PDA

View Full Version : Jat History

rkumar
March 30th, 2003, 08:28 PM
It is really interesting to read messages on Jat history. I often look at atlas for city names similar to the names we have in our jat belt. In Denmark they have two provinces called North and Soth Jut Land. I came acroos gills in Ireland also. In my own village (Simbhalka, Muzaffar Nagar) we have a family of gillis and for a long time I did not know why they were called Gillis. It is interesting to know that there are gillis in Iran also. It may be interesting to see some day geographic distribution of jats, gotra wise in world.. Hope some one will take this task and do a wonderful service to the community.

vivek
March 31st, 2003, 04:19 AM
Well, there are Tomars in Sweden...but I doubt its more than a coincidence. Supposedly, Dilli was established by a Tomar...but the Rajput variety. My Grandfather, who was a little bit into familial history mentioned that our ancestors came to West UP from Madhya Pradesh (Gwalior) about 200 years ago, and before that we used to live around Sind and beyond. He passed away before I grew up and could quiz him further....but that's the tale passed around verbally anyways.

Rajendra Kumar Kalkhunde (Mar 30, 2003 09:58 a.m.):
It is really interesting to read messages on Jat history. I often look at atlas for city names similar to the names we have in our jat belt. In Denmark they have two provinces called North and Soth Jut Land. I came acroos gills in Ireland also. In my own village (Simbhalka, Muzaffar Nagar) we have a family of gillis and for a long time I did not know why they were called Gillis. It is interesting to know that there are gillis in Iran also. It may be interesting to see some day geographic distribution of jats, gotra wise in world.. Hope some one will take this task and do a wonderful service to the community.

rsdalal
March 31st, 2003, 07:17 AM
One long distance telemarker call from canada. During conversation when he asked my name, He assumed that I am from Middle east, I said no, I am from India. On that he said he is from middle east and they have the same last name there.
I think no link, but just coincidence