PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to late col.Hoshiar singh PVC &martyrs

ranjitjat
January 26th, 2002, 09:05 PM
congratulation &greetings to all indian and members on Indian republic day 26-01-2002
tribute to col.hoshiarsingh &all Indian martyrs.All of you know that he was the first indian &jat awarded highest honour of Paramvir chakra alive.This is matter of pride &honour to all jats and Indian.
Col.Hoshiarsingh was born in 1932 at village Sisana head village of Dahiya khap dist Sonipat.He was student of Jat college rohtak done his BA DEGREE FROM PUNJAB UNIVERSITY.HE JOINED THE INDIAN ARMY AS A CADET &PARMOTED TO THE RANK OF MAJOR IN GARNEDER REGIMENT.HIS UNIT WAS POSTED TO SAYALKOT SECTOR IN 1971 WAR WITH PAKISTAN FROM 5DECEMBER TO 17 DEC.THE GRANEDER REGIMENT UNIT WENT 20 MILES IN SIDE PAKISTAN AND CAPTURED VILLAGE JHADPHAL UNDER HIS COMMAND.THE PAK ARMY TRY MANY TIMETO REGAIN CONTROL FROM 14DEC TO 16 DEC BUT 120 JAT JAWANS STOOD LIKE A ROCK WITH HIM UNTIL LAST.THE WAR WAS WON WITH HEAVY LOSS OF LIFE.THE TRICOLOUR FLAG OF INDIA WAS FLYING ON JHARPHAL VILLAGE ON 17 DECEMBER.THE WORLD PRESS WROTE THE STORY,HOW 120 BRAVE JATS FOUGHT WITH 40 PAK TANKS.MAJOR HOSHIAR SINGH WAS AWARDED PVC FOR THIS HEROIC DEEDS
I AM VERY GRATEFUL TO MAJOR HOSHIAR SINGH &HIS FAMILY THAT HE INVITED ME FROM LONDON FOR THIS GREAT HISTORIC EVENT.IWAS HIS VIP GUEST 0N 26JANUARY 1973 AT DELHI CANTT.I WENT WITH HIM TO PRESIDENT PALACE,REDFORD &VIJAY CHOK FIRST PVC PARADE CEREMONY.HE TOLD ME FULL STORY OF THE WAR &HOW HE WON THE PVC.NOW IN MY BOOK FRANCE TO KARGIL.
COL .HOSHIAR SINGH WROTE TWO MESSAGES IN MY DIARY FOR THE YOUTH &FUTURE GENERATIONS.
"SIMPLE LIVING &HIGH THINKING SHOULD BE YOUR MOTTO OF LIFE"
"ALWAYS REMEMBER THE MARTYRS&SAHEED OF INDIA" WITH LOVE
DAHIYAKHAP HAVE MANY BADHASAHA&RAJA
I SALUTE THE THREE REAL ALL TIME HEROES
NO2 is MAJOR-GENERAL BUDHSINGH MC
NO3 FHOJI KAVI-POET MEHARSINGH VARUNA
INA HERO JAIHIND

amitdahiya
January 27th, 2002, 11:59 AM
[quote]Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Jan 26, 2002 10:35 a.m.):
Respected Dharampal Singhji I was touched by your stirring tribute to Col Hoshiar Singhji. I am in the process of starting a small development promotion project with a tiny office in Delhi. The project is called Jatforce- Green circle. I am offering you a small poem that I wrote to mark the transitionand and which I am posting on the general discussion page of this web site

regards Amit Dahiyabadshah village Kakroi, distt Sonepat.

ranjitjat
February 4th, 2002, 06:51 PM
DEAR AMIT
THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS.I AM ONLY DOING MY DUTY TO MARTYRS&SAHEEDS BY PAYING TRIBUTE TO HERO LIKE COL. HOSHIAR SINGH.
JAIHIND

ranjitjat
February 4th, 2002, 06:52 PM
DEAR AMIT
THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS.I AM ONLY DOING MY DUTY TO MARTYRS&SAHEEDS BY PAYING TRIBUTE TO HERO LIKE COL. HOSHIAR SINGH.
JAIHIND

ranjitjat
January 18th, 2003, 06:18 PM
This show how much sincere we are in jat history & paying tribute to martyrs with due respect.
1 year entry score
final score
Dudee 4
Dahiya 1

Only 55 people read it.
877 members ignored- comfused & happy
Who care lot ?
cheers

biotechs2001
January 18th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Respected Dudee ji,
this was excellent information for jatland memebers about our great Jat heroes. Please keep writing about other jat heroes also. I am keenly waiting when you will write about FHAUJI KAVI-POET MEHARSINGH
INA HERO.

