PDA

View Full Version : what is the mean by page 3

mukeshkumar007
December 21st, 2004, 10:46 AM
Dear all

Please any one would like to tell me the meaning of page 3. i have read many time this world but still i could not understood its meaning.

so please if any one know about it then explain it.

jagmohan
December 21st, 2004, 11:43 AM
Page 3 of some Newspapers and Tabloids was used to give sensational news, what is refered as 'eye catchers', 'scoops' and related to 'so called high society people'. Some news papers used to print semi-nude photographs too, to increase readership. In Mumbai you have Mid Day and mumbai Times using Page 3 for this purpose.

With changing times it became a prestige issue to be seen on Page 3. That's why you see a race amongst celebrities to be seen on Page 3. And the media started calling such people Page 3 crowd. They believe that you are 'somebody' only if you appear regularly on Page 3.

But this term may not be universally applicable.

uday
December 21st, 2004, 12:08 PM
Col. sahab ne bilkul sahi bataya hai..Col. sahab to gyan ke aprampaar strrot hain.

( all in lighter mode )

Page 3 maney Gadha ( Donkey) ya Emlee
( Jaisey Kitma phadey ( random tables) yaad kartey they aisey hi kitma kayda.
Kayda has 2 parts ek a, aa , E wala or ek K,kh,Ga wala )

Kayda utha or pehla panna kholo... usmain milega K se kabootar or gelya ek matmelley color ke kabooter ke foto

page 2 per milega kh.. Kh se khargosh

or bhai page 3 per Ga se Gadha....
Hence Page 3 = Gadha = Emlee

:rolleyes: ;) :p ;)

mukeshkumar007
December 21st, 2004, 05:12 PM
thankyou jagmohan unclji for explaing about page 3.

thankyou uday ji apki stylish description ke liye.

aksaharan
December 22nd, 2004, 03:03 AM
[QUOTE=jagmohan]Page 3 of some Newspapers and Tabloids was used to give sensational news, what is refered as 'eye catchers', 'scoops'

With Asian Age, Times Of India & Hindustan Times getting into statistical fights, the recent trend has changed this to the "last page syndrome"