PDA

View Full Version : Who Are Brahmans??????

rkumar
April 6th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Most Brahmans say that they are sons of Rishis. How much truth is in this? I look at this in my own way... Education was not a priority in olden days and therefore very few really intelligent childern were encourged to undertake this activity. Rishis who used to come and collect alm in those days must be intiating the parents to send the child to their ashram for education. I am sure the words like Bhardwaj, Bhatt, etc must be nothing more than like what we have gharanas of musicians these days and the desciples studying there must have been called by such titles...same way as we call even now people by the name of their villages...(chautala, barnala, mangeshkar....)..So to me these brahmans are none other than our own childern who got educated in ashrams of rishis and then were called by these unique titles...My point can be justified further when most hindu families in Punjab started having a child in the family as sikh...and as time went on these our own brothers and sons, started thinking that they are superior to us and wrote against us...
after all we all have to have same biological origin... All written history may be just cover up to show that Brahmans are different...

let me know what members have to say?

Rajendra