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Jan 26, 2002 10:35 a.m.):
congratulation &greetings to all indian and members on Indian republic day 26-01-2002
tribute to col.hoshiarsingh &all Indian martyrs.All of you know that he was the first indian &jat awarded highest honour of Paramvir chakra alive.This is matter of pride &honour to all jats and Indian.
Col.Hoshiarsingh was born in 1932 at village Sisana head village of Dahiya khap dist Sonipat.He was student of Jat college rohtak done his BA DEGREE FROM PUNJAB UNIVERSITY.HE JOINED THE INDIAN ARMY AS A CADET &PARMOTED TO THE RANK OF MAJOR IN GARNEDER REGIMENT.HIS UNIT WAS POSTED TO SAYALKOT SECTOR IN 1971 WAR WITH PAKISTAN FROM 5DECEMBER TO 17 DEC.THE GRANEDER REGIMENT UNIT WENT 20 MILES IN SIDE PAKISTAN AND CAPTURED VILLAGE JHADPHAL UNDER HIS COMMAND.THE PAK ARMY TRY MANY TIMETO REGAIN CONTROL FROM 14DEC TO 16 DEC BUT 120 JAT JAWANS STOOD LIKE A ROCK WITH HIM UNTIL LAST.THE WAR WAS WON WITH HEAVY LOSS OF LIFE.THE TRICOLOUR FLAG OF INDIA WAS FLYING ON JHARPHAL VILLAGE ON 17 DECEMBER.THE WORLD PRESS WROTE THE STORY,HOW 120 BRAVE JATS FOUGHT WITH 40 PAK TANKS.MAJOR HOSHIAR SINGH WAS AWARDED PVC FOR THIS HEROIC DEEDS
I AM VERY GRATEFUL TO MAJOR HOSHIAR SINGH &HIS FAMILY THAT HE INVITED ME FROM LONDON FOR THIS GREAT HISTORIC EVENT.IWAS HIS VIP GUEST 0N 26JANUARY 1973 AT DELHI CANTT.I WENT WITH HIM TO PRESIDENT PALACE,REDFORD &VIJAY CHOK FIRST PVC PARADE CEREMONY.HE TOLD ME FULL STORY OF THE WAR &HOW HE WON THE PVC.NOW IN MY BOOK FRANCE TO KARGIL.
COL .HOSHIAR SINGH WROTE TWO MESSAGES IN MY DIARY FOR THE YOUTH &FUTURE GENERATIONS.
"SIMPLE LIVING &HIGH THINKING SHOULD BE YOUR MOTTO OF LIFE"
"ALWAYS REMEMBER THE MARTYRS&SAHEED OF INDIA" WITH LOVE
DAHIYAKHAP HAVE MANY BADHASAHA&RAJA
I SALUTE THE THREE REAL ALL TIME HEROES
NO2 is MAJOR-GENERAL BUDHSINGH MC
NO3 FHOJI KAVI-POET MEHARSINGH VARUNA
INA HERO JAIHIND

anurag
January 19th, 2003, 01:57 AM
Dear Dudee Uncle,

I have a comment on this. Sicerety cannot just be made out by the number of responses by members to a particular topic. It depends on people's likings for a particular subject, topic, so on and so forth.

Some people love history and some donot. There might be many who are just interested in humour, or just interested in discussing about the issues facing the jat community. So personally I feel that everyone on this website is contributing in one way or the other and hence showing sincerity.

There might be another set of people who do not feel comfortable in responding to topics or giving their view points, but are keen readers of the threads out here. I won't call them insincere because they are contributing by becoming the audience.

So i think forcefully asking people to respond to the topics or giving special attention to a few set of topics is not in the good of overall freedom of expression of people out here.

