PDA

View Full Version : **SWADESH, a really heart-touching movie, a must see—Jit**

cooljat
January 6th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Hi! ppl,
Ram ram,

Just seen Swadesh movie today n I’m too much impressed with it but I wonder why nobody is talking about this really great movie on Jatland while ppl here were showing keen interest in insignificant movies like ‘Veer-Zara’, quite strange…

Anyways, I would like to appreciate this really worthwhile sensible movie from the bottom of my heart….I really liked the theme of the movie n the message it passes.

The most outstanding part of the movie as I felt was it realistic, earthy n unfussiness appeal…it doesn’t contains any rubbish vulgarity nor any fancy or ridiculous things.
The background music, songs, lyrics all was wonderful….n all in all, the movie is a must see….

The main attraction of movie for me was its heroine ‘Gayatri Joshi’....she looked so simple, soothing, elegant, nice n heart-touching really hard to explain in words….her mesmerizing magnetic beauty n simplicity just took my breath away….really haven’t seen a more beautiful n perfect gentle lady in my whole life. I really do admire her simplicity, dress sense n she also performed really well thro’ her facial expressions n eyes, never felt like it was her first movie, I wish she stick to this simplicity n elegance in future n wish her all the best. Some one said quite worthwhile that Simplicity is the best ornament one can wear…

I wonder why sensible n really worthy movies like this never does well on box-office…I feel most ppl r not worth enough to watch such higher grade movies. Although I’m not a movie buff but still I do wanna consider that I found only 2 movies in 2004 worth watchable…first one was “Lakshya”, a movie about ABCD (American born confused desi) youth of India & remaining one is this, ’Swadesh’, a movie about brain drain n about the home country n ppl….

So I’m not a good writer but feeling so much in heart but run outta words thus stopping rightnow, u ppl just watch this beautiful movie n add ur verdicts n comments here…

Btw, one question for all, why brain drain is still happening to India, why ??????

That’s all for now,

Bye n take care,

Rock on,
Jit.

anilkc
January 6th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Jit Bhai,
I dont know why it flopped..probabily no one wants to confront the reality.
I did advise everyone to see the movie here:
http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6963

also read,
http://www.indianexpress.com/full_story.php?content_id=62136&headline=NRIs~who’ve~returned~and~settled~in~suc cessfully

uday
January 6th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Thanks for sharing feedback 'bout movie.

For me ...A movie is a time pass for certain period. depends on its reel's meter length..say 1 hr to4 hrs.. (Angrezi,Hindi or any lingo movie).

Vaisey,every single movie, depends on individual .... how he \ she likes it.
Jaab aap sarey bhai log kuch jyada tareef kar do gey to dekhney ki bhi soch lyaangey..
BTW isi site ke puraaney responses ki vajah se I haven't seen veer-jaara.. Thanks evrybody for saving my " ticket" money :p ;) :) :p

Till then
stay tuned.
Uday

cooljat
January 10th, 2005, 05:40 AM
yup! a question for all....
how many of u have seen this really outstanding movie???
I guess not many of them.....that's why it got floped :confused: :( :( :mad:
bhai logon, this movie is quite worthwhile n certainly a must watch for every Indian....specially u NRI's ......

come on, guys invest ur spare time n wtach Swadesh.....n add ur verdict right here...

waiting.....

rock on,
Jit

vikrantsiwag
January 10th, 2005, 11:34 AM
hi everyone.Yes Jitender bhai.i saw this movie right on the first day of its release,and fortunately,as it was first day show was housefull.But i too think it passes a very good message and its a must watch.But there are also reasons why it failed to perform.It has few loopholes in the story and the main problem is the length ,it is very lengthy and runs quite slowly...

But however,its a nice movie to watch....

anujkadyan
January 11th, 2005, 05:47 PM
hi all,
you are right jit the movie was really good. It is not something new which it brings to focus.. its just that when you are so engrossed in the movie and then u see the same reality (which you see in your life everyday anyway..) it leaves a much bigger impact on our minds..

Yes true it is a bit long and all.. but still it is good..