PDA

View Full Version : Firefox, the best web browser one can get !!! Jit

cooljat
December 17th, 2004, 10:35 AM
hi! gentle folks,
just wanted to know how many of u, use firefox browswer?
well, it's 100 times better then IE or other browsers.
got some unique features like tab browsing, popup stopper, download manager, in-built google search, live bookmarks etc etc etc.

It's far more fast n efficent then IE....i really admire this great product thus wannna recommand to u all, try it!!

u can get firefox at www.mozilla.org , it's just 4.5 mb download.

cheers,

rock on,
Jit

aksaharan
December 18th, 2004, 01:36 AM
I don't totally agree with you Jit. Various reasons being

- FireFox is in initial stages, not a perfect thing for a non-techie to use (It does not gives as good user experience as IE)

- The startup time is quite high, compared to IE, which has component loaded at the OS init time, so the user may feel disgusted with firefox taking 1-2 minutes to start the application itself (The same is true with other browsers too). For this you should have seen, Firefox <= 0.8, they used to load really like firefox :)

- Internet explorer comes in-built and seeing the connection strengths at home line in India (or for that matter even the US home simple net connections) are pretty slow giving rates of 1-10 kbps, and at that rate it take long time to download firefox.

- People have already started revealing bugs in the firefox engine too??

- The various features that you listed here like google search(download Google Toolbar from google.com), Tabbed browsing (not very efficient for everyone to use, and it fails in many conditions like, blocking all tabs due to one busy tab), popup blocker (that is already realeased as part of Windows XP Update 2 (CDs of which can be shared with anyone, that is what microsoft says... so even if you have a invalid copy of windows, it would do), Pop up blocker is also part of the Google Toolbar, I don't see any advantage of having that single window download manager (except yes, broken downloads)??

- As far as speed is considered I never saw it beating IE (Version 6 with SP2)

All that said, I would still recommend playing around with FireFox. Its a good one since Netscape war ended. Since it provides many technically rich features, It is Worth having for techies.

mbamal
December 18th, 2004, 04:27 AM
another good browser is crazy browser www.crazybrowser.com .. based on IE..many good things..

multiple tabs in same window
pop up block