PDA

View Full Version : Lamba Gotra

ravichaudhary
January 11th, 2003, 09:08 AM
The Lamba Gotra

The Lambas are Suryavanshi Jats. They are Luv - vanshis.

Lord RamChandraji, elder son was Luv, and this gotra started from him. The Vishnu Purana, 88-200. Shloka says

" Uttarkhosle Ranjanya Luvasya Cha Mahthman. Shravasti Lokhvikyatha".

Their capital was Shravatsthi,

This Luv established Luvpur or Lahore, and the Lampak Janpad or republic.

According to the Dhronparva 40 -22, in the Mahabharata, Abhimanyu killed their Raja BhradhaBal of the Surya Vanshi line.

One group of this notable clan took to trading and became part of the Khatri-s of Punjab.

In their Jats they are found in great numbers.

In the Jats they are known as Lamba.

This Lamba Vanshi (Clan- Gotra) Jats are found in great numbers in and around, Rajgardh, (Bikaner) Rajasthan, and they also have a few villages in the Jaipur area.

The Lamba Jats have a number of villages: -, In Muzzafarnagar, U.P., - Kabir Ka Nagla, in Bijnor, Bisaat, Ratanpur, Himpur, Babhdharpur, Sherkot, in Badhanyu Bangla, Aaghol, SuniyaKhera, and in Hissar, Daulatpur, in Rajasthan Gotdha near Chirawa, In Rohtak District Dharauli, In Bhiwani District, Bavanikhera, and in District Mahendragarh Bardha (Dhalanvas.). In Palwal District the village of Amarpur belongs to the Lamba Jats.

In the Delhi area the village of Kutubgarh belongs to the Lamba Jats.

The Great benefactor Sir Chajju ram of Alakhpur was also a Lamba Jat.

Subedar Rikschpal Ram Lamba of the Village of Bardha (Dhalanvas) displayed great valour in the Second World War and received martyrdom; He was awarded the Victoria Cross posthumously.

A brief account of that ids given below:

Ch. Rishpalram Lamba was born on 26th August 1899 in District Mahendragarh, in the village of Bardha (Dhalanvas). His father was Ch. Mohar Singh. He enlisted in the Rajputana Rifles on 26th August 1920.

His Battalion was sent to Libya in WW II. He was then a Subedar.

In the Tobruk Sector of Libya, at the battlefield of Keren Ridge there was a heavy concentration of German Troops.

On 7th February 1941, his Company was ordered to attack at Keren. On the night of February 7, he attacked the enemy.

At that time he was the Company Commander, and he was advancing with the leading platoon.

Ignoring the heavy bombardment of the enemy, he took his platoon and attacked an enemy position and after hand to hand warfare won the enemy position.

He was separated from his platoon and company, but despite that, that night, he repelled six attacks by the enemy. His Jawans (troops) had finished their bullets and were surrounded by the enemy.

He encouraged and maintained the morale of his troops, and they broke through the ranks of the enemy and returned to the safety of their own supporting troops.
On February 12, 1941, Subedar Rikschpal Ram took his company and again attacked the enemy on the same positions.

The enemy attacked heavily with much artillery.

He encouraged his troops and kept advancing.

When he reached the enemy position his right leg was blown off by enemy fire.

He also suffered many direct bullet injuries.

In the end he suffered Martyrdom.

In the battlefield the Heroic warrior, ignored his serious wounds, and kept encouraging his troops to keep attacking the enemy.

His last words were " We will take the enemy position".

For this exceptional act of heroism, Viceroy Lord Lilithglow, on behalf of the British Government, by his own hands, presented the " Victoria Cross" to the Widow of Subedar Rikschpal Ram, Janki- bai.

At that time the village of Bardha was in the state of Patiala. The maharaja of Patiala awarded 500 Bighas (100 acres) of land to the son of the hero.

Not only the Jats but also the entire Indian Armed Forces and all Indians are proud of this warrior

Source:

Ram Swaroop Joon History of the Jats

Dilip S Ahlawat- Jat Viron Ka Ithihaas.

For a direct link with a photo of this Vir shaheed - click on Url below

http://faculty.winthrop.edu/haynese/india/medals/VC/2RRam.html

More material is undoubtedly available in the Bhats who we have hitherto been ignoring as a valuable source of our historical tradition.

I will encourage all Jats to obtain the information and post it , before it is lost forever

