PDA

View Full Version : Today Is Our Army Day

devdahiya
January 15th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Today is ARMY DAY and on this occassion OUR HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES TO OUR ARMY MEN IN GENERAL AND JAT FAUJIS in particular...................God Speed....!

jagmohan
January 15th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Army Day is celebrated to commemorate the appointment of General (later Field Marshal) Cariappa as Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army.

I too wish all men and women in the olive greens a very happy Army Day. Time to rededicate and ensure that Army Service regains its past glory and emerges as a 'Way of Life' yet again and not reduced to a mere 'Job', like any other.

Army Day will be celebrated through out the country, from Siachen Glacier to Army Parade Grounds in Delhi, by a series of programmes like Parades, 'Badakhanas' & laying wreathes at 'War Memorials'. Ex-Servicemen too are invited for Cocktails and Dinner at various Military Stations.

kulwant
January 15th, 2005, 12:37 PM
My best wishes to all in uniform and ex-servicemen

scsheorayan
January 15th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Best wishes to all Army personnel. God be with you always.

uday
January 16th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Best Wishes from deep corner of my heart.

Uday

devdahiya
January 15th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Our best wishes to all ARMY MEN serving and retired on the occassion of ARMY DAY today. God bless the soldier!

downtoearth
January 15th, 2006, 10:49 AM
"A man's bone and skin can be burned away into powder and ash, but what's left is without form. Courage, duty and honor have no permanent home."

our best wishes on army day

dahiyarules
January 15th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Military and Patriotism

Today is the Army Day in India. It is celebrated to commemorate the appointment of General Cariappa as the Commander-in-chief of the Indian Army.

Once again I am writing about an issue that is very close to my heart. Almost all men in my family right down to my parents’ generation have served in the military. My brother serves on active duty in the US Navy. Even my mother is a civilian employee in the Air Force. I was raised in a military environment. There were dinner table discussions about issues related to the military. We would spend our vacations at our cousins’ places who lived in some or the other exotic corner of India because of their father’s transfers. I would see the Physician at the local Armed Forces Clinic every time I was down with one of those symptoms. Loyalty and gratefulness for the military were one of the greatest elements of my upbringing.

I have revisited my opinion on Armed Forces recently. Not to my surprise, my opinion on the Armed Forces has changed a lot along with my opinion on pretty much everything else concerning our society.

Human beings have fought each other over social dominance. The fight has evolved a lot over the times. The first ever fight between human beings was between just two of them. The two they were joined by others who took respective sides. These groups evolved into armies. During Ancient times, despotic rulers maintained large armies to help them with their quest for power. These armies helped them with overseas conquests and in controlling power back home. Foreign invaders were fought on one hand, while domestic rebellions were crushed on the other hand. Armies helped in the rise of empires. When empire-building came to a standstill, these Armies helped spread the “word of god.” Millions who refused to accept someone’s god were slaughtered. Others crusaded to keep the “holy land” from falling in the hands of infidels. There were others who were not interested in either “empire-building” or spreading the “word of god.” So Jhengiz Khan opened the flood gates of “rivers of blood” as his armies robbed and pillaged their way across the globe. Armies helped Abraham Lincoln to keep the union from breaking up, under the pretext of “liberation of slaves.” As times advanced, Armies helped mental freaks like Adolph Hitler to purge their population. The legacy of mental illness was carried forward by rulers like Pol Pot and Saddam Hussein who used military force against their own people who refused to agree with them.

That was one way of looking at the contribution of the Armies in the destruction of human civilization over the ages. But, I am sure the Muslim Invaders told their people back home that all they were doing was spread the word of “Allah.” The crusaders told the people back in Europe that they were fighting for Christ. People back in Mongolia hardly gave a thought about the “rivers of blood,” as caskets full of booty came in. The “civilized north” was too anxious to liberate the “enslaved south.” Pol Pot was only fighting the spread of “western ideology.” Saddam Hussein was just killing the treacherous Shias and Kurds who dared to ally with the enemy. This is how the Government’s want you to think about their military’s actions.
Governments want the military to be viewed in a positive light at home. This is just a cover for the Governments’ subversive activities. Military is a tool of the government to conquer and control. While citizens at home view the military for protecting their freedoms, militaries’ actions are the cause of loss of liberty of people somewhere else.

