PDA

View Full Version : Sons Are Sons Only Till They Get Married,but Daughters Are Daughters Always

devdahiya
January 3rd, 2005, 08:14 AM
Sons tend to forget parents the moment they get married as they accord priority to the new arrival,"THE JAANE-MAN." but the daughters remember and care for the parents each second with same intensity till they breath their last..................WHY SO?...................CAN I HAVE YOUR VIEWS PLEASE...................HERE YOU GO.......!

DEV

sonam
January 3rd, 2005, 08:50 AM
I feel it is not the case that sons are less caring or loving than the daughters. It is only that too much is expected from the sons, they are supposed to take care of the parents so what they are not doing is more visible but a daughter is not supposed to be responsible for the wellbeing of the parents so what they are doing for the parents gets noticed. It is not a matter of feelings but of expectations.

jagmohan
January 3rd, 2005, 10:33 AM
This is an issue that can't be generalised. One has seen enough examples in real life that points to the contrary. But there must be something ingrained in people, culturally or traditionally, for such behavior. Off hand it is difficult to comment on this issue as to why it seems that girls tend to care for the parents throughout life. Let me try and guess a few reasons.

Is the insecurity of a girl child the reason for it? And I am talking about 'Bharat' and not 'India'. Whether this insecurity is because of the total domination of man in our society is a question for the sociologists to postulate.

Another reason may be the way we JATS actually are. I remember it was, may be still is, considered inappropriate for a father to hold his child in public. In fact children did not address their own father as 'Babu', or 'Pitaji' but as Kaka. The grandparents could shower all love and affection in public but not fathers. The reason could be that a man was considered as a person who is strong and unattached. He was not supposed to be affected by small things like 'display of affection' or some such thing. This could be the reason as to why even a son would not show publicly his affection for his parents like other castes do. This 'Pappian & Jhappian' types.

Another point that is indicative of our nature is that in villages the son may or may not light the pyre of his parents. Any elder from the family could do so. This was because it was considered that a person becomes 'Matti' after he or she dies.

Such public demonstrations of 'Non Attachment' is what makes a JAT a truly uniique person. And our belief in God is something that is well known and outside the preview of this thread.

And as far as girls/women being more affectionate is concerned. Well, being affectionate is being girl/woman like. We are lucky to have sisters & daughters who do remember us and keep in touch throughout life. Though sometimes the public display of affection may seem to be a bit overdone.

Happy New Year.

JS Malik