PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Battalion The Rajputana Rifles Celebrates Bushire Day

raj2rif
December 10th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Dear All,

2nd Battalion The Rajputana Rifles is one of the most distinguished battalion of Indian Army. The battalion won the first ever Victoria Cross awarded to Indian Army. It was on 9th and 10th December 1856 that the Battalion won this coveted gallentry award at the Battle of Bushire (Now in Iran).

Recently, the battalion won 4 MVC in the Kargil War.

In the 1947-48 War the battalion won 9 VrC apart from one MVC.

It is one of the highly decorated Infantry Battalion. The history is the testimony of the battaion's pride that it has never failed in Attack. Even in Kargil, it was the first battalion to be commended by then COAS.

The battalion has a rich history. It has also produced numerous sportsmen who have represented the Services and Nationals. Among the few Nationals, Hony Nb Sub Jagbir Singh(Marathon) and Sub Chand Ram (Waterpolo) are famous. The battalion has been the regimental champion since 1980 loosing only once the first spot in 1998 reunion.

I wish this battalion heartiest congratulations on this memorable day and always pray for their success in battle and well being of its soldiers and their families.

rajendersingh
December 10th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Dear Col Tavathia,
first of all kindly accept our heartiest conratulations on bushire day celebrations.we all on jatland wish the battalion very very best.we pray to almighty for best of times ahead for the 2nd raj rif.
we can visualise the excitment, as an ex unit officer and ex co of the unit you must be through today. indeed its a great day for the grat battalion.the unit is a classic exampleof healthy competition, as the unit composition is mixed ,the jats and rajputs.
personly for me its nostalgic occasion,as we served together in same brigade in jammu in late 80's as my unit was THE 1 SIKH LI WAS THERE AT MUTHI DAMANA.peronally the unit is close to my heart as my peronal friends like vijain are from the 2nd raj rif

ranjitjat
December 10th, 2002, 10:36 PM
Dear Col Virender singh ji
Many congratulations to you & your BAttalion 2nd RAJ RIF on bushire day. I have many friends & relative in RAJ RIF GROUP. MY MAMAJI HON CAPT- AMIRSINGH RAM has 32 years distingushed record with 2 RAJRIF. He has record to be in ARMY team at the age of 55 when he was Subedar Major. BRIG> HOSHIAR SINGH -SANKHOL was his CO- I visited the BN in DELHI CANTT RE-UNION & met BRIG Hoshiarsingh.
Wish all the ranks a bright future

raj2rif
December 11th, 2002, 03:04 AM
Dear Mr. Rajinder Singh
Thanks a lot for your congratulations on this day. Yes, I spoke to the Commanding Officer. The unit is located at Alwar and Major Vijayan is very much in the Battalion. In fact I conducted a Part D exam on behalf of our then Commanding Officer at your unit location in September 1987.

My email address is on this site. I am now located at Edison, NJ USA.

Rajender Singh (Dec 10, 2002 10:04 a.m.):
Dear Col Tavathia,
first of all kindly accept our heartiest conratulations on bushire day celebrations.we all on jatland wish the battalion very very best.we pray to almighty for best of times ahead for the 2nd raj rif.
we can visualise the excitment, as an ex unit officer and ex co of the unit you must be through today. indeed its a great day for the grat battalion.the unit is a classic exampleof healthy competition, as the unit composition is mixed ,the jats and rajputs.
personly for me its nostalgic occasion,as we served together in same brigade in jammu in late 80's as my unit was THE 1 SIKH LI WAS THERE AT MUTHI DAMANA.peronally the unit is close to my heart as my peronal friends like vijain are from the 2nd raj rif

raj2rif
December 11th, 2002, 03:08 AM
Dear Shri Dudee Ji,

Thanks for your good wishes.

Brigadier Hoshiyar Singh commanded the Battalion twice. in Mid and late 50's. I am proud to share the same board in the list of Commanding Officers displayed in the Battalion. We are all very proud of his gallantry in 1962 China War.

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Dec 10, 2002 12:06 p.m.):
Dear Col Virender singh ji
Many congratulations to you & your BAttalion 2nd RAJ RIF on bushire day. I have many friends & relative in RAJ RIF GROUP. MY MAMAJI HON CAPT- AMIRSINGH RAM has 32 years distingushed record with 2 RAJRIF. He has record to be in ARMY team at the age of 55 when he was Subedar Major. BRIG> HOSHIAR SINGH -SANKHOL was his CO- I visited the BN in DELHI CANTT RE-UNION & met BRIG Hoshiarsingh.
Wish all the ranks a bright future

ranjitjat
December 11th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Good news
THE IMA BEST CADET LT. DS PARIHAR WINNER OF THIS YEAR GOLD MEDAL & SWORD OF HONOUR AWARD-
OPETED SPECIAL FORCES- THE 2ND RAJRIF FOR FUTURE CAREER.

WE ALL WISH HIM & THE 2nd RAJRIF THE BEST OF LUCK
3CHEERS.