PDA

View Full Version : NAJC Event Raises $24,708. Thank You All !!!

singhkapoor
December 12th, 2004, 07:54 PM
We are very pleased to announce that last night (Dec. 11, 2004) we raised $25,208 (updated): $23,308 for the Scholarship Fund + $1,900 for the General fund. The celebration dinner (with professional entertainment) was a huge success…….we had a full house. Thank you all….for your support.

We are very proud to state that, unlike many other charities, we have ZERO administrative costs. EVERY PENNY, we collect, is put straight to work ……No spin…no slant….no twist….at all.

To live up to our promise of Zero Administrative Costs, expenses for last night’s celebration were borne by:
Madhu & Shri Om Dalal
Sumedha & Dev Dabas
Santosh & Ram S. Arya.

Following is the list of donors to the Scholarship Fund:

Sumedha & Dev Dabas
Kanta & Vireshwar Ahlawat
Indu & Sunil Chaudhary
Raj & Harish Tanwar
Shashi & Ravi Ravindran
Jatin Singh
Sheela & Dr. Jaipal Rathi
Yashi & Ajai Sirohi
Meena & Ashok Rathi
Veena & Dr. Jagbir Singh
Yashpal Verma
Bhawna & Anand Verma
Laxmi & Chandarbhan Arya
Sangita Ahlawat
Sangita & Dr. Jaipal Rana
Chandar Bhan Nandal
Prem Beniwal
Renu & Jay Rathi
Krishan Ahlawat
Pradeep Lamba
Indu & Bijender Tonk
Vikram Singh
Ravindar Dahiya
Dharmvir S. Dahiya
Monica & Nitin Dahiya
Ajay Malik
Sushma & Kapoor Singh

Last but certainly not the least, Mrs. Santosh & Mr. Ram S. Arya, who put forward the following magnanimous offer:

“Whatever money we raise for the scholarship fund at the dinner party will be matched dollar to dollar, by them”.

So, their contribution to the kitty is $11,654.00 (50% of the total money raised for Scholarship Fund). We Thank You……Mrs. & Mr. Arya.

As we all know, this modest and philanthropist couple does not like to draw attention to themselves or be named but hey how can we not name them when they do so much charitable work.

We welcome following new lifetime-members to the NAJC family:

Dr. Ghasi Ram Varma (Honorary)
Ram G. Dhindhwal
Balwan Narwal
Nitin Dahiya

Sincerely

NAJC Family

For more info. on North American Jat Charities (NAJC), please visit www.najcharities.org
send email to r.arya@att.net / kapoorsingh@yahoo.com
or call 732 308 0721 / 609 705 5018

monica
December 12th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Dear Kapoor Ji

Thank you very much for organizing such a wonderful event. It felt really really nice to be there. The credit goes to you for making sure the evening was so well planned and executed.

It felt great to get to know so many Jats not only doing well in their respective careers but involved with community work as well. Of course, the contributions of Mrs and Mr Arya are an amazing inspiration for all fellow jats.

We hope that NAJC continues to make the much-needed difference to the community and continues to involve a larger set of people.

Monica and Nitin

ps: It was also nice to meet so many of the Jatland regulars...

rkumar
December 12th, 2004, 09:43 PM
wonderful. Many clappings for Mrs and Mr Arya and all others who are doing great service to the community.

Rajendra

sphougat
December 12th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Jor se Talliyaan,

Gadgadahat.

Give a big hand to all workers.

Great achievement!

singhkapoor
December 12th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Dear Monica & Nitin

Thank you very much for the compliments.

Yes!! WE (Not I alone) worked very hard to make the evening a success. Last night Mr. Arya and I might have been the visible faces on the stage but no way could we have done what we did without the help of other NAJC soldiers who, for so long, worked tirelessly behind the scenes.

The PARTIAL list is (it does not even include the names of food committee members):-

Harish Dhayal
Vireshwar Ahlawat
Dev Dabas
Dr. Jagbir Singh
Madhu Dalal

And of course it was the GUESTS who brought the party to life. Thank YOU ALL for coming out and supporting NAJC's cause.

Cheers

Kapoor Singh

Dear Kapoor Ji

Thank you very much for organizing such a wonderful event. It felt really really nice to be there. The credit goes to you for making sure the evening was so well planned and executed.

It felt great to get to know so many Jats not only doing well in their respective careers but involved with community work as well. Of course, the contributions of Mrs and Mr Arya are an amazing inspiration for all fellow jats.

We hope that NAJC continues to make the much-needed difference to the community and continues to involve a larger set of people.

Monica and Nitin

ps: It was also nice to meet so many of the Jatland regulars...

rrathi
December 13th, 2004, 07:37 AM
It was marvelous, I do not have words to put down my feelings. I felt proud to be a Jat and an Indian! Jai Hind!!

uday
December 13th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Appreciating all such positive steps towards charity work for JAT community.

rajendersingh
December 13th, 2004, 09:30 PM
dear kapoor,
great event.its a spirit which needs to be imbibed by every one of us.a genuine gesture for the help of needy ones specially our own ppl.mrs santosh arya and mr ram s. arya needs no introduction in this noble field.the couple knows how to help the needy ones.. as they have been doing it since many years....kindly convey my heartiest congratulations to all, who have shown this greatness.

jagmohan
December 14th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Heartiest Congratulations to NAJC for the genuine effort to help the needy.

I have no doubt that NAJC would continue in thier effort to bring smiles on the faces of our less fortunate community members. And since this is happening under the guidance of Mr & Mrs Ram Arya and other elders, the future looks brighter than the past.

Congratulations and best wishes.

Regards,

JS Malik

amanpoonia
December 15th, 2004, 05:40 AM
congratulations to NAJC. its good to know that such nice events are being organised and money is collected for sucja nobel cause. once again congratulations to all the organisers and guests!!
Aman POONIA

singhkapoor
December 25th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Dear Monica & Nitin, Rajendra K., Suresh, Rahul, Uday, Rajender S., Lt. Col. Malik, and Aman

I thank you all on behalf of all NAJC members. It’s the encouraging words from people like you and generous donations from NAJC members that keep the flag flying.

Please spread the word in the community. I am sure there are many more jats who are in a position to help other jats – financially or otherwise, all they need is an outlet like the NAJC. Generosity is contagious….Let’s all catch it.

We should all congratulate Nitin for providing this platform, jatland.com, to the jat Diaspora.

Rajender Bhai Sahab, you and I should be especially proud because Nitin is an Ex-Raist. By the way, were you able to visit the school on Old Raist Day??

Col. Sahab, you and I seem to be “padosis” – I am from Harsana Kalan, Sonipat.

Thank you all, once again!!!

NAJC

indian
December 25th, 2004, 01:20 PM
heartiest congratulations to NAJC for this great effort.
vijayashree & Sanjiv

singhkapoor
December 28th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Dear Sanjiv & Vijayashree

Thanks a lot for the compliments. Why don't you guys do something in UK??

C'mon Vijayashree show some "Ex-Raist" spirit.

Regards