PDA

View Full Version : The theory of Pure and impure Clans is a political product of the Brahman Rajput alliance.

amitdahiya
August 29th, 2002, 04:13 PM
There is ample evidence to prove that the theory of Pure and impure races does not apply unfavourably to the status of Jats.

Social ups and downs notwithstanding, the Jats by and large have survived on the strength of their own principles and strengths, and this has always been more or less outside the mainstream of society and its political accomodations, especially those that forged the marriage of convenience between Rajputs and Brahmans.
There are several facts that contradict the theory of impurity as applied to Jats. Take a look at any satellite imagery of Indias agrarian
lands and you will come across an extraordinary conclusion that cannot be explained away as a coincidence
1. The Jats are found located throughout the most fertile areas or 1 re land.
2. If the Jats were impure would the Rajputs who are distinguished by the fact that their lands are amongst the least fertile in the country tolerate the ownership of the best land by the Jats.
3. Would this ownership not have changed in the last several millennia.
4.The hideous cruelty to which the so called unclean castes have been subjected in the past and are being subjected to even today, are unimaginable for us.
5. The british when they came here did not award martial status to any lower caste for recruitment to the army ( with only one possible exception The Mahar regiment- the origins of the mahars are not clearly known and they have indeed distinguished themselves in battle).
6.The jats presence in the army is in the most elite fighting arms the Cavalry (Skinners horse was almost exclusively filled with Jats from Hissar in the region of my Grandmothers village as also Hansi and Sirsa. The Paras, the Armoured Regiment, Mechanised Infantry and last but not least the Legendary Jat Regiment and the Sikh regiment. Till today over 50% of all gallantry awards in Battle have been won by Jats.
7. Over the centuries many other communities have avoided persecution by claiming to be jats and gradually blending in with the Jats and even if they were from 'lesser or lower social orders' the definition impure is completely beneath our dignity and beyond logical acceptance.
8. The appellation 'third world' applies to those countries that demonstrate third class thinking, the notion that Jats were ever impure is an example of exactly that kind of thought. For the sake of our future and out of respect for our past, please let us completely discredit and reject this notion that we are anything other than an outstanding martial race.
9. Attack the essence of our self respect and you will erode the basic mettle of our stength and then where shall we be even if a few people earn academic laurels for accepting this outrageous,irrelevant and distorted concept.

Respectfully
Amit Dahiyabadshah

chashokverma
September 1st, 2002, 09:29 PM
Amit Ji

The concept of purity as given out probably is probably not understood. There is nothing to get emotional about it.

Caste system is the worst gift of Brahmanism to the nation, which is so deep rooted that it is even now threatening the very fabric of national unity.

The bogey of Rajputs was created by Brahmans to serve their narrow interests out of Jats, other warrior like races and some tribes. It is the known fact that the two of the castes of the Agni Vansh are the tribal. The British rulers never bought this idea and gave Jats their dues. Turks and Afgan rulers also respected Jats. In fact these rulers in Western UP gave most of the fertile lands to Jats by way of royal grants. They also honored Jats with the title of Choudhary and Maliks an equivalent of the title Thakur. Many Jats served in their army. The first Muslim ruler of Gujrat was a Jat convert. The mother of Mohd bin Tuglak was a Jat lady. Mughals off course due to; first, their proximity to the Rajputs , second; because they snatched political power from Turks and Afgans, were anti Jats , but Jats of Braj (mainly Mathura, Agra, Bharatpur, Aligarh, Dholpur and Faridabad) and Punjab (Sikh Jats) brought them to their knees. In fact their resistance was the one of the biggest reason for the downfall of Mughals. Biggest? Because the resistance to their authority was right under their nose (Delhi).

