PDA

View Full Version : History of Tevatias

lrburdak
February 23rd, 2003, 08:37 PM
Source-Author shri Sudhir Kumar tevatia, Jat samaj 1/94,2/94,3/94,5-6/94
In India tevatia gotra is found in Haryana, Rajasthan, Western U.P. Population of Tevatia jats is mainly concentrated in Faridabad,Bulandsahar, Bharatpur,Mathura, Gajiabad, Aligarh districts. There are some villages of tevatias in Bijnor, Muradabad, Nainital districts also.
Tevatia jats believe that they have migrated from village named Tevti/Teoti. There is one village of this name in Bharatpur. There is also a village of this name near Ujjain. River Tapti is considered to be named after this gotra. Country Tibbet is also believed to be named after this gotra.
If we look similar names in other countries we find one tribe named Teuton in Europe and Germany. Tevatia jats are believed to have come to India in 5th century B.C. during Morya period from Iran. The word Tevatia has no meaning in Hindi or Sanskrit languages. In Persian language Tevatia word is found which means Goddess of fire. In China also a similar word Tao is found which is indicator of greatness.

gajeshd
March 10th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Laxman Bhai,

Good peice of information. As usual all your contributions are very useful. I suppose Ch. Charan Singh's gotra is also Tewatia.

rajendersingh
March 10th, 2003, 09:02 PM
gajesh bhai,

u are right ,laxman ji alwayswriting meant to be read i mean realy the good stuff.

u are right that choudhary charan singh was tewatia, u can find a joke on that which i wrote a few months back on the site.

how is every thing at u r end?

regards

rajender

lrburdak
March 11th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Gajesh ji & Rajender ji,
Thank you for the praise. Interesting feature of jat land is that all jat bhais regularly motivate. We find every moment some thing new. It is a matter of pleasure that all contribute to it. All gotras should be described and their origin be explained on jatland. It can be a good job and a useful collection.
regards,