PDA

View Full Version : Jatland and news

rsdalal
March 2nd, 2003, 09:28 PM
http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=16171
Girl burnt for resisting harassment

Tushar Srivastava

Muzaffarnagar, January 5: A fourteen-year-old girl here was sexually harassed by three men who poured kerosene oil on her and set her afire when she protested. Jyoti sustained 50 pc burn injuries and is now admitted in Muzaffarnagar District Hospital.

The accused — Bhura, 20, Sayeed, 30 and Amana, 15 — allegedly barged into her home on Friday when she was alone. Jyoti was rushed to the nearby health centre by her neighbours. ‘‘We were out at the time,’’ says her father Jagbir Singh. The family later shifted her to the district hospital in Muzaffarnagar.

The accused have been arrested and remanded to 14 days’ custody. A case of attempt to murder and molestation was registered at the Budhana police station on a complaint by Jyoti’s grandfather Asha Ram. ‘‘We have arrested the accused on the basis of the complaint by the victim’s family and the victim’s statement,’’ said Muzaffarnagar additional SSP Ram Bharose.

The three, police said, are local residents of Budhana district. Jagbir alleges that they have been involved in similar incidents of misbehaviour earlier too. ‘‘They will be soon out on bail. Even if police release them, I won’t,’’ he says.

Jyoti’s brother-in-law Satish Kumar says: ‘‘Look at the conditions here. There’s not a single doctor. We might shift her to Delhi.’’

—(Victim’s name has been changed to protect her identity)

sansanwalamit
March 2nd, 2003, 10:39 PM
how brutal.......
infact its just a request please do not post such topics they have a great effect on people's mind I mean we know it happens but reading about what the little 14 year old had to face is very disturbing especially when you feel helpless and cannot do anything to support the one in need ....may God bless her and all of us ...so that such a torture doesnt happen to anyone else ...and may such sinners burn forever in hell.....and I bet this is what will happen to them .....God is near...