PDA

View Full Version : Diwali Celebrations AJA NE Chapter 2004

raj2rif
October 23rd, 2004, 09:10 AM
DIWALI FESTIVAL CELEBRATION
13th November 2004

Respected elders, Dear friends, and Loving children;

It is time once again for the JAT community in the U.S. to get together and celebrate the festival of lights “Deepawali”, which signifies the homecoming of Lord Rama after fourteen years of exile. Diwali is also considered the incoming of Lakshmi, the goddess that brings in prosperity.
The executive committee of AJA (North-East Chapter) is delighted to announce that the Diwali Festival will be celebrated on Saturday, 13th Nov. 2004 at Edison First Aid Squad Hall (please see the enclosed directions.) New Jersey.
The schedule of events will be as follows:

6:00 – 7:00pm Snacks & Informal chitchat
7:00 – 7:30pm Laxmi Puja and Aarti
7:30 - 9:00pm Cultural program
9:00 -10:00pm Dinner

Please Note That
 Dues will be collected at the door: $55/family, $45/couple and $25/single person. Members are requested to take advantage by paying in advance as under: $ 45/Family, $ 35/Couple & $ 20/Single person. Advanced payments can be sent by check in favor of AJA to Virendra Tavathia by November 05, 2004.
 We will be conducting a competition to select Mr Jat 2004 and Miss Jat 2004. The winner will be awarded with some gift certificates on the basis of several criteria such as: Dress Code, Brief Introduction, Answer to one Question, Perform one activity and a surprise factor that will be disclosed at the time of the event. All prospective candidates must contact Sanjay Roperia or Sandeep Varma by Nov 5th2004 so that we can plan effectively to organize this event.
 Food is being catered. However, please feel free to bring any food items especially sweets of your choice to share with other members.
 Members coming from far away places should contact a committee member for Overnight stay arrangements.
 Everyone is encouraged to participate in the cultural program; enthusiastic participation from the youth side will be appreciated. For details, please contact any committee member.
 Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.

To those friends who are unable to join us for Diwali festival, we extend our best wishes for New Year 2005 and a very Happy Diwali.

In emergency contact 732-689-4356

848 New Dover Road, Edison New Jersey
(908) 549-3883

From Garden State Parkway
Take exit 131 (Rt. 27 Exit) of Garden State Parkway. At the end of ramp make right on route 27. Follow Rt. 27 for ¼ of mile. At first traffic light (It is second traffic light if you are coming from Northbound) make right turn. After the turn you will be on Wood Av. Go through one traffic light. Make left turn at 2nd traffic light and you will be on Dover Road. Follow New Dover Rd about one Mile. You will see James Madison School on the right. First Aid Squad Building is immediately after the school on the right. There is a big parking lot behind the building.

From New Jersey Turnpike
Take exit 11 of New Jersey Turnpike. After the exit take Garden State Parkway North. Do not take exit 131-a or 131-b of Garden Parkway. Take exit 131 and then follow the direction above.

From Route 1
Take Garden State Parkway North. Do not take exit 131-a or 131-b of Garden Parkway. Take exit 131 and then follow the direction above.

From Route 287
Take Route 1 North. Then Follow the direct (From Route 1) above

raj2rif
October 30th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Dear All,

The Diwali Celebrations of NE Chapter is open to all Jats living any where in the world. If you happen to be in the area of New Jersey or New York City, it is with in your reach to attend it.

Kindly do let me know ASAP if you are attending it. This will certainly help us in organizing it better.

We do need your input on this issue. Kindly respond ASAP.

danarambeerda
November 1st, 2004, 06:34 PM
Col. Sahab VISA & AIRLINE TICKET bhej do, jarur se aunga....ha ha ha

best regards & happy Dipawali in advance.

Danaram

haritta
November 4th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Hi Col. Virendar
Congratulations to aja north east chapter for keeping the tradtion of diwali celebration for atleast last 17years that i know of. I would have loved to come but this time i will be out of the country. Wish u all a happy diwali and hope ur programme is a great sucess.

raj2rif
November 5th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Dear Baljit Bhai Sahab and Danaram Ji,

Thanks a lot for your good wishes for Diwali Celebration which we as a NE Jat Community heartily reciprocate.

ratananmol
November 6th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Best wishes to organisers.
I was wondering whether rides are being offered for ppl from DC area to visit and attend.
anmol.

raj2rif
November 7th, 2004, 03:54 AM
Dear Mr. Anmol,

Very nice idea about arranging the ride. That will also show to all of us how close the community is in DC area. I am pretty sure with some hard work you can do this for us. Please make a team and let us know how many of you are coming to attend. People from NY and PA area do pool transport. It makes their trip wonderful.

We look forward seeing you on November 13th.

ratananmol
November 7th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Dear Friends:
those who want rides and those willing to provide rides can email me at aratan@umd.edu or call me at 301-935-2525.
at some point it will be a simple matching problem.
Although i would like to be there, it may not be the case if i have pressing assignments at school.Still would be willing to coordinate rides,
Best
anmol.

raj2rif
November 8th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Dear Mr. Mahlee,

Keep in touch. The Jats associations are almost in each part of US. There is an association in CA and Chicago areas. We are trying to update the address list of the entire Jat Community in US. Kindly email your address, personal/most preferred email and contact # to me at veerutav@optonline.net