PDA

View Full Version : higher studies from leeds ,england

dpkdahiya
September 22nd, 2004, 01:20 PM
hi to everyone. if any one wants to know about highers studies from uk then i can be a key help. i am doin my ll.m from university of leeds,leeds england.

uday
September 22nd, 2004, 03:09 PM
Very Nice dahiya sahab.

Welcome to Jatland

sandeepk
September 23rd, 2004, 12:08 AM
hello mr. dahiya.
do u belong to sonipat and have u studied in shambudayal school. if yes then i certanily know u. just waiting for a reply from u.

psdahiya
October 9th, 2004, 04:03 PM
hi there,
can u let me know about the cost of education and living out there? i am an engineering graduate and am planning to do my Phd. abroad? how much of part time work is allowed?

vireshmor
October 22nd, 2004, 03:02 PM
hi deepak,

I am also studing at University of Bath, Bath doing M.Sc. Multimedia Technology. Any one intersted in how to apply and secure admission in my univeristy can mail me.
byee

Cheers!!!!

dahiya_deepak
November 7th, 2004, 12:47 PM
well certainly yes i have studied in shambu dayal scdhool at sonepat.and if u know me then thats great.
my cell number is 07821121015.
thanx

dahiya_deepak
November 7th, 2004, 01:06 PM
hi to all.

phd. education particularly in england could cost anything between 8000 pounds to 12000 pound depending on the university you select.

before selecting a university one should always look at the individual deptt. rating of a university rather then looking at over all rating of a particular university.

for example a university might be having a decent over all ranking of 5 but in deptt. of law(for example) it could have just 3 * rating.

therefore one should always pay attention towards individual deptt. rating of a university in which he is desirous of studying.

now about part time working as a student.

it is a saying in england that ......never trust a woman,whether and work in uk as they all can ditch you anytime.and this is indeed a truth here.

i am very harshly commenting on it that who so ever wants to work as a part timer should be prepared to do work of any type like cleaning job or cashier job or sales assistant or security and so on.call centre jobs are also avialable which are a bit highly paid but they will affect studies for sure as employer gives a target to complete which you need to complete if you want to sustain in that job.

do not expect yourself to get a job of your choice as a part timer.this is a harsh reality. and one will be paid a minimum of 4 pound 85 pence per hour as a part timer.

like, though i am a lawyer back in india but still i have not found any part time legal job or some what related job here in england.but i have not given up and i am still trying to get one.

minimum allowed hours to work are 20hrs a week but still many of the students are working up to 40 or even above 50hrs a week.

so please come prepared and lead a better life here.

if anybody wants any other information then i am always available to all jat brothers.

long live jats.

rajeshrathee
November 8th, 2004, 08:40 AM
give reply to my mail id

dahiya_deepak
November 11th, 2004, 10:14 PM
hi sandeep

were you in hindu vidya peeth,sonepat.

if yes then i got u boy.........i remember you.

okay

and do tell me where r u in england and what r u doing.

d dahiya

dadaharidasji
November 18th, 2004, 05:15 PM
hi to everyone. if any one wants to know about highers studies from uk then i can be a key help. i am doin my ll.m from university of leeds,leeds england.

Hi deepak!!!

Bro,im currently working with IBM,India and having 2+ yrs of IT exp.Want to pursue MBA.can u guide me regd the procedure and any other leads as to how should i start looking into for the same.

thanks a lot!!

Vikas Dabas

dahiya_deepak
November 20th, 2004, 07:34 PM
so bro, you wish to study m.b.a .

your positive side is that you got an experience of two years as it matters a lot here.

first of all you decide over the country.

like u.s or u.k.

after deciding country go for ranking of universities in that country.

and then find out educational counsellor(s) representing that university..... back in india ..........they will give you all insights of that university.

like www.britishhighereducation.com for u.k universities.

also ask embassy people or other sources about scholarships and try to get one.

you will also be in need to take english proficiency test (ielts or toefl).

web sites:- www.ielts.org and www.toefl.org

make it clear that you will be putting in lot of time and money.therefor be very sure about your future prospects after the course.

if you need to know anything else ..........donn hesitate to ask

bye

sandeepdahiya
December 13th, 2004, 07:56 PM
hi deepak,
howz life there? sandeep dahiya here,buddy.
i want to know regarding the MBA in england,i completed my B.Tech from tit&s
bhiwani, in textiles this year.
please guide from where i will do my MBA and what is procedure for it means which exams i have to clear.

help me buddy

sandeep dahiya

dr.vinod
December 16th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Hello Everybody,
At the outset allow me to introduce myself, I am a young scientist working as Research Associate Fellow of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Delhi and pursuing my work at the Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences (IHBAS), Delhi. I have been working on emotional intelligence for the last four years. I have authored a book "emotional intelligence:the indian scenario". In addition I have contributed some articles in journals too. My another book "Emotional intelligence:Theoretical and Cultural perspectives" is in pipeline. I am B.A., B.Ed., M.Ed., and Ph.D (on emotional intelligence).
Through this forum I would like to share mainly two points :-
1. I feel my previllage if I could do anything for my society (jat) or individual bhai.
2. What are my future perspectives.

In fact I have been invited to deliver a lecture on emotional intelligence at Holland, but they won't provide travelling and lodging. Kindly advice me any agency in India or abroad who could provide me help. Because I won't bear this expanse my own.
Hoping to receive reply soon.
with kind regards,
Sincerely
Vinod
91-11-22478815 (R)
91-11-22113395 (O)
vinodihbas@hotmail.com; dr_vinodshanwal@yahoo.co.in

dr.vinod
December 16th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Very good deepak,
you are doing welll. Keep the flag flying. U can also interact with me, if like.
Vinod
vinodihbas@hotmail.com; dr_vinodshanwal@yahoo.co.in

malik
December 19th, 2004, 03:17 PM

Hi Deepak

My son has BE (Computer science & Engineering ) from MACT Bhopal India.
How difficult or easy it is for him to do his masters from UK in terms of admission and finnaces. Can he work and study as a part time and can he sustain him self financialy.
Please inform

Dr. Malik Kps

dahiya_deepak
January 1st, 2005, 07:27 PM
respected dr. malik

doing masters from uk is not tough but u need to be focussed. regarding admissions...its quite easy u need to take an englich proficiency test (toefl or ielts).web sites www.toefl.org and www.ielts.org .after taking test u should aaproach education counsellors for uk(one of them is www.britishhighereducation.com).you can also british counsel for further information.

you can take our living expenses quite easily by doing part time jobs (i have written about it in one of my threads .plz refer)

life is mechanical here.so everything has to be done on time.this is the only requirement of this country.

fees will be approx.1000 to 15,000 pounds depending on the university u choose.

please feel free to ask anything else if required.

bye

dahiya_deepak
January 1st, 2005, 07:33 PM
respected dr. malik

the very first thing to do is finding an educational counsellor(s) representing the university ur son wish to study in..... back in india ..........they will give you all insights of that university.

like www.britishhighereducation.com for u.k universities.

also ask embassy people or other sources about scholarships and try to get one.

you will also be in need to take english proficiency test (ielts or toefl).

web sites:- www.ielts.org and www.toefl.org

make it clear that you will be putting in lot of time and money.therefor be very sure about future prospects after the course.

one can manage to take out his living expenses easily.thats not a problem.but life is mechanical here and you r really in need to be focussed.

if you need to know anything else ..........please donn hesitate to ask

my cell no. 00447841290464

bye.