PDA

View Full Version : Paar Ka Jat

ishwarlamba
February 18th, 2003, 04:01 AM
Dhanesh Kumar is a active member of Jatland and he has some bad experiences. He needs love from we all all. I read his comment on JatLand that he will not write any more and hence I sent him a private email. His email and mine are given below.
Here again I do my bit:

Dhanesh Beta,
Take it easy. Whatever responses u are getting, are from very ignorant people. My best friends are from UP. I have already written on JatLand that my jat friend from USA (originally from Meerut) helped me with US$ 40,000. Some people may say X district is better than Y district. This has no basis.
U will be surprised to know that in combined Punjab there used be only one university at Lahore with postgraduate courses and law etc. While in UP almost all cities there where postgraduate colleges. All these colleges are not run by Govt but by hardworking people of UP. Majority of people from Haryana were educated in UP, starting from Ch Chotu Ram who did his Law degree from Agra.
I also remember when in our area we used to get ony ghee/boora, in UP we used to get at least three well prepared dishes in the meals. Also land in doaba Yammuna/Ganga belt may be best in the world.
I remember the sweet mangos of Mujaffarnagar, which cannot get here in Australia

With Love
Ishwar Lamba
Respected Uncle Ji,

Good Day!

Thank you very much for your encouraging words in back to back mails! I am deeply touched with such a nice gesture of yours and highly appreciate the same!

It's very true that we Jat's are blessed with "Never Say Die" spirit to come out victorious with flying colors in adverse circumstances.

But I personally have felt the humiliation being thrown upon the regional basis i.e. UP ka, UP wala etc and that too from our own Jat Brethren which has bruised me badly.

Well, in this perspective I would also let you know the background for meeting with this humiliation many a times in last six months appx. - The story begins with a Advertisement placed by us for Jat Medico Bride for my elder brother (MBBS...preparing PG) in Times of India, for which I personally received at least a dozen calls from the Haryanvi Jats on my cell and their abrupt stalling behavior on listening about our native place, many of them even remarked "oh UP Wale Ho", "arre Paar ke ho" and disconnected the calls without saying anything more! and subsequently I felt such things even on Jatland so I decided to put blanket cover on the Postings to be made by me, though I daily visit the site and gets updated with the happenings! I am touch with quite a few really Nice Persons like your goodself on personal basis.

Would surely look forward to being back on Jatland fully some day but as of now I just not in position of doing so psychologically!

Please forgive me for not responding instantly to your call to be back on writing ways but I promise you to come back some fine day...till then I would really glad to be in touch with you on personal basis, if possible for you.

Warm Regards,

-------Original Message-------

Date: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 04:59:47 PM
To: Dhanesh Kumar Koyad
Subject: UP ka Jat

Dhanesh beta aaj kal aap likher nahi
Beta bura nahi mante
Aap jarur likhna, jats never give up

With Love

Ishwar Lamba

raj2rif
February 18th, 2003, 07:41 AM
Dear Mr. Lamba Ji,
Thanks for bringing out this issue here on the site. Actually, I faced this problem in my own unit where troops from Haryana always had differences from the one from UP or even some times from Rajasthan even though from the same caste. Whatever could be the reason for that, it only divides the otherwise a very small community. We must discourage this regionalism within the community. I guess there seems to be a fasle ego or I would say even an inferiority complex among those who do such things.
I can only say "God Bless Them" to those who differentiate between UP wala, Haryana wala or for that matter any other place wala.

uday
February 18th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Can we ever come up with one identity JAAT ??

although state name will always be a 'sticky bit' to all of us but person should not felt that he is outclassed from JAAT or Haryanvi JAAT are the so called " Real JAAT" .. JAAT is JAAT.. Whether from MP, Haryana,UP , Rajasthan or anywhere...

yvsgaawar
February 19th, 2003, 07:41 PM
Dhanesh Bhai,
Choti-moti batton ko dil se nahi lete. Please read Ranvir's signature and go on. Just wait and watch, this Haryana, Raj. Punjab, UP, MP KI DHOOL UDNEDE, JAB YE DHOOL SAAF HOGI TOU JATLAND DIKHAAE DEGA. So don't loose your heart, keep helping Jat Brothers and sisters.
Take care.

proudjat
February 20th, 2003, 12:19 PM
Of course, we should not get in all this regionalism, as all what such things can do is 'Divide us'. At the same time, there are certain realities which we can't ignore as well.. Though living in Haryana for more than 35 years, my family too had to bear the discrimnation at several occassions... But I am sure only a few people with this kind of thinking are there who make it look like a Pathetic Situation... We also have several family friends on whom we can count more than from those from Paar (where we belong)....
So I think we must not blame the entire group of people, but do something to make it better and put an end to this regioanlism which time to time becomes obvious and an issue for serious thinking...