Ravi Chaudhary

ranjitjat
January 12th, 2003, 10:27 PM
RAVI JI
GREAT INFORMATION ABOUT SUBEDAR RICHPAL RAM LAMBA.
HE WAS AWARDED VICTORIA CROSS TWICE & 3 WAR AWARDS. THE ONLY INDIAN- JAT TO GET THIS HONOUR.
I KNOW HIS FAMILY VERY WELL & SPEND LOTs OF TIME THERE.
THE VILLAGE NAME IS BARADA ON SATNALI -MAHENDERGARH ROAD VERY CLOSE TO RAJSTHAN BORDER.
I SPENT 2 MONTHS IN DALANWAS- BARADA- MADHO GARH- JAT PUR- KUHADWAS- JHARODA
TO COLLECT ARMY DATA.
I ALSO INTERVIEW SERVICE MEN- EX SERVICE MEN- INA- 1st- 2nd WORLD WAR VETRANS.
EVERY HOUSE HAS 1 TO 3 SERVICE MEN & EX-SERVICEMEN EVEN TODAY IN ARMY. I HAVE MANY FRIENDS & RELATIVES IN THESE VILLAGES. THE DAUGHTER OF SUBEDAR RICHPAL RAM IS MARRIED IN A VILLAGE CHANDANI-DADRI-BHIWANI. I KNOW HER IN-LAWS FHOJI FAMILY & VISITED HER FEW TIMES.
LONG LIVE THE NAME OF SUBEDAR RICHPAL RAM & BARADA - DALANWAS VILLAGES

ravichaudhary
January 13th, 2003, 03:07 AM
Dudhee Sahib,

I have also posted your reply in the Yahoo Group Jat History site.

As you know that group is open to Non jats too, and I do think it is important that we get the message out.

"Jangal me mor nancha, kise ne na dekha".

Your book must be given maximum publicity,

I look forward to getting your Book.

Col. Lamba telephoned Mr Malik. His wife advised that they had a call from Col. Lamba , but they did not connect.

He is leaving for Toronto this Sunday. If possible please have them connect.

I do look forward to studying it, and I look forward also to the sequel

Best regards

Ravi

Your comments on S Rikschpal ram Lamba have been posted.

I have also added:

I am on behalf of Dharampal Singh Dudhee Sahib, posting his message.

He is also the author of " From France to Kargil " a book on the
history of the Jats in these wars.

The book is available from him for Rs 250 approx US $ 5.00.
He may be contacted at

ranjitjat@talk21.com

Ravi

anurag
January 13th, 2003, 03:38 AM
Dudee Uncle,

As far as Victoria Cross is concerned, my great-grand father Risaldar Badlu Singh was also awarded the Victoria Cross in the WW 1.

Details of the same are here:
http://faculty.winthrop.edu/haynese/india/medals/vc/1BSingh.html

Also I could not find any information which said that Sub. Richpal Ram ji was awarded the Victoria Cross twice. The citation of Sub. Richpal Ram ji can be found at:
http://faculty.winthrop.edu/haynese/india/medals/vc/2RRam.html

Till date in the history, only three people have won the Victoria Cross twice. Details are on:
http://www.chapter-one.com/vc/unusual.asp

-Anurag

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Jan 12, 2003 11:57 a.m.):
RAVI JI
GREAT INFORMATION ABOUT SUBEDAR RICHPAL RAM LAMBA.
HE WAS AWARDED VICTORIA CROSS TWICE & 3 WAR AWARDS. THE ONLY INDIAN- JAT TO GET THIS HONOUR.
I KNOW HIS FAMILY VERY WELL & SPEND LOTs OF TIME THERE.
THE VILLAGE NAME IS BARADA ON SATNALI -MAHENDERGARH ROAD VERY CLOSE TO RAJSTHAN BORDER.
I SPENT 2 MONTHS IN DALANWAS- BARADA- MADHO GARH- JAT PUR- KUHADWAS- JHARODA
TO COLLECT ARMY DATA.
I ALSO INTERVIEW SERVICE MEN- EX SERVICE MEN- INA- 1st- 2nd WORLD WAR VETRANS.
EVERY HOUSE HAS 1 TO 3 SERVICE MEN & EX-SERVICEMEN EVEN TODAY IN ARMY. I HAVE MANY FRIENDS & RELATIVES IN THESE VILLAGES. THE DAUGHTER OF SUBEDAR RICHPAL RAM IS MARRIED IN A VILLAGE CHANDANI-DADRI-BHIWANI. I KNOW HER IN-LAWS FHOJI FAMILY & VISITED HER FEW TIMES.
LONG LIVE THE NAME OF SUBEDAR RICHPAL RAM & BARADA - DALANWAS VILLAGES

ranjitjat
January 13th, 2003, 04:36 AM
Dear ANURAG
I know that - that is in my book also
BUT RISALDAR BADLU SINGH IS FROM VILLAGE DHAKLA- GOTRA DHANKHAR.
You are from CHIMANI- May be your NANAJI.
Nice to know that- I have relative in DHAKALA VILLAGE ALSO. ONE TIME COL -SURI got that medal now in museum.
This is frist VC WON BY A JAT IN 1st WORLD WAR. I will write full story.

ranjitjat
January 13th, 2003, 04:56 AM
ANURAG.
I read in BRITISH MUSEUM 2 twice VC from 6 to 11 feb 1941.
This site is only new.
I will get more proof from ARMY RECORD- MUSEUM SOON.

anurag
January 13th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Dudee Uncle,

I got just this much info on web. I would welcome if you can get the citations of all the Jat VCs. I am very interested in the war histories.

-Anurag

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Jan 12, 2003 06:26 p.m.):
ANURAG.
I read in BRITISH MUSEUM 2 twice VC from 6 to 11 feb 1941.
This site is only new.
I will get more proof from ARMY RECORD- MUSEUM SOON.