PDA

View Full Version : December 11, 2004: NAJC Event

singhkapoor
November 29th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Dear Friend

We are glad to inform you that North American Jat Charities is celebrating its 10th Anniversary and you are cordially invited to join us for an evening of professional entertainment, which will be followed by a sumptuous dinner (No Entry Fee).

NAJC has come a long way since its founding in 1994 by one of the most self-effacing philanthropist Jat couples. It has evolved into a very cohesive group of passionate people; the group has donated more than half million dollars to nearly two dozen charitable projects.

NAJC is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization, seeking to empower the Jat community through its cost effective charitable programs those focus on education, values and health & wellness.

Collective action, generous financial donations and intellectual contributions from like-minded people enable under-privileged jats to confront adversity through knowledge and self-confidence.

Saturday, December 11, 2004
Akbar Restaurant
21 Cortland Street, Edison, NJ 08837
Phone: 732 632 8822
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm Snacks
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm Professional Entertainment & Dinner

You can call any of the following phone numbers to confirm your attendance:
732 600 4915, 732 329 6905, 732 422 1049 or 609 705 5018.

Sincerely :)
Kapoor Singh

PS: For more information please visit www.najcharities.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=34

singhkapoor
November 30th, 2004, 06:09 PM
NAJC - 10th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION!!!

http://www.najcharities.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=34

The years flew by and she just turned ten
We’re very proud of her as you sure tell can

Some of us said: A celebration?? No way!!!
We talked it over and decided to have it anyway

We’re not tooting the horn or banging the drum
But, we are having a party! Can you come?

Dance the evening away to popular desi hits
But don’t forget to call a baby sitter for your kids
(No Kidding!!!)

The invitation is limited to 200 guests
Please respond in time - Yeah!! Not a jest.

Akbar Restaurant

We hope you will be able to grace the occasion and share our joy as we reminisce ten years of our very rewarding and fulfilling existence.

We look forward to seeing you.

NAJC Family

Please confirm your attendance ASAP by calling (732) 329 6905

ramsarya
December 6th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Isn't it surprising that inspite of two posts by Kapoor Singh on this subject, inviting people to come join us and have fun, meet 150-200 jats and may be learn about North American Jat Charities committment to Community, no one from Jatland has responded? Lot of us claim to be committed to help our community but show no interest in appreciating or helping to learn what others are doing for the same community. Some of us (out of the above lot of us!) are definitely doing our bit to promote the causes of our community but a telephone call or a post or an email to Kapoor Singh would have made his time and efforts appreciated. Specially the jatland members living in and around New Jersey can find time easily to join us and have some fun without spending anything from your pocket and appreciate the efforts of the people involved just by showing up. I promise that there will be no pressure to go for your check book.
I thank Sujata for writing a commendable paragraph about this organization and the people involved in one of her posts about a couple of months back.

ishwarlamba
December 7th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Congratulation Kapoor Ji and Arya Ji for your hard work in promoting NAJC.
Again I thanks you for helping the Arya samaj in Sydney with US $2,000.
My wife Kanta and me are putting all our energies in promoting the Arya Samaj including people of our Jat community.

Now we are visiting Fiji from 17 to 26 December, Fiji Arya Samaj has cpmpleted 100 years. I invited u and all jat community to visit Fiji.
regards

Ishwar lamba

shokeen123
December 10th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Dear Ram Bhai and others:

There are no two schools of thoughts about the success of NAJC. This is the only grass root organization launched by Jats living abroad that has emerged as a viable head start effort to benefit a few bright and needy kids during the most formative years of life. Although it is only a drop in the ocean, its ripple effect will some day spread far and wide throughout the Jat heartland. We now know of two such schools that are thriving on selfless efforts of a small army of dedicated people. I was fascinated by the snapshots of hope, anticipation and determination so genuinely reflected on the gleaming faces of the youngsters. I consider it a privilege and honor to contribute to the efforts of this group from here on... starting with attendance at the 10th anniversary of the organization.

My husband (a non–Jat) and I will be joining the crowd not because of the free lunch or the free entertainment, but to applaud the hard work of the pathfinders who have made this painstaking endeavor a reality. I remember a fitting tribute to your efforts and would like to quote in Tagore’s words, “Thank the flame for its light, but do not forget the lampholder standing in the shade with constancy of patience.”

My attendance is as much symbolic of my commitment to my community as it is a source of networking and friendship with the group. I have cancelled two other prior engagements and have literally begged my children (who have exams Monday-Wednesday), to be part of this symbolic event. May I request the organizers to keep the schedule on time so that we can travel back to Washington after the celebration to allow children the next day for their school activities?

