PDA

View Full Version : Jat historical records

ravichaudhary
November 23rd, 2002, 03:48 AM
Historical records

With the advent of the Muslim rule, the Sarv- Khap Panchayat wary of the destruction of records by the fanatic Muhamadans, entrusted to the responsibility for preservation to a Jaga Bhat, Betal.
In Vikram Samvat 1261(1204 AD), Betal Bhat convened meetings at various places and selected a team of 125 Bhats whom he took in the hills of Haridwar and there devised a new script.

The new script consisting of new letters and figures was formed by Betal, Jagtal, Harital, Manutal and Premtal Bhats. They installed Jaga Bhats (recorder maintainer Bhats).
They installed their schools in different places- Hastinapur, Rohtak, Sikarpur, Issopur Teel, Brindaban and Haridwar. In this new script lines represented letters.

Source: (General account, Shoram Collection, Pothi No 4, page 51- Dr Bal Kishan Dabas- Political and Social History of the Jats, 2001 Sanjay Prakashan, New Delhi).

Does anyone have a contact phone number or E mail for Dr Dabas
If so please forward it to me

Ravi

chashokverma
November 23rd, 2002, 10:47 AM
very interesting. The records of Jagas are required to be preserved before these get destroyed.

Ravi Bhai in case you get the contact no plz share with me.

I can give the address of our Jaga in case you are interested. contact me on chashokverma@hotmail.com

rsdalal
November 23rd, 2002, 06:57 PM
Good One Please Keep it up.

urmiladuhan
November 25th, 2002, 04:17 AM
HELLO,

I AM LOOKING FOR SOME KIND OF TAKE HOME MESSAGE FROM EVERY HISTORY POST. WHAT CAN JATS LEARN FROM THEIR WAR HISTORY THAT WILL HELP THEM IN OVERCOMING THEIR CURRENT PROBLEMS?

ranjitjat
November 25th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Lesson from history
unity among all jats

akdabas
November 26th, 2002, 01:49 AM
Very interesting.

rajendersingh
November 29th, 2002, 03:56 PM
RAVIJI, today i bought a booK titled ''TAMBURLANE THE CONQUEROR''IT IS WRITTEN BY HALDA HOOKHAM AND PRINTED BYHODDER AND STOUGHTON IN U K IN THE YEAR 1962. THE BOOK IS OUT OF PRINT. IN THIS BOOK THERE ARE AT LEAST 7-8 REFERNCES OF JATS FIGHTING TAMUR IN SAMARKAND IN DIFFERENT BATTLES.DETAILS, I WILLBE ABLETO DISCUSS ONLY WHEN I AM THROUGH THIS BOOK

kumarjee
December 30th, 2004, 11:01 PM
I am interested to see that documents regarding the "The new script consisting of new letters and figures was formed by Betal, Jagtal, Harital, Manutal and Premtal Bhats. They installed Jaga Bhats (recorder maintainer Bhats)."

If any cost estimats are available pl. let me know.

Kumarjee

PS. I have a letter written by Jata Rajpal from Sind which is written in figures representing shape of tree branches.

lrburdak
January 1st, 2005, 03:07 PM
The records maintained by Bhats/Charans/jagas/Bhadwas are very valuable to rewrite the jat history.These records are accurate and updated regularly by them. The new generation is loosing interest in them. Of late, instances have come in the notice that these invaluable records are being mortgaged by these record keepers to take loans. It is high time that these records are properly documented and brought to electronic form. We have to think about it. In search of tracing the roots of jats, I could locate my family Bhadwa. I contacted him on phone. He is having the family records since 7 th century. I was amazed to know it. Such a unique system of keeping records is at the verge of extinction.
Can we prepare a database of these historical record keepers ?

navingulia
January 4th, 2005, 11:10 AM
our family records are kept at garh mukteshwar by pandas i think, i have been planning to go there and get details.
Can there be any other sources of history of gulia's of Badli region?
do let me know?

ravichaudhary
March 6th, 2006, 09:00 PM
I

Kumarjee

PS. I have a letter written by Jata Rajpal from Sind which is written in figures representing shape of tree branches.

Satyendra

Can you scan the letter and send me a copy or post it here

Ravi Chaudhary

vijay
March 6th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Few years back our 'bahibhaat' came and told us about our last 30 ancestors (approx). I just paid a little atention at that time but got wrote their names. But now i really realize how important and valuable was that. Whenevr i fine time i am going to research on that extensively. They have our history and roots with them.

I am very interesting to know our past.