PDA

View Full Version : BIRTH CENTENARY OF CHAUDHARY CHARAN SINGH

sanjeev_khokher
December 19th, 2002, 09:54 PM
BIRTH CENTENARY OF CHAUDHARY CHARAN SINGH
DECEMBER 23, 2002

Ch. Charan Singh - Outstanding Contribution to Agriculture

* Introduced U.P. Mandi Act ( 1937) for preventation of exploitation of farmers by traders/middlemen

* Instrumentall in
- Zamindari Abolitation and Land Reforms Act in U.P. (1952)
- Consolidation of Holding Act in U.P. (1953)
- Abolition of Patwari system

* Started minor irrigation plan for the eastern districts of Utter Pardesh

* Exampted farmers owning land up to three and half acres of land from from paying land revenue

* Reduced excise duty on all chemical fertilizers.

* Establised National Bank of Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) in 1979 for providing loans for agricultural and rural development schemes.

* Launched Food for Work Programme.

* Exemped tobacco from excise.

*** New Initiatives in the Agricultural Sector***

** New Liberalized Multi-State Cooprative Societies Act enactes, removing goverment control, bestowing autonomy and facilitating democratic management and encouraging self-reliance by giving freedom to ccorporatives to raise financial resources.

** Protection of Plant Varieties and Farmers Right Act enacted.

** The scheme of Agri - Clinics and Agro- Bussiness centers to encourage unemployed agriculture graduates to take up extention activities launched.

** Rural Godown Scheme commenced.

** The scheme of Farm Water Management in north-estern region started.

***Measures of the anvil***

* Provide better risk management for agriculture sector by expanding coverage under National Agriculture Insurance scheme.

* Enhance availability of adequate, easy and low cost credit to farmers.
* Package for revitalization of Credit Cooperative Societies to be announced shortly.
* Reforms in Markting sector to promote development of competitive agricultural markets/markting infrastructure in private and cooperative sectors.
* Licensing requirment for dealers under Fertilizer Control Order to be dispended with.
* Pesticides Act to be amended to check spurious pesticides and to ensure availability of quality pesticides.
* Seed Act to be amended to promote quality seeds.
* Aqua-culture Authority Bill to be enacted very soon.

KISAN SAMMAN WEEK
DECEMBER 17-23, 2002

*****PROGRAMMES*****

* Dec 20, 2002 : Fruit Show at Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Banglore.
* Dec 21, 2002 : Fruit Show at Maheatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth, Rahuri, Maharastra.
* Dec 21-23,2002 : Agriculture exhibition at Indian Agriculture Research Institute, Pusa, New Delhi
* Dec 22, 2002 : National Function for Farmers` Awards at Indian Agriculture Research Institute, Pusa, New Delhi

* Dec 23, 2002 : Farmers` Meeting at Udyog Maidan, Statue Circle, Jaipur

(Ministry of Agriculture, Goverment of India)

Published by : The Times of India dated December 19, 2002

biotechs2001
December 19th, 2002, 10:12 PM
very intresting to read about Chaudhary Sahab, keep writing more about him.

ranjitjat
December 19th, 2002, 10:44 PM
Dear Sanjeev - Great news
The government of India celebrating KISAN SAMAAN WEEK ON BIRTH CENTENARY OF GREAT
CHAUDHARY CHARAN SINGH.
Many congratulations to all Indian & Kisans on this day.
Another good news is that his son Ch Ajitsingh is agriculture minister of India.
We hope and pray that NDA government will bring some real measure to help the farmers at the time of drought.

As you know we talk about this on chatline.
I met the great Chudhary at his house in New Delhi with family.
We discussed with him all the problems of kisans & rural India.
He told us you must remember your country & culture.
He also told us to keep the roots of rural village life
The unity of family- community & country.
We all hope and pray on this day & week that
we will be united for ever.
The son & daughter of a jat kisan will be prime minister of India in near future.

Wish you all greetings & best wishes on Kisan week.
JAIHIND

sanjeev_khokher
December 19th, 2002, 11:42 PM
Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for the concern....I remember the day very well when we discussed abt the importance of unity of CH.AJIT SINGH and CH.OMPARKASH CHAUTALA for the community and farmers.....but we are still to see any one trying to get them together....

Any way..both are doing well in thair respactive fields......Another notable effort of CH. AJIT SINGH is this, he has bagged one more add from the PM India as 500 Cr for the drought effected farmers...as well as meny other schemes....like no interst on loans for one more year for KHARIF Fasal..(After a month long opposition from Mr.Jaswant Singh....and finaly PM intrupted the battle and granted the ADD on the proposal of AJIT SINGH)

So Let`s Congratulate Chaudhary Sahab and all farmers and wish he could do more for us....

