PDA

View Full Version : Community waiting for U with tears in eyes

ishwarlamba
February 25th, 2003, 04:34 AM
Do not serve Pappu, serve your community

To get moksha (mukti, salvation), one needs following three:
* Gyan (wisdom, pure knowledge)
* Karm (nishkam karma, pure action)
* Uppasna ( attachment with god, meditation)

In old times life was used to be about 100 years and was divided in following four parts (Ashrams):
* Bramchari (Student life) 25 years
* Grastha (family life) 25 years
* Vanprastha (social work) 25 years
* Sanyas (Meditation) 25 years

Now average life is about 70 to 80 years life.
Most of the people have only three life parts:
* Bramchari (Student life) 25 years
* Grastha (active family life) 25 years
* Retired Life (25 years)

I will cover retired life in following three aspects:
* Where are u know
* Where u should be
* How to go there

Where Are U Know: A person retired as Director General of Police (Mr Lamba) in a state. He saw ad in newspaper “ Wanted a Security Adviser for big business house, should be a high profile retired police officer”. This man applied, was selected and was given cabin. He had no work, just sitting whole day and passing time. After a month, one day the director Mr Khosla called him and said Lamba Sahib, our Pappu has some work in Panipat police station, can u help him. Mr Lamba goes to Pappu and says sir what can I do for u. Pappu did not even offer Mr Lamba to sit down. He said come with me to Panipat Police Station. When they reached Panipat Police Station, Mr Lamba gave his visiting card to the duty havaldar and told him, he want to see the SHO Mr Dudee.
Mr Dudee came out and saluted Mr Lamba and said yes sir what I can I do for u.
Mr Lamba said who is your SP. Mr Dudee said Mr Malik is SP Panipat. Mr Lamba said Oh Mr Malik worked under me when I was DIG Rohtak Range. Mr Dudee offered him tea and asked if he could help for anything.
Mr Lamba said meet our director Mr Khosla (Pappu). Mr Dudee lost temper and said “O ye haram jada phir aa gaya”. Mr Dudee said sorry to say sir, this bastered, I will kill, he has raped a girl from a reputed family. Pappu was scared and could not face the SHO. Here became a odd situation. SHO was addressing Mr Lamba (ex DG) as sir, Mr Lamba was addressing Pappu as sir and Pappu was addressing the SHO as sir.
Finally situation became so awakward, the SHO told the ex DG, govt is giving u enough pension, why are u slave of such a basterd, wasting my time and said please get out.

O Ishwar Lamba, your community(the holy mother) is looking towards u for help with tears in eyes. O so called educated people, where are u, get up and email Shri Dharam Pal Dudee just know, he is waiting for u. Please come out of shell of ex DG, serve the community and enjoy the life. I will also join u, ones my daughter Ruchi is married.

In my next writting, I will cover the followings:
* Where u should be
* How to go there

Regards
Ishwar Lamba

ravichaudhary
February 25th, 2003, 07:53 AM
We need to wake up.

many Jats do not wish to acknowledge they are Jats.

Whatever problem comes, thye say "it is nothing to do with me"

When the problem comes to their family and daughter, they are alone.

No one to help them.

This is a lack of awareness.

Old saying

A house divided cannot stand.

To stand , we have to sacrifiice, and stay together

We must bring our children out of the villages!!

The old days are gone

Ravi

raj2rif
February 25th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Dear Mr. Lamba,
Very well explained. I think, it is a nice idea to do some thing for community rathre than being slave of some Pappu. Yes we all have some obligation to our families, but once the children are settled, we need to contribute towards the community.
Your article is really motivating. I hope our elderly people read this and gain inspiration.
We need to set examples for our future generations. I am sure slowly and steadily we will achieve some thing as a community.

ajaynehra
February 25th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Respected Lamba ji

Great .. I don't find words for your perceptiveness ................ I salute you for this.

Best Regards

AJAY NEHRA

saketdhankar
February 26th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Lamba sir,

a very touching, inspiring and meaningful post.

thanks & regards,
saket.

sudesh
February 26th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Respected Lamba Ji
Your present contribution is really very valuable and thought provoking.But I'm
afraid it would not be reaching the targetted audience.The Jats in India who are in the retired age group are not generally on the internet.So it would be very nice if you send it to some newspapers
which are read in jat dominated areas like Haribhoomi in haryana which is a paper
published by Jats.
Secondly there is a need to formulate the strategy as to how to help and educate
the people in villages.

ishwarlamba
February 26th, 2003, 06:25 AM
Sudesh Bhen,
Thanks for compliments.
Please send me email of Haribhoomi newspaper.
Also get me email Shri M. S. Malik present director general of police, Haryana.
Also Shri Vinay Kumar will soon retire as VC of HAU.
Shri Dharampal Dudee has started a trust in India, which will provide training facilty for social workers.
Jats are very emotional spices, very attached to their villages bur very very egoestic. They are so weak that they need praise for their work all the time, but never like even to hear praise of other forget about praising others themselves. They are very addicted to tablets of praise.
Here in Sydney (Australia), we are 90 Jat families. My wife Kanta says when some body critisize her for comminity, she does not mind at all. She says "It is Community work, if some body is abusing, she is abusing the community, hence why I should mind, I pass on these abuses to community account". That is how she has become one of leading social workers.
Problem is all these VCs, DGs and Generals still want to play with toys of praise. They are begging in front of ignorent villagers for praise, it means they have more ego than these villagers. They want quick reward for any small or big help. They should get rid of their titles, become humble, down to the earth and donate their skills.
O my educated Jat sisters/brothers, all mighty has given u every thing, why are begging for more, rather it is the time to give.
Let us become adult, we nead critisizm as our food.
Regards

-----------------------------------------

Sudesh Chhikara (Feb 25, 2003 05:01 p.m.):
Respected Lamba Ji
Your present contribution is really very valuable and thought provoking.But I'm
afraid it would not be reaching the targetted audience.The Jats in India who are in the retired age group are not generally on the internet.So it would be very nice if you send it to some newspapers
which are read in jat dominated areas like Haribhoomi in haryana which is a paper
published by Jats.
Secondly there is a need to formulate the strategy as to how to help and educate
the people in villages.

saroj
February 26th, 2003, 07:28 AM
You never know till you try to reach them how accessible men are; but you must approach each man by the right door.

