PDA

View Full Version : TRIBUTE TO FIRST ROYAL JAT BN> 6JAT

ranjitjat
March 27th, 2002, 01:24 AM
The martyrs belong to whole nation & we all should pay tribute to martyrs with due respect. 6th jat bn is one of the finest & oldest battalion of the Indian army.
Mamod Gaznavi looted the Somnath temple& took with him golden gate & fixed them to Gazani fort.The British defeated Afhgan in 4th Afhgan war with the help of 6 jat. After victory 6th jat bn took off the golden gate, brought back to India with out any damage, put it back to Somnath temple. No army in the world & in India able to do such a noble task . only the jats.still pujari called us sudara & whole world called them robbers.
During first world war jats were among the first who made supreme sacrifices in the war. My grandfathers hav Harnaran singh & Ranjit Singh were flag bearers of 6th jat & were among the first martyrs of Indian army. By the end of1914 only 40 jats were left from the orignal 6th jat. Many other units came to help 6th jat. But the flag of 6th jat was flying high on German front until the end.

Conditions in the area were deplorable, the whole region was little more than a sea of mud, with fetid pools and ditches. communication trenches were little more than streams.The environment could not have more alien than this for these men from India. The jats stood the ground for 1 year & fought like a lion. this is the over hall view of world historians.
The tales of jats valour were on every page of british press. After war in 1921 6 jat became 1 st Royal jat bn in Indian army.

1st Royaljat Battalion -6 jat past & presents title
1803 1st bn 22 regiment
1824 43 regiment
1861 6 th regt of bengal n i
1901 6th jat light infantary
1921 6th Royaljat LI
1922 1st Royal jat battalion of 9 th jat regiment
1995 1st Royal BN MEchnical Bargade Indian army
2002 !1st Royal BN Mech Bargade indian army
Battles HONOURS
La Bassee France 1914
Festubert France 1914-15
Neuve Chapelle France 1914-15
France & flanders 1914-15
Sahiba 1915
Ctesiphon 1915
Khan Baghdadi 1916
Defance of Kut-al-amara 1916
Tigris 1916
Mesopotamia 1917-18
Singapure 1942-43
Burma Meiktila 1944-45
Kashmir-Kargil 1948-65-71-99
I salute all indian army Martyrs & 6 jats !1st Royal jats And other jats bns & other units of army.
I find out about Indian war Memorial after long
search in France. I paid my tribute to indian army& my grand father on behalf of Haryana association London UK. I am proud to say I was the first jat who paid a visit with family, paid tribute. signed the register. every body is welcome to go &check .-------Jaihind

ranjitjat
April 10th, 2002, 03:24 AM
Shahid belong to nation. every body should pay tribute.
do not be shy

ranjitjat
April 10th, 2002, 03:45 AM
Shahid tt sarey desh ky sss
I salute all Indian martyrs France TO Kargil.Because for our tomorrow they given their today. Whole the country is behind Indian Army.
United we stand like a rock

JAIHIND

mbsd_4
April 20th, 2002, 11:13 PM
bravery and courage are in a jat's blood.
great information jatbhai

rajeshsindhu
April 21st, 2002, 04:12 AM
Manu:
What is this "kherka gujjar" ????!

manu balraj singh deswal (Apr 20, 2002 01:43 p.m.):
bravery and courage are in a jat's blood.
great information jatbhai

ranjitjat
April 21st, 2002, 08:35 PM
Dear Manu Balrajsingh, Rajesh
Welcome & thank you for the tribute & compliments TO martyrs& 1st RoyalJAT.>6Jat

Rajesh Bhai- Kherkka Gujjar tt gam ka nam ssssssssssssss
Kisi gujjar ka basaya gam lag sssss
Baki bhai Manu Know better.

ranjitjat
January 21st, 2003, 09:45 PM
REQUEST TO ALL
please add 1 st worldwar picture&
Today news in tribune about 1st ROYAL JAT BN
to this tribute.
thanks

MOVE IT TO HISTORY SEC,

BEST WISHES

ranjitjat
November 9th, 2003, 05:55 AM
Royal Jats enter bicentenary year

The 1 Jat (Light Infantry), redesignated 2nd Battalion, The Mechanised Infantry Regiment, 1 Jat (LI), will celebrate its bicentenary in November. The British had bestowed on it the honour of Royal Jats for its splendid record in both World Wars. Besides, the unit was given the distinguished title of the Light Infantry (LI) for carrying out the longest march in history. The unit was in the first batch of six infantry battalions in 1969 that were reformed into mechanised battalions. In the Jat Regiment, the battalion being the oldest, is also called “Dadi Paltan”.

In World War-I, for winning the famous battle of Festubert in France, the battalion was awarded the Battle Honour of Festubert. This day is celebrated by the unit on November 16 every year. There is a Jat Officers Regimental Association in the UK and the retired British Officers of the Jat Regiment have regular get-togethers and celebrate important regimental days, as we do in India. They also publish a Regimental Newsletter in March every year. Some of them who served in Jat 1 (LI) will attend the bicentenary celebrations.

Ms Gwen Martin, wife of the late Col Alan Weston Martin, has expressed the desire to present to the battalion Col Alan’s OBE, regimental sword and medals, which she says that Col Alan would have been very happy to given to the regiment.

ranjitjat
November 9th, 2003, 06:02 AM
DEAR ALL.

