PDA

View Full Version : Some ACTION Please

haryanvi
November 2nd, 2004, 09:53 AM
Hello All,

I am a new member and had been going thru some threads in current affairs, general talk etc. First of all let me apologise beforehand if any of my contents is perceived to be offensive or derogatory in anyway. I didn't want to write anything but am unwillingly doing so. I could make out from the profile of some members as well as posts from many members that many members on this site are not only well-educated but well settled as well (in India or overseas). Another good thing that I could make out was that almost everybody on the site is concerned about jats, development of jats, social evils prevailing in the community (refer Sonia case in Jhajjar Dist) and there is a lot of debate about al this but no concrete solution or action (Typical Indian behaviour). There are many comments - we SHOULD be doing this; They SHOULD be doing this; The Govt SHOULD be doing this; etc.

To cut the long story short, I persuade the members to come forward with definitive actions (NOT SUGGESTIONS). If you really want to do something for the community back in INDIA or wherever you are, DO IT (don't only suggest). Your actions are required more in our villages than where you live. You have carved a niche for yourself (not only because you are intelligent but also because you got the OPPORTUNITY). Now that you are in a position to help others take some time out of your busy schedules when you are in INDIA and help the under-privileged. I won't be suggesting how you SHOULD do it. I am giving an idea of how I AM GOING to DO IT. But before that let me tell you a bit about myself. I am a JAT BHAI as well. I belong to Haryana (needless to say I am proud of being a Haryanvi and a JAT). I don't live in INDIA but my heart is in INDIA (same as for most of you) and our villages. I am not an IT professional or a senior executive. I come from a middle class family and am trying to earn as much money as possible (so that I can pursue my dreams not only materialistic but spiritual as well as philanthropic). Now I am giving you an idea of what I plan to do in my next visit to India:
1. I WILL start a scholarship (not much Rs25,000) for girls in my village so that they can pursue higher studies after school (just a blueprint details not given).
2. I WILL start a library as well as coaching centre in my village whereby students from my village as well neighbouring vllages can come and prepare for competitive exams.
3. I WILL put up some computers in the same library so that the vilage youth can have an idea about the computers and learn something from them.
4. I WILL spend as much time as possible with the college going youth in my village and instill CONFIDENCE in themselves, encourage them to REALISE their potential.
5. I WILL not distance myself from them (as I live overseas or otherwise) but I WILL show them they CAN also achieve what others CAN.

Some members are doing very good job. Respected Dr Balbir Singh Ji is one among them (I am sorry everybody's name can't be mentioned). My sincerest REGARDS to him and request to keep it up.

So friends, it's high time to do something. Do inspire others and create an EXAMPLE. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get any replies to this email. WE CAN'T SOLVE INDIA'S PROBLEMS INDIVIDUALLY BUT DEFINITELY WE EDUCATED YOUTH CAN CREATE A DIFFERENCE BY EDUCATING OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN OUR VILLAGES.

JAIHIND

scsheorayan
November 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM
Good thinking Bharat.

Not every one may be as enthusiastic as yourself. I am sure there are a lot of members on this site who are doing their share of community work. Wish you success in your endevours and keep us all posted about the progress. It may inspire others to follow you. Even thinking about helping others brings out the better side of you. Those fortunate enough to be in a position to help are few and there is always time for healthy discussion.

Good luck and don't be surprised to receive more responses on this popular topic.

uday
November 2nd, 2004, 07:29 PM
Good intention, pls. keep it up