PDA

View Full Version : Linguistic affinity between Jat Gotras and West Asian Tribes.

urmiladuhan
January 13th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Source: Aryan Tribes and The Rigveda by B.S Dahiya (I.R.S)

It is commonly accepted that the speakers of the Indo-European languages were living at some pre historic period in adjoining area, if not in the same land. This book by the author attempts to co relate the people who spoke and still speak the group of languages.

Some correlations that i found in the book are:

1. Hari tribe in Jats comes from Hari tribe (Harrians) in West Asia.

2. Kashu tribe was present south east of Harrians and represent Kasuan tribe in Jats.

3. From Umman- Mandas tribe was present North of Hurrians, comes the Gotra Man/Mand in Jats.

4. Kask tribe (present North east of Hurrians) gives name to Kaskar tribe.

Other parallels that have been drawn are:

Tribal name Gill is retained (Aryan name) in the same form in India but it becomes Gillian in Iran and Gilli in Central Asia.

Puni tribe from Central Asia has become Puniya in India, just as West asian tribe Dahi has become Dahiya.

Kadian tribe name comes from the majestic and very powerful tribe in east asia- the Akadians (it is well known that the initial letter'A' is prosthetic aleph, which is added to make pronounciation easier). On similar grounds, Amor tribe of west asia is the Mor tribe still found among Jats as well as Rapad tribe in Jats ( comes from Arpad) and Apishal tribe has become Bisala tribe of today.

akdabas
January 14th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Interesting and informative facts !!

lrburdak
February 18th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Urmila ji
Jats had ruled over very large area in the world.Some of ruling families of those times must have been left over there. With the passing of time some modifications might have taken place. We have to correlate between the similarity of gotras or names. This can be an interesting study.
My gotra is Burdak. I searched Burdak on internet. It was interesting to find that large no. of people are there with burdak surname in various countries. Burdak in indian languages has no meaning. your studies can help to a great extent.
L.R.burdak

urmiladuhan
February 19th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Burdak jee,
I think linguistic affinity between different tribes is a valuable tool in historical studies and i find philological studies interesting. Shortly, i will post on the Roma language and its similarity with Sanskrit/Hindi. I know Ravi Choudhary will have much to elaborate/critique. I hope you will find it interesting too.

urmiladuhan
February 19th, 2003, 02:03 AM
[quote]Urmila Duhan (Feb 18, 2003 02:20 p.m.):
Burdak jee,
I think linguistic affinity between different tribes is a valuable tool in historical studies and i find philological studies interesting. Shortly, i will post on the Roma language and its similarity with Sanskrit/Hindi. I know Ravi Choudhary will have much to elaborate/critique. I hope you will find it interesting too. As you may already know, Romani people are of Indian origin who migrated out North Western Part (Rajasthan, Punjab and in between) of India around 10th century AD. These days they can be found all over Europe and in America. Ironically, they did not know where they were from until maybe 2 centuries back when linguistic affinity between Roma language and Hindi/Sanskrit was discovered. These people have led a persecuted life for most part because they were "different" in their language and culture from the Europeans and to top it all, they were Gypsies. Moreover, they lacked opportunities for education where ever they went and therefore they found themselves with no written history. Holocaust was as bad for Roma's as it was for Jews. Although Romas are spread out all over Europe, their language still retains words that are common between different Roma groups and with Hindi/Sanskrit.
People have speculated on their need to move out of India
1000 years back, and some think it was because they feared Muslim invaders. But these are only speculations. No one really knows why.

yvsgaawar
February 19th, 2003, 07:49 PM
Urmila ji,
Do post Roma language details. It would be an interesting topic. I am eager to know more about Romanian Gypsies.

lrburdak
February 20th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Urmila ji
Thank you for valuable information. Waiting for further information on Roma language.Definitely language of group of people and their customs will through light on similarity.We can derive important conclusions after indepth study.
L.R.Burdak

ravichaudhary
February 23rd, 2003, 07:25 AM
B S Dahaiya's book is a phenomical book.

When the history of of history of the Jats is writtem a few will stand out, like constellaions in the sky,

the mane to be honoured will be

Thakur Desraj, the pioneer in 1934
Hukam Singh Pauria ( 1993)

Capt Dilip Singh Ahlawat ( 1988)
Bal Kishen DaBAS ( 2000)

and lastly, but most certainly not the least B S Dahiya

Regretably many fools get doctorates, and write Dr professor after their names, titles they no not desrve for they have done no original research

The above authors have done original research, and i honour them for that.

I was unaware of Dahiya Sahibs book Rig Veda and Aryans until a few weeks ago, when Urmilla brought it to my attention on this site.

It is an eye opener.

his two books are available for a ridiculous rs 200, for us NRI's, for us Indians still too high.

Every jat houshold should have one.

Ravi

ravichaudhary
March 14th, 2003, 03:42 AM
Urmila Duhan (Jan 13, 2003 12:15 a.m.):
Source: Aryan Tribes and The Rigveda by B.S Dahiya (I.R.S)

It is commonly accepted that the speakers of the Indo-European languages were living at some pre historic period in adjoining area, if not in the same land. This book by the author attempts to co relate the people who spoke and still speak the group of languages.

Some correlations that i found in the book are:

1. Hari tribe in Jats comes from Hari tribe (Harrians) in West Asia.

2. Kashu tribe was present south east of Harrians and represent Kasuan tribe in Jats.

3. From Umman- Mandas tribe was present North of Hurrians, comes the Gotra Man/Mand in Jats.

4. Kask tribe (present North east of Hurrians) gives name to Kaskar tribe.

Other parallels that have been drawn are:

Tribal name Gill is retained (Aryan name) in the same form in India but it becomes Gillian in Iran and Gilli in Central Asia.

Puni tribe from Central Asia has become Puniya in India, just as West asian tribe Dahi has become Dahiya.

Kadian tribe name comes from the majestic and very powerful tribe in east asia- the Akadians (it is well known that the initial letter'A' is prosthetic aleph, which is added to make pronounciation easier). On similar grounds, Amor tribe of west asia is the Mor tribe still found among Jats as well as Rapad tribe in Jats ( comes from Arpad) and Apishal tribe has become Bisala tribe of today.

Historians have long linked the jats with the Guti of Sumeria.
Here is an article, a talk given by Professor Izady at Harvard in

One obvious error which has crept into all history books is that of the " MEDES". These are actually phonetically known as Mands, not Medes. They are the Mand Jats, and they established the Manda Empire. Later some historians made a phonological mistake., and used the trem Mede. The term – `unbending as the Meds' – the law of the Medes, the firmness of the Medes , were sayings that crept into
classical literature and History.

These Medes / Mands were found also
in the Sind/ Indus Valley, and are attested by the early records of that era- See for example Elliot and Dowson- History of Indian as told by its Historians' where the term is used interchangeably.

Of interest- the powerful Jat Clan Gotra " BALIYAN' is found in Kurdistan among the Kurds. This Gotra is traced to the Bals of Vallbhipur./ Ballaphipur in Gujarat ( 4/th 5th century AD) Readers will also recognize other Jat Gotras in the article: Mann, Bain, Subar,
See also messages # 4 - Baliyan Clan, and # 24- Somnath Inscription

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JatHistory/

For the full Article see

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JatHistory/files/

File : Jats,Guti, Sumeria

Ravi Chaudhary