May 7th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Professor Bal Kishan Dabas wrote an excellent book, -

POLITICAL AND SOCIAL HISTORY OF THE JATS
Bal Kishan Dabas

The price id Rs 450.00

Available from: DK Publishers, Daryaganj, and New Delhi

www.dkpd.com

Professor Dabas taught for some time in Shivaji College, New Delhi

I have been trying to find him, but without any luck.

Could someone help to contact him? Telephone number, E mail address etc

Ravi

rsdalal
May 8th, 2003, 06:21 PM
It is available in public lib here in USA. Just request with the name and publisher and they will get you on loan for few weeks.....
Good Book and good information about Khap panchayats....

ravichaudhary
May 8th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks Ranvir

Very Useful Information.

Do you or anyone else know how to contact Dr Dabas?

Ravi

akdabas
May 9th, 2003, 04:39 AM
Ravi Sir,

I will try to find out the contact details of Professor Dabas. One of my cousin goes to Shivaji college everyday. He can inquire from the college office there.

I would ask him and let you know.

ravichaudhary
May 10th, 2003, 01:07 AM
Ashok Kumar Dabas (May 08, 2003 07:09 p.m.):
Ravi Sir,

I will try to find out the contact details of Professor Dabas. One of my cousin goes to Shivaji college everyday. He can inquire from the college office there.

I would ask him and let you know.

Ashok

That would be very kind of you.

Thank you very much

Ravi

vinodks
July 5th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Hi, I recently received this book... its good book but starts the political history of Jats with Bharatpur house like Qanungo's book... there are some glaring spelling mistakes too... we need to help such efforts of publishing books so that such mistakes are minimised because it doesn;t look very professional...

Raviji, did you get chance to contact Prof Bal Krishan Dabas... It would be good to involve him in Jat history group...

Its surprising to see that lots of Jat history books are available on University of Washington library... there might some chair on asian ethnic study...

-vinod

sktewatia
July 9th, 2006, 09:58 PM
Vinidji, I'm getting this phone number 91-11-2518-2578 it is in Nangloi village in Delhi of Bal Kishan Dabas. I feel he's same that you are looking for. Right now its coming busy. I've to move out. You can please try.

vinodks
July 10th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Tewatiaji, thanks but number doesn't seem to be right... could you plz try from there and see if its correct... you are doing good work in gathering contact info of people...

-vinod

Vinidji, I'm getting this phone number 91-11-2518-2578 it is in Nangloi village in Delhi of Bal Kishan Dabas. I feel he's same that you are looking for. Right now its coming busy. I've to move out. You can please try.

sktewatia
July 13th, 2006, 12:33 AM
vinodji,

I recollect that Prof. Dabas used to write, in Suraj-Sujan patrika/souvenir of Surajmal Society about 22 years back. He wrote on Auranzeb n Jats in his time. I'll keep in mind n find him soon.