Just some thoughts.

regards
Anurag

Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Jan 18, 2003 07:48 a.m.):
This show how much sincere we are in jat history & paying tribute to martyrs with due respect.
1 year entry score
final score
Dudee 4
Dahiya 1

Only 55 people read it.
877 members ignored- comfused & happy
Who care lot ?
cheers

ranjitjat
January 19th, 2003, 05:49 AM
DEAR ANURAG
THANK
We are not forcing any one
feel free.
There are more sleeping members. now 2 member 13 guest all sincere- if so why they hide the true ID.

mbamal
February 23rd, 2004, 05:42 AM
Dudee uncle,

Thanks for sharing the story of Brave Maj Hoshiar Singh, I am truely impressed by his valour and the courage he showed in face of danger and heavy odds stacked against him. I tried to look on the internet to read the complete incident. I eventually found it and it really filled me with immense pride that India is protected by such brave soldiers. I salute the brave jat soldiers of India.

Thanks again for informing us!

ravichaudhary
February 23rd, 2004, 08:27 PM
[quote]Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Jan 26, 2002 10:35 a.m.):
congratulation &greetings

What you need is a full account of the battle of Jharpal.

Col Hayde wrote an excellent account of the Battle of Dograi. I have a copy

Amit instead of a small poem,( by all means do that) why do you not encourage some Professor, or Journalist with writing skills, to interview Col Hoshiar Singh, and the surviving members, and access army reciords to write a full history of the battle.

as a start a full length article, and build it into a book.

It will also make an excellent movie too .

Ravi

sanjeevmalik
February 23rd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Dear Dharmpal Singh Dudee ji,

I am impressed by the valor of every jat and non jat working for the security of our country on the Indian border(air/land/water/intellectual) with their life at stake. My father served the Indian Army for about 20 years. I feel proud of him and the Indian Army, who has helped me directly or indirectly to reach, where I am today.

I feel proud of Col. Hoshiyar Singh and also want to congratulate him (though late) on his achievement. At the same time I also want to thank every other jat who staked their life for the security of India.

My sincere salute to every Jat/Non Jat, who have worked for our security and are working in present and will be working in future.

Thanks.

ravichaudhary
February 23rd, 2004, 08:42 PM
[quote]Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Jan 18, 2003 07:48 a.m.):

DudheeJi

I would not get worked up about it.

Most membesr are not aware or exposed to that aspect of their culture . They are too concerned with the ordinary day to day probems, survival, foood, family crisis etc.

Many who are interested, tell me they enjoy
it, and are very grateful that you an dothers are posting this informatoion.

They do not have any comment, because thye to not have ( at least yet) , enough basic knowledge to comment.

All I can suggest, is that do continue to good work, and preserve our history for future generations.

They do appreciate it.

Ravi

jagmohan
February 24th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Dear All,

Please read below a small tribute to Late Col Hoshiyar Singh, PVC.

Colonel Hoshiar Singh, son of Choudhary Hira Singh, was born on 05 May 1936 in village Sisana, District Sonipat, Haryana. Sisana is a big village on Rohtak - Sonipat road, about 25 km from Sonipat. This Jat dominated village has produced more than 250 soldiers for the Indian Army. His father was a respectable farmer and his mother Smt. Mathuri Devi, a kind-heated housewife. Col Hoshiar Singh got married to Smt Dhanno when he was still studying in the 7th class. This illustrious couple has three sons.

After his schooling and one year's study at the Jat College, Rohtak, he joined the Indian Army as a soldier.

He was commissioned as an officer in the Grenadiers Regiment on 30 June 1963. His first assignment as an officer was in NEFA. In the 1965 Indo-Pak war, he saw some action in the Rajasthan sector. In the Indo-Pak war of 1971, he was awarded the Param Vir Chakra on 17 December, 1971. Sh. Hoshiar was promoted to the rank of Colonel before he retired from the Indian Army.

Colonel Hoshiar Singh was a man of simple habits and liked to visit his native village from time to time. The great secret of Major Singh's remarkable success has been a close rapport with his men. He grew with his company and being in the same battalion for a long period helped him establish close ties with the men under his command.