Regards

ndahiya
December 22nd, 2002, 02:00 AM
hi!

we have a small bio of ch charan singh (http://www.jatland.com/people/charansingh.htm) that might do with some updating. if someone can take time out to do comprehensive additions/modifications to this bio, plz let me know (just send me the final text)... :)

nitin

rajendersingh
December 22nd, 2002, 09:03 PM
dear sanjeev,thanks for this special post.in deed every jat is proud of choudhary charan singh.we all must thank god to do us for a favour by sending him in jat family.we are thankful to the greatmother who did us a favour by giving us such a visionory.we all are so indebeted the great soul that many many comming generations will remember him, the great jat the p. m.

sanjeev, do you have any idea about a book written on economics by choudharysahib and the firstbook by any indian which was published by that publishing house on this subject in london ,that could be penguin london or england .i want that book and even any other book about or by choudhary sahib.i am writing this because after all efforts till date i could lay my hand only on one book that is"charan singh selected speeches" kindly do respond

ranjitjat
December 23rd, 2002, 05:38 PM
Dear Sanjeev & all
Let us all of us work for greater unity of jats.
If the grass roots worker get united- they can force the top leaders to united or go to the farm houses.
We have to start from some where- let us start from here & now.
LONG LIVE JATS UNITY

sanjeev_khokher
December 24th, 2002, 06:06 PM
Dear Sir,
It will be my pleasure to arrange this book for you....I have my leave planned from 25 Dec to 1 Jan....so in this period I will be in my home town where we have a Liberery dedicated to Chaudhary Sahab and agricultural litrature...So it is the best oppurtunity to atleast collect the information or the book itself from there....I would not be able to connect through Internet from there...so you will have to wait till 2 Jan for another revert.......

and thanks very much for writing such good lines for the MASIAHA.........
he really desirve every compliment and respect.............

Rajender Singh (Dec 22, 2002 10:33 a.m.):
dear sanjeev,thanks for this special post.in deed every jat is proud of choudhary charan singh.we all must thank god to do us for a favour by sending him in jat family.we are thankful to the greatmother who did us a favour by giving us such a visionory.we all are so indebeted the great soul that many many comming generations will remember him, the great jat the p. m.

sanjeev, do you have any idea about a book written on economics by choudharysahib and the firstbook by any indian which was published by that publishing house on this subject in london ,that could be penguin london or england .i want that book and even any other book about or by choudhary sahib.i am writing this because after all efforts till date i could lay my hand only on one book that is"charan singh selected speeches" kindly do respond

vinoddhaaka
December 31st, 2002, 12:02 PM
It is an interesting incident that happened in the native village of the writer of this real life story. The incident was narrated by old people who attended Chaudharys meeting in village in 1967.
A large crowd gathered in the village from adjoining areas to hear what their leader had to say. By this time Chaudheary had become a legendry leader due to various legislations initiated by him to ameliorate the conditions of peasents and farmers.
An old associate of Chaudhary Sahib who worked along with him during freedom struggle was getting ready to see his old friend ( Chaudhary Sahib ) since early morning. Known for his outspokenness the old friend of Charan Singh ji was locked inside a house by some people in the village so that he does not spoil the meeting by saying some thing unpleasent. But some naughty young men wanted to derive pleasure out of it and let the old man free. He rushed to the place of rally and started moving towards the stage to meet Chaudhary Charan Singh. A heavy bandonast of police was in place to handle such situations. The ring of police man surrounded this old man and tried to stop him. But they were finding it difficult to contain the old man. All this created commotion in the crowd and Chaudhary Charan Singh stopped his speech and saw the old man and immediately recognised him. Chaudhary Charan Singh said to policemen " JISKO ANGREJI HUKUMAT APNI PURI TAKAT LAGA KAR NAHI ROK SAKI USE TUM NAHI ROK SAKTE . ISKO STAGE PUR AANE DO " The old man was let off climbed the stage and sat by the side of Chaudhary sahib through out the proceedings.
The incident is just one such example in the life of Chaudhary Sahib. Sadly our community realised the greatness of this leader, essentially a prime ministerial material, scholar leader and taller than other jat leaders , after he had lived his life.
The writer had travelled in the interiors of Andhra Pradesh between 1995 to 1998 and found a very high level of awareness about Chadhary Chanran Singh and his works for farmers in the villages of AP. The fight for the political legacy of Chaudhary Sahib continues to this day.

sanjeev_khokher
January 6th, 2003, 12:24 PM
Ashok Bhai Sahab and respected All,

" Tewatia " ...Chaudhary Sahab ka Gotra hain...

Thanks

Ashok Kumar Dabas (Jan 05, 2003 08:23 p.m.):
Good point.
It looks like nobody cared about the surname of Ch. Charan Singh.

Could anybody please tell me the surname of respected Ch. Charan Singh ?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

akdabas
January 6th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Thank you very much Sanjeev.

vivek
January 11th, 2003, 11:59 AM
If anyone reads Chaudhary Charan Singh's Independence day Speech as a PM, he would realize what a great visionary he was. He spoke about the labor problems in India (which still need to be reformed), and the coming threat of nuclear threat from Pakistan. My father, who later became chief of Police in Maharastra was a senior diplomat during this time. An alliance with Israel was developed in late seventies when Chaudhari Charan Singh was the PM and plan to bomb Pakistan's nuclear facilities was put in place. Unfortunately, Indira Gandhi took over as PM, and quickly nixed any plans that were laid. We wouldn't have this threat from Pakistan, If Chaudhary Charan Singh was in Office for four more months. My father also recieved highest award from Israeli military given to a non citizen of Israel.