PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail account hijacked !!!!!

bnashier
December 7th, 2004, 02:55 AM
Someone (some silly hijacker, of course) got into my hotmail account and has sent strange emails and files (perhaps containing who knows what) on my behalf. These emails seems to have been sent to people in my contacts list and perhaps some more. I have NOT sent any email to anyone from hotmail. So, please safeguard yourself before you open anything, in case you were one of the lucky ones to have received that junk!

Budh Nashier
____

adhanda
December 7th, 2004, 04:05 AM
I guess no one has actually 'hacked' your account, its quite common these days to get these virus containing attachments (size 31K, 54K etc). You dont actually need to hack in some account to send mail on your behalf , anyone can send a mail by the name of Budh.Nashier@hotmail.com (for example) without ever login to your account. I think its a sort of worm which just spans the address book and then send the emails by there name. Nothing to worry, just dont open these big attachments (yahoo can actyally warn about these mails)

--
Abhishek

Someone (some silly hijacker, of course) got into my hotmail account and has sent strange emails and files (perhaps containing who knows what) on my behalf. These emails seems to have been sent to people in my contacts list and perhaps some more. I have NOT sent any email to anyone from hotmail. So, please safeguard yourself before you open anything, in case you were one of the lucky ones to have received that junk!

Budh Nashier
____