PDA

View Full Version : Nonica Datta: Her work is a good source....so why dont we reason

ugehlot
February 15th, 2003, 12:27 AM
I have read the various posts on her work and it seems we are not reasoning enough on what she has to mention about our community.... rather we are showing our own ingnorant self. I find a lot of positives in her writings....maybe instead of ripping her work apart we should cirtique it rather spew our venom on her work.

We have a unique identity and definitely it is a lot different than the mainstream hindu religion. I am proud of that as jat and thats the identity we all need to build on.

gehlot

ravichaudhary
February 15th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Upender Gehlot (Feb 14, 2003 01:57 p.m.):
we are showing our own ingnorant self. I find a lot of positives in her writings....maybe instead of ripping her work apart we should cirtique it rather spew our venom on her work.

We have a unique identity and definitely it is a lot different than the mainstream hindu religion. I am proud of that as jat and thats the identity we all need to build on.

gehlot

Could you help.

what she thinks of your identity is succintly put by her as below

""Early historical accounts of Sind indicate that the term Jat was
popularly applied to a `servile creature' tied to his qaum. The
Brahuis, Afghans and Persians resented this group which eked a poor
living out of agriculture and moved about the barren plains tending
and breeding camels. Early eighteenth-century accounts described the
non-Sikh Jats, who were dominant in the regions south and east of
Delhi after 1710, as `plunderers and bandits preying on the imperial
lines of communication' ""

A summary of her book in the the topic " forming an identity"

Please assist us with the positive aspects of Nonica Datta's writings.

and with respect to you, this is not a crusade for me. I am not being sarcastic.

If there is something positive in her wrting please help

This is not an argument.( a Bahas)

Best regards

Ravi

P.S A summary of her book in the topic " forming an identity" on this current affairs section.

This brief article by Ms Datta prertty much sums up her theme.

Question is do you see anything wrong there or anything positive

With all sincerity and humility

Feel free to send me an email off list at Ravi9@ hotmail.com or call me toronto 416 - 733 2820

Best regards

Ravi

abhishek
February 15th, 2003, 01:40 PM
In context to the term "servile creature" used by this woman and other self-styled experts on jat history, I would like to have one answer
How could a community with above described member hold on , prosper and rule in the one of the most fertile and productive region of the world?
This very fact that we are here for so many centuries and ruling the region underlines the strength and greatness of the community.
It gives only one answer that all those insane remarks ,comments, and theses come out of utter jealousy, ignorance and preconcieved notions.Because the fact is why would anyone glorify someone who has pulped him to death and that is the reason behind the accounts written by arab historians in sindh.
And when we reach this conclusion it is upon us to stop this nonsense which is going on in the name of historical research.
To do nothing on this regard would be accepting what they say!