Jats don’t have to take certificate from the Brahmans about their qualities. They have lived with honor and will write their destiny with their own strengths and weaknesses. But the game of caste politics has to be understood if Jats wants to progress in accordance with rules of the modern time in the changed political scenario. The mention of words like pure and impure is to high light the dirty tricks of the Brahmans. It has nothing to do with the racial purity of Jats. They are Indo-Shythian warriors and will remain so. Off course there may be need to adopt new rules of business because the game of sward and land no longer yields power. Its Mind and Money ……..MAN…….which matters? Diversification of the fields of activities is the need of hour.

amitdahiya
September 2nd, 2002, 11:25 AM
Varmaji
It is a real pleasure to communicate with some one who is well versed in written History. Just one submission, one small contradiction and a radical thought with your permission. Hopefully it will raise this topic to the level of a useful perspective for and of the community.

The Jat language has always lacked a written script and so we are victims of our own frozen creativity. One consequence of this is that ours is an oral History wrapped in folklore, song and the collective memory of the tribe. Could we posibly agree that the last 2000 years have always produced politically correct histories that best served the powers that prevailed at different points of time. Much of the Historical texts that Historians quote are in fact the result of these very processes. So how do we balance the politcally correct assumptions of a particular political dispensation with the obscure facts of a community, which at the best of times had to be provoked into interaction with other social orders and did pride itself in minding its own business to a fault.

2nd I feel that the statement that Mughals gave us the best lands is inconsistent with the true facts that the Jats preceded the Mughals by several millennia and their holdings have largely been ancient, contiguous and the agrarian traditions are those of prime land Agriculturists. Few Jats are found on poor quality land except those that border the prime lands of the main communityeg western Haryana and Rajasthan. That the Mughals endorsed their holdings to facilitate peaceful coexistence and token collections of Tax, seems the more likely explanation.

The defects of the caste system may apply to those who are either its victims or beneficiaries, We are neither and in fact our existence is above the caste system and order. Look how the Sikhs who have found a great identity are refusing to be classified as Hindus because thay came up to avoid the weaknesses of Hinduism. The Jat Identity is a great gift to all of us and it probably precedes all the religions of the modern world. After doing more than any one else to protect it from destruction by Islam do we have to accept the indignities of the weakness and sloth of Hinduism and its self appointed high priests. I Think Not.

Yours Respectfully
Amit Dahiyabadshah

amitdahiya
September 2nd, 2002, 11:56 AM
Dear Varma Ji

It is true that this is an emotional issue for some of us but if you dispose off my train of thought as mere sentiment then perhaps we may both lose out on an alternative line of thinking that drives the self respect, dignity, pride and emotional intelligence of a huge chunk of the community. This segment is also progressive, successful and above all has the potential to work as path finders for the community in the age of competition. A study of succesful entities in the the late twentieth century clearly shows that three processes need to take place before progress can be either measurable or sustainable:
Continuous improvement,
culture change and
Quality thinking.
Even on a day to day basis the mantra of successful enterprise incorporates three simple yardsticks :
Firm Foundation,
All round growth.
High Aspirations.
The History of successful Societies and Corporate entities shows that Pride has played a very powerful role in these successes. My point is, in a resource and investment poor environment The Jat has to succeed against all odds. By subscribing to any thought or principle that erodes our self respect, we strengthen the hands of those who would seek to hold us back and weaken the resolve of our own people.

Please Varma Ji dont dismiss these thoughts as emotional sentiment. I do value your comment and Historical insight. By the way where are you located? if you're here in India perhaps we could meet up and collaborate on a number of projects. This winter we are organising "A Ride for Pride" from Bharatpur to Delhi, tracing the successful campaign of Raja Surajmal. Jats from all over North India and many other clans who too respect Jat Culture and 'History' are getting together with their horses and will reenact this Historical Journey. We have designed several socio economic projects for Jatlands and have entered into strategic partneships with diverse organisations and talents. These include Organic farming Model farms for small holdings, Integrated pest management initiatives, A talent spotting and nurturing programme, Promoting the equity of women by enhancing their productivity through technologies and training, and by empowering them to initiate non conventional projects as partners, A finishing school for young Jats, An employment promotion programme. These programmes have been researched for the last three and a half years, the technologies are identified and we are now entering the end of the research and planning phase.

