PDA

View Full Version : Do We Have A Jat Museum Anywhere.....??

devdahiya
January 12th, 2005, 07:12 AM
DEAR MEMBERS,

Can somebody inform me about any jat museum ever created and it's location[if any].I wish to explore the posibility of having one at a central place in Haryana.Any suggestions??

DEV

uday
January 12th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Mastishk pattel per kuch dhoondlee se yaadain hai.. ( 29 yrs. back )

I'nk I had seen ... some sort of museum... in Gurukul Jhajjar. Aisa kuch kuch yaad aata hai mujhey. Can someone pls. flash on museum at G.K. Jhajjar, if any ?

------------------------
(During my childhood I got chance to visit Gurukul Jhajjar along with my Father..but I still remember their privileged atthitya satkar towards me..Tardaya aud desi Gavdee ka Nikhdu dhood + chinni ...
Instead of jug and glass they use to serve in Balti and baddey ala mug.. that I can never forget in my life !!).

Regards
Uday

ramsarya
January 12th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Dear Dev & Uday:
Gurukul Jhajjar is not a jat museum per se. They have a lot of great and varied collections of paintings, pottery, coins and books by late Swami ji. Since his death, it is under neglect. It needs to be catalogued and properly displayed, that means needs a curator who knows. In the collection, they do have some items related to jat history, mainly recent ones. I think that can be a good start. And Uday, they still give you Gavdee ka doodh but not in Balti anymore.

uday
January 12th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Respected Aryaji,
Thanks for update.

Regards
Uday

sansanwalamit
January 13th, 2005, 07:23 AM
the town of Bharatpur is a museum in itself especially the fort, and Deeg Palaces are better than even any museum

devdahiya
September 10th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Is it possibble to creat a museum for the things vanishing? What will be the problem areas if one has to undertake such a journey? Do comment please.

spdeshwal
September 11th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Dear Dahiyaji, I know one gentleman who can be of great help to sep up and organise something of this nature. His name is Raghuender Malik, elder brother of our Harvinder Malik. He had been organising exibitions on cultural heritage of Haryana. He had a good collection of implements, pottery and various remains of old artistic goods. He lives in Rohtak and looks after his beautiful nursery at Hisar byepass.

devdahiya
September 11th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Dear Dahiyaji, I know one gentleman who can be of great help to sep up and organise something of this nature. His name is Raghuender Malik, elder brother of our Harvinder Malik. He had been organising exibitions on cultural heritage of Haryana. He had a good collection of implements, pottery and various remains of old artistic goods. He lives in Rohtak and looks after his beautiful nursery at Hisar byepass.

Thanx for the useful info Sateypal ji. I will get in touch.