PDA

View Full Version : Veeru is an exciting batsman: Tendulkar

rsdalal
February 20th, 2003, 12:40 AM
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/uncomp/articleshow?artid=37993672

Veeru is an exciting batsman: Tendulkar

PTI[ WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2003 10:16:29 PM ]

HARARE: For Virender Sehwag, it could not have been a greater tribute. Sachin Tendulkar, on whom the batsman from Najafgarh has modeled himself, on Wednesday said it was a pleasure to watch Sehwag from the other end.

“Veeru is an exciting batsman. It's a treat to watch him. He likes to play his shots. It's best to take a single and enjoy his batting (from the other end of the crease),” Tendulkar, who was adjudged the Man of the Match for his match winning 81 against Zimbabwe here, said.

Sehwag scored 36 runs, including six hits to the boundary. India won the match by 83 runs and kept alive their chances of qualifying for the Super Sixes of the World Cup.

Tendulkar, who came in at number three in the batting order for last few seasons, said he was "happy" at opening the innings again.

"I batted in the opening slot for eight to nine years and kind of got used to it.

"For last few months, I have been coming lower down but now I am again opening and am happy about it,"

Tendulkar said.

Tendulkar has opened the batting for India in this World Cup, first partnering skipper Sourav Ganguly and then Sehwag.

sanjaychhikara
February 20th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Dalal bhaisaab,

What can me say more then Tendulkar has done, Veeru is just terrific to watch!!!!
He is not like Dravid (he is also the best to have in your team); he goes after the bowler and doesn’t like to wait.
Tendulkar finally made clear who is the best now at the moment.

akdabas
February 20th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Ranvir Bhai,

Bilkul thik kaha aapne. Veeru ka jawb nahin and we do pray for him that he keeps these words.

Weldone Veeru bhai...