PDA

View Full Version : want to know more about ERP and SAP

deepakdahiya
January 17th, 2005, 01:34 PM
i am doing MBA and want to join a ERP,SAP course.
so, please help me to know more about the course...
institute carried the following courses and its charges, centre in delhi
is it help me to get a good job..and its future prospects

thanks
deepak dahiya

narender
February 19th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I am presently working in SAP but cant uderstand what all they may be teaching you in SAP training which can be used by a MBA student other than the concepts of ERP.
Do they teach ABAP or about user interface?

vfoggy
April 13th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Hi Deepak,

I am also in to ERP but not SAP. I work as the sales manager for a NYSE listed company called Epicor Software corporation. I am based in Dubai.
Actually on broad terms, ERP jobs can be classified into three categories.
1. Sales & Pre sales activities
2. Consulting, technical and implementing activities (you need to have some business or functional background for this like a logistics or a finance expert or a Supply chain or manufacturing expert. All of these can then be further classified.)
3. Support services.

The choice of your career would depend on your skill sets.

The ERP market is divided into three categories.
1. TIER 1 Applications: SAP and Oracle etc.
2. TTIER 2 Applications: MBS, Epicor, Accpacc, Sage etc.
3. TIER 3: Local and small applications.

The way of working and the job profiles of the above categories can varry based on which TIER application you choose to work for.

I would be more than willing to provide any more help that you might want.
You can mail me on fogat@eim.ae

Regards
Vineet

singh_avs
March 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM
hi,

SISL provides a 5 week intensive course on SAP related to technical (ABAP) or functional (FICO/HR/CRM/...) but it is very expensive but they do cover your certification cost also.
There are others also which provide at lot lower cost and their adv. can be found in any local daily.
All these institues promise employement after course but all are false. If you have prior good domain experince like finance, hr etc. you hold good chance after doing these courses are they are just enhancement of your skill set.
SAP's SCM is doing well these days so is CRM.
Don't rely on them for eduction you need to find one yourself. These days market is good they might be able to get u one.

regards,
Aditya

sandeepbalyan
March 13th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Hi,

You can check cdac noida also they do provide SAP training.

thanks
Sandeep

satyakarwasra
April 1st, 2006, 05:28 PM
I am also working in SAP(ABAP,HR ABAP,SD) for quite some time.
The knowledge in SAP is rare and too costly.
I have come to know that Siemens offers courses at 2.5L + taxes.
You can also look for some other good centers Like Sharthi,Maars,Reliance,Magnus...
The right training is a good investment to boost your skills and ensure successful implementations.
Also that There are SAP CBTs(Computer based Tutorials) available in the market by which you can learn SAP on your own.