PDA

View Full Version : "WHY SARDAR SHOULD NOT ALLOW IN JATLAND.COM"..Reasons

uday
January 8th, 2003, 06:28 PM
I can figure out one good reason for the same...
http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_133994,00090001.htm

Punjab-Haryana water row: No solution in sight
Press Trust of India
Chandigarh, January 8

The over three decade long battle for claim of share of river water between Haryana and Punjab does not seem to be heading for any solution in the near future as the two riparian states hold divergent stands on their share in Ravi-Beas water and completion of SYL canal in Punjab.
While Haryana has been pressing for completion of SYL canal in Punjab to carry its share of Ravi Beas water, Punjab has been opposing it saying no useful purpose would be served till the issue of qunatum of water is decided.

Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh has reiterated on more than one occasion that the SYL canal cannot be completed as the border state does not have a drop of water to spare for its neighbour.

His Haryana counterpart, Om Parkash Chautala who ruled out a meeting with Singh said, "most of these issues (of river water and territorial disputes between two states) are not new and are raised by Punjab before Supreme Court".

The battle for sharing of Ravi-Beas water has been hanging fire since the reorganisation of Punjab in 1966 resulting in carving of Haryana while the issue of construction of Satluj Yamuna Link (SYL) canal to carry the water of two rivers to Haryana has been entangled in disputes since 1981.

The issue has hotted up again now as the Supreme Court deadline for the completion of SYL canal in Punjab ends on January 15, 2003.

virajmalik4973
January 9th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Dahiya Saab,
I think dispute between two states can not be reason why Jat sikhs should not get entry in this website.

Infact I know of families in some part of western UP specially moradabad region where one brother of the family became sikh while the other remain non sikh Jat.

My suggestion to this group is not to be narrow in the approach and try to connect as many people who have the JAT spirit in them...

akdabas
January 9th, 2003, 06:08 AM
Malik Bhai,

I think thats ok to have only JAT or JATT but not any Sikh on this site as I think SIKHS have little different thought process.

I am not going into details but If you want I can start discussing the differences. I have spent around 10 years among the sikhs.

virajmalik4973
January 12th, 2003, 10:19 PM
I think we are mistaking sardar's with Sikh Jatts..
Jatt Sikhs are part of overall Jat community...I am sure there are differences,..but those differences are there between all of us also..between different Khaps, I am sure there are significant differences between Jats of western UP, Rajasthan and Haryana...

I am fully against having entry of any genral sardar on this website..other than Jattsikhs who want to connect with global jat community.

rsdalal
January 13th, 2003, 05:28 AM
Sikh jats confuses me a lot.
Sikh regiment (80 % jats I, beleive) is one of the finest in Indian army, but most of the sikh jats do not have the kind of bond Hindu jats have with India nation.
For a greater India, united India is the must, but Sikh jat theory is just opposite to it.