PDA

View Full Version : a new machine..

sumnendu
November 13th, 2004, 01:10 PM
for all intellegent scientists...

Dear friends..

It there any possibility to invent such a machine which consume the carbon-di-oxide from the atmosphere and release freash oxyzen.

Regards

Sumnendu Chattha
Delhi..

sansanwalamit
November 13th, 2004, 02:45 PM
sorrry I am not even a scientist, forget about intelligent scientist,
but I would say, that plant a tree and if you cant then clone one :D

sumnendu
November 13th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Dear brother

But dear brother it is i m asking seriously. There should be a machine that could absorb all the dust and smoke spread in environment and release fresh oxyzen. It would be a great invention for all mankind. Isnt it. After diwali there is clouds of smoke in delhi. if there were a machine, this smoke and dust could be washed out in some hours. Think about it.......

Regards

Sumnendu

poonam
November 13th, 2004, 11:29 PM
well said Amit :) :)

sorrry I am not even a scientist, forget about intelligent scientist,
but I would say, that plant a tree and if you cant then clone one :D

raj2rif
November 14th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Very well said by Amit, but the question raised by Sumnendu is worth considering.

I am sure the mechanism that follows in plants to convert Carbon dioxide into oxyzen could be analyzed and some thing of that nature could be invented which is portable. Planting trees off course would have much better solution, but may not be an immidiate solution to kind of event mentioned by Sumnendu.

I am sure, people must have already tried it or may be trying it for polution is a serious global problem.

sumnendu
November 14th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Very well said by Amit, but the question raised by Sumnendu is worth considering.

I am sure the mechanism that follows in plants to convert Carbon dioxide into oxyzen could be analyzed and some thing of that nature could be invented which is portable. Planting trees off course would have much better solution, but may not be an immidiate solution to kind of event mentioned by Sumnendu.

I am sure, people must have already tried it or may be trying it for polution is a serious global problem.

Dear Sir

You said well that polution is the serious global problem and it is true that plants and trees are only solution of reducing this polution but it is not the immediate solution. There should be a machine that should be installed in very much poluted areas. There is possibility that any one would have started the try out in this way. If some one is there congratulation to him. And let us know him.

Regards

Sumnendu

navingulia
November 15th, 2004, 09:29 PM
CO2 is a very stable compound, therefore reversing the procedure to generate O2 is very remote.
It is impossible to have big enough machines that can regulate the atmosphere. Even for a small room we need 1.5ton AC.
The only possible way is to let nature take care of itself. If we dont let nature to take care of itself, I am sure it will take good care of us in near future. With the ozone hole widening, with higher CO2 levels leading to global warming resulting in melting of polar ice to flood most of land and highly polluted air, we are well on our way. Unless we choose to change directions soon.
Ummm, pessimistic? yeah. But thats what we are heading towards.

uday
November 15th, 2004, 10:24 PM
No PMM1 & PMM2 could be designed till now.
However there is some invention going on to use Hydrogen available in space to use as fuel for rockets ( space expedition for long range shuttles).

Lighter side.. Ar Bhai kadey isi m/c ban bhi ja or va khud roadways ki bus ki dhala ghana dhooma chooden lag gayi to ?? ;)

.................Grow Trees...Save Trees...Save EARTH !!!

rkumar
November 15th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Theortically there can be a machine to do the job. The machine can be built on either physical or chemical principles of Cabon Dioxide. Here are few ideas;

1. CO2 can be removed by passing it through water. Following reaction takes place;

CO2 + H2O= H2CO3

As you can see, this will remove CO2 from the air, but will leave behind water converted into acid. If we are willing to take care of this acid, then this can be the simplest type of machine. This type of machine will remove pollution from the air, but add it into water..

2. Another type of machine can be built based upon the physical principle. In this case the polluted air can be passed through very large centrifuge where Co2 and O2 can be separated based upon their atomic weights.

3. Next type of machine can be built based upon different freezing points of CO2 and O2..

So much about the machines. Now let us talk about their practicalities. In my view neither of the machines can be practical on large scales when it comes to cleaning the air of entire city. Only way to keep cities clean is to prevent the pollution by enforcing laws.

For the benefit of many of our members, I would like to memntion that CO2 is also very useful and is fequired by plants for their growth. Problem comes when it is present in air in high quantity.

Rajendra

sumnendu
November 16th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Dear all

Right saying.

But same question is left. The question is not to remove co2 from o2. Question is to remove smoke and dust from freash air.

It is possibel na?

We know well that it would be very much costly the machine would run on very high volume of power or energy but it is good thinking towards cleaning the air from dust and smoke and always remember that 'always think abt sky, defenately you will learn to fly'.

Furthur i want to say to all my jatland members that dont even say but keep their words and plant trees to keep environment clean

i also want to request to all to save energy and water so that our next generations may not face problems.

Regards.

sumnendu

uday
November 16th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Dear all

Furthur i want to say to all my jatland members that dont even say but keep their words and plant trees to keep environment clean

i also want to request to all to save energy and water so that our next generations may not face problems.

Regards.

sumnendu
----------------------------------
Bhai Sumnendu,
Bahut aachha ques. tha aapka or Aap bhi aaj isi baat per ek pedda bo hi do...
Recently whole of my society objected for not planting Mango saplings( as it will grow big and can harm society underground pipes in future) but bhai lad..bhed kar Aug. end main saharanpur se laye hue hybrid mango ke 2 to bo hi diye.. Oxygen + fruit.. Aam ke aam or guthliyon ke daam :) ;) .. AAM na bhi miley to kya hua...gaddey khadi karney ke liye chaya to milegi..or oxygen roongey main free.

anilkc
November 16th, 2004, 07:20 PM
assuming u have the m/c. how will u run this m/c ?