GOOD NEWS
1ST ROYAL JAT BN BICENTENARY YEAR CELEBRATION IS THIS MONTH AT BARELIY UP INDIA.
IS ANY ONE GOING OR HAVE MORE INFORMATION ?

JAIHIND

rajendersingh
November 9th, 2003, 10:23 AM
dudee ji namaskar,
thanks for sharing the information.we all are proud of our martyrs.we move ahead in the society with a sense of great pride because of their supreme sacrifice.may god grant peace to the departed souls.

ranjitjat
November 10th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Dear Rajender singh Namaskar
Thank you very much. more good news.
Now we have double 2 re-union of Jat REGIMENT.

I got invitation letter for Jat centre Bareliy re-union from the CO. BRIG. SHYAM LAL.

Major Jack of British Jat officer association in Uk told me last week that 1st Royal Jat Mech, BDR also having re-union from 14 to 16 of NOV at RURKEE. HE WAS INVITED FOR THAT CELEBRATION AS WELL.

I want more information of RURKEE ROYAL JAT RE-UNION.
If you or any body going or have more information please contact me soon.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

ravichaudhary
November 10th, 2003, 11:46 PM
This is good news.

What is the UK jat regiment association ? Can we have more details.

any contact numbers or e mail addresses ?

Ravi

meena
December 26th, 2003, 06:19 AM
"JO shaeed hua he unki- yaad karoo Qurbani... kahi bhool na jayoo unko ...."

We are proud of each one of u- our Uniformed Braves!

mbamal
December 26th, 2003, 07:52 AM
I salute the brave soldiers of 6th JAT. They did us proud in every war. Thank you Dudee uncle for provinding this important insight into the valor and courage of our brave jat soldiers.

ranjitjat
December 26th, 2003, 01:49 PM
DEAR FRIENDS
Since than i have attended the 200 year celebrations of 1st. royal jat at Roorkee from 14- to 16 nov and presented my book FRANCE TO KARGIL TO CO. COL OF THE REGIMENT. I ALSO MET CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF GENERAL VIJ .
FULL DETAILS of the visit SOON

DHARMPAL

ranjitjat
December 28th, 2003, 04:43 PM
DEAR MEENA SINGH JI.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE NICE TRIBUTE.

3 CHEERS

saharawat
December 28th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Hello Sir

Thanks to share the valuable information with us.

ranjitjat
December 30th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Dear MANDEEP &DHIRAJ

Thank you very much for your tribute .

I still remember the young DHIRAJ SMILING FACE AT JAT MEETING IN GURGAUN.

ranjitjat
January 10th, 2004, 03:20 PM
DEAR ALL
TODAY JAT REGIMENT HAS 22 BN , 3 TA BNS
and 3 RASTARIYA RIFLES.
I have presented the book
FRANCE TO KARGIL TO ALL THE BNS OF JAT REGIMENT AT BAREILLY

JAIHIND
DHARMPAL

sandeepk
January 16th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Dharmpal Singh Dudee (Apr 09, 2002 05:54 p.m.):
Shahid belong to nation. every body should pay tribute.
do not be shy

that was reallly great and we came to know about the jats history. do keep informing about all these as just a few people know about all these things. hope to get a nwe article from u very soon.

ranjitjat
January 26th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Dear Sandeep

Thank you very much for the tribute.
The full story of my visit to 1st Royal Jat Bn at Roorkhi & Jat regiment centre Barelley will be out soon.

Cheers
Dharmpal

rajendersingh
February 9th, 2004, 08:26 PM
ye bimari fir kaha se agi.is it hiv+?......iske koi dangro wala sua thok do.. taki yo dobra is jaghe ne kharab na kar.. i mean some ways and means to stop this bhinderewala.he is the enemy of india,jats and the jaats.

ranjitjat
February 9th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Lieut-Gen K.K. Khanna

Maj-Gen K.K. Khanna has been promoted as Lieut-General and posted the new Chief of Staff of the Udhampur-based Northern Command of the Army. He was currently posted at the command headquarters as Major-General (General Staff).

An alumni of the National Defence Academy, General Khanna was commissioned in June 1967 in the 16th Jat Regiment and commanded the battalion from June 1988 to May 1990. He later raised a sector of the Rashtriya Rifles in Jammu and Kashmir and was awarded the Ati-Vishisht Seva Medal.

I met General Khanna at Jat Regt centre Bareilly on 18-19-20 Nov 2003 at yhe passing out ceremony of jat regt.centre Jawans.
General Khanna is the Col og Jat Group.

My book France to Kargil was presented to
General khanna, Brig Shyam Lal and 25 Commamding officers of all the jat BNS.

JAIHIND

captmanjeet
August 9th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Dear dudi sir,
Thanks alot to let me know aboutthe battle honours of 6 Jat.wonder ful paltan and finest traditions hats off to them who has brought laurels to paltan and the nation.
I salute to all the soldiers who have given their future to make our presents.
i HAPPEN TO SERVE WITH ANOTHER WONDERFUL JAT PALTAN THAT IS 3 JAT.The battle of dograi is still considered the one of the finest infantary battles of independent india.Peaple around dograi village in vicinity of lahore are still have nightmare of the war cry of jat paltans "jat balwan jai Bhagwan"
I am proud to be jat and a soldier too.
Capt MS sahrawat