PDA

View Full Version : Jats ignored in History

lrburdak
February 12th, 2003, 03:35 PM
A look at the Indian history reveals that after the resurrection of Hinduism by Adi Shankracharya, Kumaril Bhatt and Ramanujam, the caste-brahmin became the sole arbiter of new order and hierarchy. They distorted history and social precedence to suit them. Jats refused to brahmanical Hinduism. Kshatriyas who accepted the brahmanical supremacy unconditionally became favourites and were given dignified name of Raj-Putra, the modern day Rajputs. Jats drew the censure of the privileged Brahmin, hence,their historical background and contribution was underrated, distorted and ignored. The same bias continues till today in the media controlled by Brahman, bania and supported by rajputs.
In India , either history was not written about in anciant ages,or the writings have perished. Even today, a number of ancient manuscripts lie in the great libraries of India, Iran, Central Asia and Middle East unread, uncatalogued and untranslated. Many might shed additional light on Indian history and particularly the ignored Jat history. One of the most urgent task of scholarships is the publication and translation of these various works.

rajendersingh
February 12th, 2003, 08:24 PM
burdak sahab namaskar,
it is a matter that is beyod any doubt that jats have been denied their due recognition in history.it is not bec of some slip on part of historians,but it had been schemed very clearly and cleverly.reasons could be any,and this great unjustice has been in process till date.as u rightly said there is a great need to dug the abandoned sources to bring out the truth.we all are aware it is a process and requires a great amount of work, in what ever way we can contribute we all should do.
in my limited capacity i have started collecting historical books having reference to jats cotribution, which can come handy in future. if god willing some project is taken over by any one to put the things in right prospective.i know i am not the matrial to write a book but cerainly my collection will help the project . lets hope that some thing will start in this direction in near future.

lrburdak
February 15th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Dear Rajendra Singh ji
Namaskar. Thank you very much for immediate reply. It is matter of great concern for the entire jat community. I am giving one instance from history to what extentthis ignorance can be.
Recently I was reading a book written by Dr.D.K.Takn-MARWARI SAMAJ AND BRIJ MOHAN BIRLA. Birlas are great industrialist in India. Birlas have originated from a town –PILANI in Rajasthan. Pilani now-a-days is a famous Centre of education. Dr.Taknet mentions in the book about how pilani was established.
Thakur Nawal Singh constructed a fort at the site of present Pilani town and gave jamidari right to his fourth son Dalel Singh and the fort was named Dalelgarh. The raja of Sikar Laxman singh once attacked this fort. On this occasion one Pilania Jat fighting bravely saved the fort.It is said that in the memory of that Pilania Jat Dalelgarh was renamed as Pilani.
The interesting point to note in the above description is that author of the book did not bother to mention even the name of that brave jat in whose memory such a famous town like Pilani was established. Jat historians can do some thing.
L.R.Burdak

lrburdak
March 30th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Jats have been ignored not only by Indian historians but also by Indian Dictionaries. For example I tried to search Maruti’s Mega Dictionary(Hindi-english), compiled and edited by Abid Rizvi, Published by Marui Prakashan, 33 ,Harinagar, Meerut. One does not find the word jat in this Dictionary. Meerut is a place surrounded by dense population of jats. It is not possible that the author does not undrstand what jat is. Our active members from Meerut shri Arjun Rana and shri Utsedh Kumar should come forward and take the corrective action.On the other hand you find all other caste words defined such as Brahman, Rajput, Baniya, vaishya, Kumhar,Chamar, Mali etc. What does this show? We need to remain active.
On the other hand if we see Persian Dictionaries we not ony find jat but even many jat gotras defined. English Dictionaries are still fair. See how Jat has been defined in Encyclopaedia Britannica.
Jat as defined in Encyclopaedia Britannica :
peasant caste of northern India and Pakistan. In the 1960s the Jat constituted about 20 percent of the population of Punjab, nearly 10 percent of the population of Balochistan, Rajasthan, and Delhi, and from 2 to 5 percent of the populations of Sindh, Northwest Frontier, and Uttar Pradesh. The 4 million Jat of Pakistan are mainly Muslim by faith; the nearly 6 million Jat of India are mostly divided into two large castes of about equal strength: one Sikh, concentrated in Punjab, the other Hindu.The Muslim Jat in the western regions are organized in hundreds of groups tracing their descent through paternal lines; they are mostly camel herders or labourers. Those of India and of the Punjabi areas of Pakistan are more often peasant proprietors. The Jat first emerged politically in the 17th century and afterward, having military kingdoms such as Mursan in Uttar Pradesh, Bharatpur in Rajasthan, and Patiala in Punjab.
regards,