PDA

View Full Version : DAV High School Hassangarh[rohtak]

devdahiya
January 5th, 2005, 08:45 AM
I did my 10th from this school in 1975.It was a school with a difference.Teachers were outstanding and management effective.This school shaped many a lives.Atleast our family will always remain indebted to the school.My special thanks is long over due for the manager shri lachhman singh ji,headmaster sh. laxman singh ji,teachers like late sh. sultan singh dahiya[Rohna],mr khatri[tikari], sh maha singh rana[kundal],sh harpal singh[poonth kalan],mr chintamani[UP] and many others.

I am out of touch from the school for a long time now and hence will be greatful to members if anyone can update me about the present state of affairs in this school.

regards

DEV

jagmohan
January 5th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Dear Dev,

This is exactly the problem. All those who benefited from schools, as wonderful as the one you have mentioned, never returned the favor. Please don't take this personally. Many of us, including me, who proudly say that they are the products of a village or small town school, never do any thing for the betterment or maintenance of the same old good standards. We all move on in life and remember the good old school only when we discuss such issues on JATLAND or to impress an audience.

May I suggest to you a very simple formula. It is the best way to give something back to your school. First and foremost plan a visit at the first available opportunity. And when you do so, identify the poorest of the poor student. Meet his parents and motivate them to ensure that the child (it would be better if it is a girl child) should not give up studies under any circumstances. And tell them that you will take care of the education expenses till he/she completes 10+2. This would be the most appropriate offering to an alam matar.

And if we can do one such act each then we don't need to discuss grandiose plans. missions and visions for the betterment of our less fortunate brothers and sisters.

Dahiya Saheb, once again I request you not to take this personally. We all are well meaning people who can and will make a difference, big or small is immaterial.

Regards,

JS Malik

devdahiya
January 5th, 2005, 01:01 PM
DEAR JAGMOHAN SIR,

I agree with every thing you said.It is my stupidity that i visited the school thrice after passing out and last time i visited was in 1999.I did meet ch lachhman singh ji and laxman singh ji,but now i will visit the school very shortly and heed your advise.

REGARDS

DEV

jagmohan
January 5th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Dear Dev,

Thanks for the understanding and magnanimity.

I just want to forewarn you that it won't be easy to do what I have suggested, especially if the child happens to be from a JAT family. The reason is very simple. Such acts are not taken in the right spirit by people. The reactions you would get will be disheartening and may even put you off. Be prepared to hear things like: "Tu apne aap ne ghanaa Dhanna Seth laa ryaa hai" or "Mhari chinta mannya kare bhai, apnyaa ne padhaa le" etc. I am telling because I have experienced it. But don't give up and I am sure you would be able to succeed in making the difference in the life of ONE more person.

Regards,

JS Malik