chance to save one woman's life. We can claim ignorance when doing nothing to stop vicious atrocities that we know nothing about from occurring but there is no justification if we standby and allow for these events to take place when we are fully aware of them. Please do to and also have a look: http://www.mertonai.org/amina/

urmiladuhan
November 12th, 2002, 11:07 PM
Thankyou for reminding!

singhkapoor
November 13th, 2002, 07:31 AM
DEAR PARUL

THANX FOR BRINGING UP THE TOPIC. ALTHOUGH I HAD ALREADY SENT MY LETTER, THE THOUGHT OF MENTIONING IT ON THIS FORUM DID NOT CROSS MY MIND.

I REQUEST EACH AND EVERY READER OF THIS ARTICLE TO SEND IN THEIR LETTER AND ALSO EMAIL THIS NEWS TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE.

IMAGINE IF IT WAS HAPPENING TO OUR OWN SISTER/MOTHER OR ......... ???????

THANX AGAIN TO PARUL FOR BRINGING A GOOD CAUSE TO LIGHT. GOOD GOING ......GIRL.

I HOPE THE MISS WORLD/(UNIVERSE?) CONTEST SLATED TO BE HELD IN NIGERIA IS ABLE TO HIGHLIGHT THE CAUSE MORE AND STOP MANKIND FROM FALLING BACK A THOUSAND YEARS.

IF WE ALL DO OUR PART I M SURE THE ANIMALS WILL HAVE TO STEP BACK AND LET SENSIBILITY TAKE OVER.

WOH KHTE HAIN NAA.....BOOND BOOND SE SAAGAR BHARTA.

SO JAAT BHAIYON DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF YOUR EMAIL/LETTER. ACT NOW.

OOS BECHARI KI AATMA SHEESH DEGI.

C YA SOON

KAPOOR SINGH

shokeen123
November 13th, 2002, 08:17 PM
Parul:

Consider it done! Thanks for raising awareness about this issue on Jatland. I do watch Oprah whenever I can. She is one of the most amazing women in the world, who could defy more odds than some of us can ever imagine! Although she has touched many lives as a humanitarian, what I remember most about her, is her superb performance on "The color Purple!"

Great job!

Sujata

singh_ranvir
January 27th, 2003, 05:25 PM
done

garima
January 27th, 2003, 09:29 PM
will be done.
garima

boorams
January 27th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Done Sir.

vichitra
January 28th, 2003, 01:02 AM
thanks parul for telling...
done.

anujkumar
January 28th, 2003, 02:20 AM
I have sent..good concern

ishwarlamba
January 28th, 2003, 07:21 AM
I have sent

nagender
January 28th, 2003, 11:02 AM
Hi Parul,

Thanks for bringing up such a humane portrayal of misery of women (and human beings). I have just joined this group and have found that I can do something constructive while sitting in my office through this active group.
Thanks once again and I will also visit the website mentioned in your message to post my support to this noble cause.

arjun
January 28th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Miss India should have refused to participate in the contest on these grounds - but she did not.
which i find quite hypocritical - they go there and espouse all sorts of noble ideals etc and here was a chance to really make a difference - and the Indian girl did nothing !

scsheorayan
January 28th, 2003, 04:02 PM
Done

akdalal
January 28th, 2003, 05:14 PM
Done

sktomer777
January 28th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Did just after reading it.