Colonel (Retd) Hoshiar Singh, PVC passed away on 6th December, 1998.

Indo-Pak war 1971: The 3rd Battalion of the Grenadiers Regiment was in the forefront of the advance of 54 Inf. Div. in Shakargarh sector on the western front on the night of December 5th. The 3 Grenadiers, under the dynamic command of Lt Col V P Airy, made quick gains in the first ten days of the war. On December 15th, it was assigned the task of establishing a bridge-head across the Basantar river. The river was covered with deep minefields on both sides and protected by well fortified defense by the enemy. Major Hoshiar Singh, Commander of 'C' (left forward) Company, launched an attack across the enemy minefield on Jarpal. As it was a well fortified enemy position, the company came under intense shelling and crossfire from medium machine guns and suffered heavy casualties.

The 3 Grenadiers bravely continued the assault and captured their objective. The enemy bunkers were cleared only after fierce hand-to-hand fighting. Pakistanis reacted to the loss of Jarpal by launching counter attacks, two of them supported by armour, to dislodge the 3 Grenadiers on December 16th. Major Singh, unmindful of the enemy shelling and tank fire, went from trench to trench, encouraging his men to remain steadfast and fight. Inspired by his courage and leadership, his company repulsed all attacks, inflicting heavy casualties on the enemy. On December 17th, the enemy mounted yet another attack in battalion strength with heavy artillery in support. Though wounded seriously in enemy shelling, Major Singh again went alone from trench to trench, moving in the open. When an enemy shell landed near his medium machine gun post, injuring the crew, Major Hoshiar Singh rushed to the enemy machine gun pit and operated the gun inflicting heavy casualties on the enemy.

Pakistanis beat a hasty retreat leaving behind behind 85 dead, including their Commanding Officer - Lt Colonel Mohammed Akram Raja and three other officers. Throughout this operation, Major Singh displayed the most conspicuous gallantry, grim determination and indomitable spirit. With grit, courage and complete disregard to his personal safety he inspired his command to perform outstanding acts of gallantry and defeated repeated enemy attempts to recapture the locality. The steadfastness and dauntless courage displayed by Major Hoshiar Singh were in keeping with the highest traditions of the Indian Army, and his refusal to be evacuated despite his serious wounds was an act beyond the call of duty. He was honoured with the highest wartime gallantry medal of India, the Param Vir Chakra.

In these fierce battles, 2nd Lt Arun Khetrapal, of 17 Horse, working with 3 Grenadiers, was also awarded Param Vir Chakra posthumously. The CO of the 3 Grenadiers, Lt Col V P Airy was awarded the Maha Vir Chakra.

Regards,

Lt Col J S Malik (Retd)

ranjitjat
February 24th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Ravi ji
Thank you
Job and other things are important true.
But our history & Martyrs are also important this is the point.
People are taking interest , 118 entry so far and 12 posts.

We are wasting more time on meaning less topics - legs pulling etc.

Think positive- do positive things,
This is my message to all.
I will try to full fell my duty- mission of my life.
For all your information.
Col. Hoshiar singh died on 6 Dec 1998 at JAIPUR. RAJ.
We can only interview his family and UNIT.
I was his guest of honour on25-26 JAN 1973.
I am also witness when he was awarded PVC on 26 JAN1973- joined him with the Parade in VIJAYCHOK -INDIA GATE & RED FORT.
I was also present when he was interviewed by famous journalist & world press.
I am not a famous journalist. But i was his guest of honour in RAJ-RIF Centre DELHI CANT.
I interviewed him as a friend because i have interest in Army History. I was also proud that a fellow Jat brother got highest award PVC And I am lucky to be his guest of honour.

However Your idea of interview his family & unit is great.
If we can write a book on Col Hoshiar Singh PVC Life that will be a geart things.
I will be happy to do this noble work.
I need help from all you.
Those who can help with material and story are welcome.
I do not need financial help for this noble cause.

JAIHIND
Dharmpal

ranjitjat
February 24th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Dear Mandeep, Sanjeev & Col Jagmohan Sahib

Thank you very much for the Tribute, There are many stories in books & on inrenet about this.
Please carry on your sereach and find more.

With best wishes
Dharmpal