HENRY WARD BEECHER Proverbs from Plymouth Pulpit (1887)

ishwarlamba
February 26th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Saroj Bhen,
Very well said, we always go through door.
We all have to learn from great father and continue with the work started by him.
-----------------------------------

Saroj Godara (Feb 25, 2003 08:58 p.m.):
You never know till you try to reach them how accessible men are; but you must approach each man by the right door.

HENRY WARD BEECHER Proverbs from Plymouth Pulpit (1887)

ishwarlamba
February 27th, 2003, 07:09 AM
Ajay Beta
Thanks for encouraging words
Dr(Mrs) Sudesh Chhikara has wriiten her father is already in business of social work.

I do not encourage u young people to divert your energy to social work. Rather I encourage u all to prograss further and go overseas even.
But there may be 100,000 retired Jats. That is the market we are looking.
U are all very successful people and are living in India.
Dudee Sahib has a charity trust in India, where these people can be trained and put for a constructive use for community work.
For example Suresh Kumar Tomer's are parents are retired. Only thing u have to do is send the names of these people to Dudee Sahib or me.
You can take a lead in this.
I will wait for your reply.

-----------------------------------

AJAY NEHRA (Feb 25, 2003 11:18 a.m.):
Respected Lamba ji

Great .. I don't find words for your perceptiveness ................ I salute you for this.

Best Regards

AJAY NEHRA

ranjitjat
February 27th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Dear Lamba Ji & all
Thank you very much for this valuable appeal& advice.
I agree with DR- Sudesh ji that most of our retired people are in India- We should use Indian press. The owner of HARIBHUMI is Ch Mitarsan Ji.He is a successful business man. He is also taking good interest in community work.
We are very grateful for DR Sudesh ji & her husband DR Hawa singh Ji Registrar of Kurukshetra university. Both husband & wife team are taking keen interest in community work.
We are inviting them to London next month to discuss Rural Education & community projects.
We will ask them to draw a blue print- report on rural Education & community projects with the help of Ex VC- Bhimsingh Dahiya and other VCS- EX VCS.
Those who are waiting to open the right door are welcome to join - JAT EDUCATION GROUP at yahoo.
DR Birbal singh ji- RAVI JI & others are discussing Rural Education projects. All jat-jatnis are welcome to Contact me- Lamba ji- Ravi ji & Dr Birbal singh ji
dharmpaluk@yahoo.co.uk

thank you all
with best wishes & good luck

lrburdak
February 28th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Lamba ji's appeal is just touching heart.What jats should do after retirement is very important issue. Basically we are not a service class.With most of jat officers ego is big problem. We can not salute pappu. The work should be respecable one. we should devote after-retirement time for the cause of community. If financial situations demand the community can pay them back. Presently we do not have community based sustainable imfrastructure.
I found two magazinesfor Jats published from Agra have wide circulation among jats. These are in Hindi.They are doing good job. one is-JAT SAMAJ,a monthly magazine and other is -JAT BANDHU,a fortnightly paper. Any appeal published in these can cover a wide Jat population.

ompati
March 1st, 2003, 08:52 AM
Lamba ji,

Very inspiring thoughts. I would like to meet like minded people in India (In July/August) this year. Though the area of social work is vast but we have to make a start.

Ompati

rajendersingh
March 1st, 2003, 09:50 AM
dear all,

it is indeed the need of the hourto do some thing in this field.in fact the problem with our pple is different as on date.we find that pple have realy surrendered to the circumstances. in harayan90% of pple are standing in lines for the monthly pension.that is inspite of all resources ,at many can afford with out that.but self respect has taken a back seat. our youngesters are not able to think any thing axcept for police recruitment,if that is not achived ,army is considered. are we meant for these things only.the world is moving ahead very fast.i belive these things were ok 40 or 50 years back but now it talks of total backwardness of the community.

we have been lead to this situation by our leaders. and they will continue with these gimicks till we allow them.politicians have no caste and creed but the voters only.

sudesh
March 3rd, 2003, 04:26 AM
Rajender ji
I do agree with you that our community is at cross roads but at the same time we can not just give up.what ever little bit we can contribute we should.
Rajender Singh (Feb 28, 2003 11:20 p.m.):
dear all,

it is indeed the need of the hourto do some thing in this field.in fact the problem with our pple is different as on date.we find that pple have realy surrendered to the circumstances. in harayan90% of pple are standing in lines for the monthly pension.that is inspite of all resources ,at many can afford with out that.but self respect has taken a back seat. our youngesters are not able to think any thing axcept for police recruitment,if that is not achived ,army is considered. are we meant for these things only.the world is moving ahead very fast.i belive these things were ok 40 or 50 years back but now it talks of total backwardness of the community.

we have been lead to this situation by our leaders. and they will continue with these gimicks till we allow them.politicians have no caste and creed but the voters only.