PDA

View Full Version : Ajay Singh High Commissioner of Fiji

ishwarlamba
January 25th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Congratulations to Sh Ajay as the new Indian High Commissioner in Fiji. Ajay is a journilist by profession. Also he had been MP from Agra and Deputy Railway Minister in VP Singh govt. Ajay's wife is from Suva, Fiji.
His father Capt Bhagwan Singh IAS was also Indian High Commissioner in Fiji. His grand father Ch Biri Singh was a judge in Fiji and was friend of Sir Chottu Ram who lived together in Jat hostel in Agra.
His great grand father migrated to Fiji. Ch Nathan Singh from Vedic College Barot has written a book on life of Capt Bhagwan Singh, on reading this I got details of this Fiji based family.

regards

Ishwar Lamba

sumitpawar
January 25th, 2005, 07:29 PM
hello sir its really nice that our Ajay Singh ji got such a honourable post and one more good thing is that my family is very close to his family so even i know him personally and he is really a nice person :)

lrburdak
March 6th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Congratulations Ajay singh Ji

Thanks Lambaji for sharing such a useful information with the jatland members.

Ajay Singh ji is following the path of his father late Captain Bhagwan singh. Captain Bhagwan singh was also High Commissioner of FIJI. Captain Bhagwan singh has written a book titled MY FATHER'S LAND-FIJI. I have got a copy of it with me. Here is some excerpt from his book how his grand father moved to Fiji:

“ It was sheer fate which took my grandfather, Ram Chander Singh, and grandmother, Padam Kaur, to the shores of Fiji Islands in 1885. It was a move, which broke with the strict conservative traditions of north-India family.
…. Emigrant ships had been sailing to Natal, British Guyana, Trinidad, the West Indies, and Dutch, Spanish and French colonies for the past 60 years when the first emigrant ship to Fiji, “Lewidas”, arrived on the 15th of May, 1879. It added 498 more Indians to the nearly 340000 already living in other far-flung British colonies.
…..It was the same route that any traveler takes today, crossing almost 1300 kms across the Gangetic plain, passing through Kanpur, Allahabad, Varansi and Patna. It was this area, east of Agra, where the majority of their fellow labours in Fiji would come from…..”

Regards,