In many cases citizens volunteer to serve in the military, while in other cases they get drafted. Those who volunteer have their reasons to “serve and protect” their country. Unfortunately, these volunteers just fall for the Governments’ propaganda. They are helping the Government suppress liberty if not at home then overseas. When a major proportion a country’s population refuses to volunteer, the Government flexes its muscle and forces them to serve by drafting them. If the military’s cause was so supreme, then why does Government have to force people to serve such a cause?

I am sure that Hitler could not have brought the catastrophe upon Germany all on his own. Fidel Castro and Che Guevara would not have been able to rid Cuba of all liberty without their Army of rebels. I am sure that Taliban would not have been able to take over entire Afghanistan and enforce “Mohammad’s preaching” upon the “people.” I am also sure that Bin Laden would not have been who he is, without his Army of radicals.

Armies help despots. They seldom protect Liberty and welfare. They are behemoth “tax guzzling machines.” Military usually consumes a major portion of the tax pool of most countries. Their existence usually comes at a great cost to human survival. Kalashnikov toting Government soldiers around starving children are a common sight it most African nations. Weren’t these Governments supposed to “feed and cover their people?” Instead, they are more eager to maintain standing Armies. The priority of the Government to conquer and control stumps their priority to feed and cover their people, if it even exists in the first place.

The same Army that supposedly protects your liberty and welfare is the cause of suffering and destruction somewhere else. It is the moral duty of every civilized being to denounce all suffering and destruction caused to other fellow beings. It could happen to anyone some day. In the US, a country that was supposed to be the safest country in the world, those who worked in the twin towers and the Pentagon on the fateful morning of September 11th 2001, fell victim to the evil capabilities of despots. No one is safe from the destructive potential of military, organized or unorganized.

By now you must have realized that I have come a long way from having a soft corner for the military. There is nothing patriotic about supporting the military. We contradict ourselves every time we salute our men and women in uniform, while we scorn at the killer in a court room. We contradict ourselves again when we say that we love peace, but we refuse to object the militaries’ actions that are the supreme cause of disruption of peace all around the world. These men and women are put in uniform to kill and destroy. Military is nothing but a large scale “murder industry.” It has brought immense travesty upon the human race over the ages. As responsible beings, we must resist from serving in the military in any capability or support it in any form. The world will never live in peace as long as it is controlled by the military. Peace is the sweet potion that no one has ever experienced at least in the recorded human history, because the military has always been “doing its job” in some part of the world.

On this Army Day, let us all come together and join the cause to denounce the military. If you are really concerned about the world that you will leave behind for the future generations, you must be very concerned about the military by now. The only world I would prefer to leave behind for the future generation would be a world free of all military, and full of hope and opportunity for the advancement of the human race. Would you like to share this vision with me?

My articles can also be found on my own personal blog at: www.sumitdahiya.com

sjakhars
January 15th, 2006, 02:23 PM
sabhi fauji bhaion aur ex-fauji bhaion ko Salute.
The army day is being celebrated in newly created command in Jaipur first time this year.

Jai HInd.

scsheorayan
January 15th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Best Wishes to all Army personnel their family,friends and relatives.:)

rkumar
January 15th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Best wishes to all our jawanas and officers from armed forces. Let us take a pledge to stand by them all during war and peace time.

Rajendra

jitendershooda
January 15th, 2006, 03:04 PM
I have read one small kahavat type:

"Ek baar parvati ne shiv se poocha ki swami .... Devta bhi aa gae, Danav , Manav ..sab aache bure ...koe aisi hasti bhi banao jo in sabse upar ho ...then comes .... DeshBhakt(most of the defence ppl are living so hard lives only to save nation).

ARMY DAY par ARMY pesonnels(in service/retired) ko SAT SAT PRANAM.

spdeshwal
January 15th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Congratulations and best wishes to all Serving and Retired Army Personnel on the occasion of Army Day!