lrburdak
February 20th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Regionalism can not be eliminated all the time.It is human psychology that we feel comfortable when we meet a person who is from same caste,same gotra,same region or state. This feeling can not be harmful to any community. We should not mind it as long as we are united-taking Jat as a broader Sangh.
L.R.Burdak

guliya
February 21st, 2003, 06:14 PM
Well Even i hear ths commenst from the jats saying about each others districts etc. But i think just tak eit as one more of humour and ignore it. It bad thing to happen but sometimes ignoring things is best way to handle them

ishwarlamba
February 22nd, 2003, 09:29 AM
Dear Burdak Sahib
Thanks for your comments.
My whole idea was to bring Dhanesh Kumar to main fold. We all have weakness of family, village, caste, state or country of birth.
If some body wants to marry in Haryana, nothing wrong in it, but we have no write to disrespect any body. One should not say "Oh Rajasthan ke ho and disconnect the phone". It is very rude.
This was the point.
Regards
---------------------------------------

L.R.Burdak (Feb 20, 2003 05:35 a.m.):
Regionalism can not be eliminated all the time.It is human psychology that we feel comfortable when we meet a person who is from same caste,same gotra,same region or state. This feeling can not be harmful to any community. We should not mind it as long as we are united-taking Jat as a broader Sangh.
L.R.Burdak

kharb
February 22nd, 2003, 09:50 AM
Hi all,

I am just wondering on why this kind of perception is prevalent in the haryanvi and delhi area jats? I am from haryana and seen lot of my elders and relatives being biased against the UP - Rajasthan jats. One thing I often hear is that the brides from UP for example are very "chunnt". Isnt that good??

jataljaat
February 22nd, 2003, 10:16 AM
hi all
no other words..
the people who say these kind of things just need 1 thing..
if they ever meet u give them a sound beating..
lath tod do ise mansa pe..
ulta latkake goli maar deni chahiye..
cheers
singh

kharb
February 22nd, 2003, 01:54 PM
Kamal,

Not to forget these are my elders and relatives; the point is still unanswered. Why this bias in the first place? Hopefully newer generation will be bit more open minded but in any case it is difficult to change the beliefs of the previous generations.

lrburdak
February 23rd, 2003, 07:18 AM
Thank you Lamba saheb
These regional feelings were developed when means of communication were limited. Now with fast communication we should hope for the change.
L.R.Burdak

ishwarlamba
February 24th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Amit Beta,
If no body minds, answer to your question is very simple. People from Delhi to Rohtak (not all Haryana) are really very out spoken. They cut jokes of all others (jats of other districts and all other castes), but loose temper if some body makes a joke of them. Also I find them most hungry of praise and they are very miser in praising others. They are breeding ground for all political cadre in Delhi and Haryana.
If there is political rally in Delhi, 90% you will find people from this belt. Ministers in haryana politics are least powerful from this area. It is very unlikely that we may have a chief minister in haryana from this area. Reason is for leader ship u need many good qualities.
I will be lucky if some people will agree with my views.

Second: Amit beta bahu to chant honi chahiye
----------------------------------------

Amit Kharb (Feb 21, 2003 11:20 p.m.):
Hi all,

I am just wondering on why this kind of perception is prevalent in the haryanvi and delhi area jats? I am from haryana and seen lot of my elders and relatives being biased against the UP - Rajasthan jats. One thing I often hear is that the brides from UP for example are very "chunnt". Isnt that good??

rkumar
March 30th, 2003, 09:25 PM
we so called modern jats are loosing one quality which our elders had in large amounts...being laughed at. I know from my early days in village when elders used to cut jokes at each other and laugh. No one used to mind. Now coming to this haryana vs UP jats...I agree with some of the fellows that these regional feelings will always remain. What to talk of Haryana vs UP, I have seen Shamli vs baraut, meerut vs muzaffar nagar... and mind you my wife is from Rohtak area and I am from Shamli (Muzaffar Nagar), we have fun every time we meet from either side..It all depends how much you can defend your arguments. I personally feel there is nothing wrong in having regional feelings. Meeting each other helps reducing such feelings to a great extent. Therefore the moral of the story is that we have better communication with as many as we can and try to argue our case well.

guliya
March 31st, 2003, 05:26 PM
I reckon in the end just take it as a humour and move on!!!

dkumar
March 31st, 2003, 07:48 PM
Dear Friends/Respected Seniors,

Thank you very much all of you...especially Ishwar Uncle and Yagya Bhai to inspire me to take this all in lighter vain and join back the net home i.e. www.Jatland.com!

Since it's firstever incident of discrimination I came across in my lil lifetime so I got hurted a lot but with the similar experience sahred by few of you has made to re-think my decision to say quits though Ishwar Uncle's Inspirational mails were first to break the deadlock! Thank you once again Uncle!

and I forgot the same with philosphy "Is Duniya mein kitna Gam hai, Mera Gam Kitna Kam Hai, Auron ka Gam Dekha to Mein Apna Gam BHUL gaya"

till later, take care!

shokeen123
April 1st, 2003, 06:59 AM
Welcome back Dhanesh!

rkumar
April 1st, 2003, 08:23 PM
Hi Dhanesh, welcome back and there is some more I wish to add on the topic. I joined Jatland just two days back. It is really heartening to read the items on Mr Satveer Choudhary, Senator. See the result of haryana and UP jats, joint venture...girl from haryana, boy from UP and the son...a senator...what does everyone say to this? Who is from Par is all relative...to us all haryana wale are parva..and to them we UP wala are all Parva...Beauty is, if you are sucessful, both sides put claim on you...after all we all need an icon to rally around in life....so aspire to become an icon...world will be under your feet...let us not feel divided by waters of a river....