PDA

View Full Version : CAN JAT Become Chief OF Army Staff INDIA

sandeepbalyan
January 9th, 2003, 09:33 AM
I let to know that a jat cannot be cheif of army staff ...

is it true ... ?

anurag
January 9th, 2003, 09:41 AM
In my opinion it is something which is NOT impossible but very very difficult to achieve for a jat army officer.....as of today that is....

Look at it this way - there were times when the jat community was always found only in villages and people could not believe that jats can study or rise in the professional world...look around yourself today.....we have already had some finest professionals, academicians, administrators, entrepreneurs, etc from our community.

So all we have to do is encourage our community as a whole and we will see a Jat Army Chief one day.....

We will suceed (hum honge kaamyaab ek din)
-Anurag

akdalal
January 9th, 2003, 10:02 AM
Great Anurag,

I am with you.

When a Jat can become the Dy. PM of India then what's Army Chief?

DEFINETLY WE SHALL OVER COME ONE DAY.

Cheers!

dkumar
January 9th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Respected Dalal Sir,

With due apologies, I would like to make a correction...Jat has been PM also(Ch. Charan Singh) though he became victim of shrude politics of Indira Gandhi and couldn't prove majority on Floor but he had his stint as PM!

I too do agree with yourself and anurag that we may achieve any heights in any field provided we strive to do our best for it and gets support from community also instead of leg pulling!

Thanks & regards,

amitshokeen
January 10th, 2003, 03:22 AM
It;s possible but bery difficult. It's unwritten rule in all forces that head of these services should not be from any of the HOT BLOOD GROUP(JAT.SARDAR, RAJPUT). REason being they are very implusive and can take strong action. Is some odd situation and it's hrad to control them. That's why Though 60 % of NDA and IMA cadets belong to Jat community still only these punjabis,or madrasi reaches to top. In my family there have been people who went to Rank of Lt Major Genral and Col at quite a good age but stuck there.
It's almost seems after a certain position. You need to get go ahead from the politians

rsdalal
January 10th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Very true...
There was a news few months back when one Sardarji sought some help from Prakash Singh Badal and this somehow got published in media. He was court marshled and he replied back everybody is doing it so why only me.

Amit Shokeen (Jan 09, 2003 04:52 p.m.):
It's almost seems after a certain position. You need to get go ahead from the politians

arjun
January 27th, 2003, 02:32 PM
In the Army to get to the top, other than the usual leadreship and acedemic qualities, one needs to be a bit of a sycophant too. Yahan hum jat log maar kha jaate hain.
the political leadership and the top brass needs to be handled in a very tactful and diplomatic way - something rare in Jats. But then one cannot keep a good person down for long some day u will see a Jat Army chief !

anujkumar
January 29th, 2003, 11:31 PM
I thought Ved Prakash Mallik is a JAT.

anurag
January 29th, 2003, 11:38 PM
bhai anuj Gen VP Mallik was a nira jhangee...jattan tai jhangiyaan ka door door taahin ka rishta konya......

chashokverma
January 29th, 2003, 11:56 PM
where there is a will there is a way.

Though difficult in present dishonest atmosphere but it is not impossible.

Aaage Aaage Dekho hota he kya

gajeshd
January 30th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Sandeep Bhai,

People from Marshal races like ours have the ruling nature. They can not be tamed.Moreover a lot of political clout is needed to reach such a position which we Jats do not have.

A Jat can always become Chief of our defence forces but rest will try thier best to avoid this to happen. They are scared, he may decide to take charge of the country.

I had heard in Mrs. Gandhi's time when Ch. Bansi Lal was defence minister of India, he was suspected of taking in confidence all the three cheifs and had some plans. Before any thing could happen he was removed and even put under house arrest. I donot really how much truth it has.

Well let us wish, soon we should have a Jat as Chief of Army.

pharkle35
February 8th, 2003, 03:32 AM
A JAT will never become a chief of Army staff, simple reason is:
Unless you want to annihilate pakistan from the face of this planet.
Only a JAT has the courage and determination to defy civilian authority and march in Islamabad and beat the crap out of everyone there.

amitdahiya
February 8th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Hey Guys lets put this important and interesting discussion in perspective.

First: The misunderatanding over Gen malik being the Chief is just half a mistake. Actually a Jat has become a deputy Chief of The Indian Army. He was General Niranjan Malik now retired. Deputy is pretty darned close to the top the difference is largely ceremonial duties. Theres very little to choose from between the top 5 guys. They're all the elite of the elite with outstanding records in command and combat.

2nd. Many parameters determine the choice of a chief but one factor is so simple that we ignore it completely and that is communication skill. Beyond the rank of a Col your promotion is facilitated by your own communication skills. Individual competencies get slightly less weightage than leadership qualities and team working abilities neither of these can be illuminated without good communication skills.

3.The best generals in modern history( Post vietnam era ) are not cast in the mould of Gen Mc Arthur of 2nd ww fame but more like Gen Colin Powell intellectual, sophisticated in his thinking, restrained, lowprofile ambitious and a great team player.

4. It is not entirely a joke that beyond a point the wife determines her husbands career path . Behind every great chief there has been an extraordinarily gifted woman whose qualities are seldom eclipsed by her husbands talents.

5. The lastgreat statesman we produced was Raja Suraj Mal. Sir Chhotu Ram was too modest a human being to aspire to statesmanship. Beyond a point a consuming ambition that is ever present but rarely visible might be the one factor that makes all the difference.

6. There are a few magnificient young officers and gentlemen from our community in the Army today who are in fact commanding very elite regiments at an extraordinary young age they appear to have most of the desirable traits and very few if any of the faults that hold back the Jats I can think of a few who could actually become serious candidates for the top Job 10-12 years from now.
Other traits that we suffer from and that might inhibit promotion beyond the rank of a full colonel might well be the lack of diplomacy, tactfulness, self restraint, social flexibility, an inability to embrace culture change, and the total inability to take a broad minded view of criticism of any kind.

Amit Dahiyabadshah

raj2rif
February 12th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Dear Amit,

You have given a very good analysis of the question asked. This is absolutely true. As one grows in rank and service, diplomacy needs to take front seat. The age factor is another issue. Most of our officers get commissioned at an older age than their counter parts from other communities (specially those coming from cities where they start education at comparatively early stage). And those who do get commissioned at the right age, need to keep themselves in the competition for over 3 decades to get to that post. I am sure, if we do analyze all the reasons given by you and take corrective actions, there will be a day when we will have a cheif from our community too.