PDA

View Full Version : A Few Achievements of Kharub/Kharb Gotra

kharub
March 28th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Just to add to the above mentioned cities some achievements of Kharub Gotra.

There is a village in Palestine named on Kharub Gotra and also a city named Kharub in Tibet.
The city named Kharub in Tibet is of a major historical significance

The Sultan of Zanzibar - a small arabian country near Tanzania and Saudi Arabia was Kharub.

Sultan Sayyid Khalifa ibn Kharub, he ruled the tiny arab country from 1911-60.

A small town named Kharub is also in Israel.

Cheers,
VJ Kharub

dabas
March 28th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Kharab shaab can you elobrate
these great Kharabs were from which religion , you are talking about?

kharub
March 29th, 2003, 12:03 AM
Dear Mr Dabas,

The Kharub ruler of Zanzibar is a follower of Islam.
Kharub Gotra is very common in Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan all the Kharubs in that region are Muslims.

However the place called Kharub in Tibet is a site of high historical significance and is a major tourist destination.
It is known as Kharub site in Chab - mdo. I am not certain whether it has religious significance or just historical or which religion it is connected with.

The Kharubs found in the Middle East as mentioned above are mostly Muslims with a few Jews as well.

But you should also consider the fact that Islam is a fairly new religion and our people have inhabited the landscape since the start of civilisation.
And that during the spread of Islam people were forced to become Muslims.

I will try to find out more about the Kharub site in Tibet and let you know.

Cheers,

VJ Kharub.

anilsangwan
March 29th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Bhai Kharab Ji , Please elaborate if there is any person or proof of them being a jat. Merely coincidence of same name of place is not a big thing. I mean if the person over there belong to jat community, it is great news for us. If they are Muslims or some other followers....you can guess what we all might be thinking of them... So please get more n more info from ur resources and share with us so that same can be used for being a plus point ofr all of us...
Hope you wont mind this....

Anil

ravichaudhary
March 29th, 2003, 10:26 PM
anil

VJ is on to something, and direction is correct.

You will find many common names between the Jats, and the the surnames in the middle east

That should be no surprise.

The surname is a proper noun, and is not expected to change, Ther may be small variances in the pronounciation and the spelling.

The name will stay the same, as it would be exected from generation to generation.

I have found Baliyan clan name in the Kurds.

The Jats were spread all over ancient mespotamia. They were known as the GUtI. they ruled over Ur in 2200 BC.

So do not be surprised, but look for more clan names.

There has been some discussion on this on our Jat History discussion group, which is also open to non jats.

All are welcome

See message # 380, of the Jat history list URL below.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JatHistory/message/380

Ravi Chaudhary

kharub
April 3rd, 2003, 07:17 AM
Mr Sangwan,

I took some time to reply but i wanted to give you the most credible informaion.

Yes, as Ravi Ji mentioned this is not only based on similarity in names,

The Kharub Gotra found in the Middle East belong to what they called the Guti or Zuti tribe, the another credible proof that links this tribe to us is that there are other Jat Gotras like Hooda quite common in this clan.

The people belonging to this tribe also use Al-Hindi as family name, Al-Hindi means from the land of Hind i.e. India.

If u have any other queries please let me know.

VJ Kharub