Yours Respectfully
Amit Dahiyabadshah[/quote]

chashokverma
September 2nd, 2002, 10:47 PM
Amitji

I am delighted to know about a person like you who understands the need of the hour. I am also impressed with the kind of projects you are involved with. I extend my full cooperation to you and your organisation.

You have rightly identified the biggest single strengths of the Jats; The Self Respect. There is yet another unique social phenomenon among Jats is their respect to the Samaj (though off course its weakening now as the think tanks of our community has failed to provide a common platform). When you say that, three processes need to take place before progress can be either measurable or sustainable:

Continuous improvement,

Culture change and

Quality thinking.

I wouldn’t have agreed with you more then this.

My grand father described a Jat like; Sankar tora, Gounch marora and Shekhi khora. When he said this he actually identified the three biggest weaknesses infesting the Jat mind. On other hand a typical Jat gets motivated when it said" in haryanivi----Mar Gayo ke or in Braj Bhasha---Arre mar gayo ka. or father of Jat telling his defeated son; Ja mar ja sare, shakal mat dikhaiyyo. It speaks of the kind of strength Jats have to accept any Challenge. It is just the matter of how to channelise it to achieve all round sustainable growth?

Amiji you have prescribed the medicine. But the question is how to administer it? A long-term strategy acceptable to all has to be evolved and implemented over few generations. The biggest challenge is to educate the minds. Thereafter rest everything falls in line. We may have to revive the concept of Jat Samaj above the religious and caste lines. I am glade you have made the beginning. I am in India presently posted at Lucknow. I offer my services to the cause. I shall be visiting Delhi from 5-8 Sep 02. In case you have some establishment in Delhi then it will be my pleasure to visit it for the discussion on the subject.

scsheorayan
September 3rd, 2002, 06:09 PM
Dear Amit ji, Verma ji and all dear Jats,

It is refreshing to read about the History of Jats. It should provoke some positive thinking in all of us about Jats and encourage us to do some thing worthwhile for the community.

Simplicity is one of our greatest strengths which we do not seem to appreciate as much as other attributes e.g. hard work, determination etc. Strength of character is born from simplicity. Educated people fall prey to duplicity easier than their uneducated counter parts. Reasons could be many but the result is the loss of inner strength and inclination to be more selfish.

What we need at the moment is strong and good people who can prove as role model for others. Those who can place the interest of larger community before their own narrow self interest. Time may come sooner than later when there will be so much information and not enough wisdom to use that information. This is already happening in corporate World.

Those of us who are fortunate enough to be in a position to help others must do so by what ever means but the precondition must first be met if this help is to do any thing good for any one. The pre condition is the right spirit. If it feels like a sacrifice you are better off not doing it. But if it comes from your heart as a duty of one Jat towards other Jats then by all means. There are plenty of opportunities starting from grass root level upwards all the way to the Capital of India where there is great need for good motivated people.

By nature Jats used to be least materialistic and that detachment gave them the strength which new generations are swapping fast for material possessions or sense gratification. Through inner strength we can conquer all our fears including insecurity.

Here let me give an example of real life conversation;

Bhatija : Chacha let us build a factory.
Chacha : Sure, what you want to do with the factory ?
Bhatija : Make products and sell to people.
Chacha : Good idea, will do it one day when we have enough money and time.
Bhatija : Why not now, let us sell what we have and borrow money from Bank.
Chacha : Not a good idea, because then the Bank will want their installment.
Bhatija : We will make enough money to pay installment and have plenty left for ourselves.
Chacha : What will we do with that much money.
Bhatija : Enjoy life.
Chacha : And what are we doing now ?

Does it make sense ? To some it will but to a vast majority probably not. Well that is the life. We can not please every one including ourselves.

Think about it !

What is really important in your life and what is your contribution in making this World a better place.

amitdahiya
September 5th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Bhai Ashok Ram Ram.
My phone number is 9810637296. We can either meet at the Jat Fauji Dharamshala which is at the Kauria Bridge near the red Fort or if you call me on 9810637296 we will be able to communicate and establish a point to meet. I too shall arrange to be in Delhi on the 6th and 7th of Sept so I look forward to meeting with you on one of these days.

Good wishes
Amit