Congratulations to each and everyone of you for your hard efforts -- see you in New Jersey!

Sujata

jagmohan
December 10th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Wishing all the SUCCESS to NJAC.

I am sure the organisation will continue to serve the most needy in the community and truly live upto its charter.

Regards,

JS Malik

ranjitjat
December 10th, 2004, 04:43 PM
MANY CONGRATULATIONS TO NAJC ON 10 TH ANNIVERSARY

Dear Ram Arya ji and all jat- Jatni members.
Many congratulations to NAJC on 10th Anniversary.

May God bless you every success in your noble cause.
Our Shaheed Dham Trust Bhiwani Haryana is happy to honours all of you by presenting NAJC 100 copies of my book.
Vedesh mae Haryanvi Loksahitya ki Dhoom.
The books are ready to collect from Bhiwani.

Thank you very much for the invitation. We are with you in spirit.
Carry on great work for our Kaum.
With greetings from London & warm regards to Jats/Jatnis
Dharmpal Dudee

ramsarya
December 10th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Respected Lamba ji, Dudee ji and dear Sujata and Jagmohan: Thanks for the wishes. Some of the Jatland members attending this event are Sujata with her family, Nitin and Monica Dahiya, Abhimanyu, Jatin, Sumita Singh, her sister and significant others and Kapoor Singh with family. We will have a gathering of about 180 people. Thanks Dudee ji for the gift of books, however these books will be distributed when we bring these from Bhiwani early next year. Thanks again.

rkumar
December 10th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Hearty congratulations on the occasion. I am a bit curious to know about the methods employed for fund raising and the success achieved. I visited the NAJC website for the first time today. I am really impressed by the success of various projects. Are these projects purely the personal efforts of individual members or collective efforts of NAJC ? On the scholarship front I found only one name. Is it that people don't know about the scholarship programme of NAJC or availability of funds is the main problem ?

Regards
Rajendra

sphougat
December 10th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Akbar Restaurant

You can call any of the following phone numbers to confirm your attendance:
732 600 4915, 732 329 6905, 732 422 1049 or 609 705 5018.

Sincerely :)
Kapoor Singh

PS: For more information please visit www.najcharities.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=34

Aaj Se Theek 34 Saal Pehle Aaj Hi Ke Din 11 Decemeber 1970 Ko Ek Function Bhalaut Gaom Jila Rohtak Ma Hua Tha. Jisme Chaudhary Maru Singh Education Minister, Haryana Padhre The. Balwan Singh Gayak Ne Ye Gana Gaya Tha.

Oh Bhai Dildar December 11, Sun 70 Ka Din Aaya,
Jin Haine Dekh Kar Maare Gaom Ki Anand Ho gaye Kaya.

Kuch aisa hi song tha.

Is Function Mai Suresh Phougat Ko Education Minister Ne Standing First ke Liye Prize Diya Tha. Bhalla Ye din main Kaise Bhul sakta Hun.

hahahahahaha

ramsarya
December 10th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Rajendra Bhai:
Thanks for the wishes. NAJC website is still under update and not complete yet and therefore not all the info is there. NAJC provides 18 yearly scholarships in one school to students (one each to male and female) who academically top their class. Provides 5 scholarships (all yearly expenses) in another school to girl students topping in their class. NAJC also provides scholarships to needy and brilliant students for post high school studies upto Rs 30,000 a year and as long as needed to finish studies. Number of these scholarships depend on the number and quality of applications received, as this year alone we have provided six new ones in addition to the ones already continuing.
Projects may be sponsored by individuals and thus most of fund raising is the responsibility of the sponsors with NAJC's help, though the aims and objectives of the NGO running the institution have to be approved by and are not in conflict with the aims and objectives of NAJC. People may sponsor scholarships as well, as long as the criteria is approved by NAJC.
Other ways of receiving funds from NAJC are: Either the institution itself or a member brings the project to the attention of NAJC and requests funds based on needs. Once NAJC's membership accepts the project, donation request is made frist to members and then to general public. Most of the fund raising (95% plus) is from members. So far more than half a million dollars have been donated with a membership of only about 50 plus members, thus you may call it a very committed group. Thanks once again for encouragement.
Suresh Bhai agar aapko 11th Dec nahi bhool sakta kyonki aapko us din 1st aane ka prize mila tha to aap bhi is din aakar kyon nahi kisi ke liye yeh din ek yaadgar bana den?

rkumar
December 10th, 2004, 09:28 PM

So far more than half a million dollars have been donated with a membership of only about 50 plus members, thus you may call it a very committed group.

Indeed very impressive sir. Many salutes to you and your dedicated team members.

Kind Regards
Rajendra