PDA

View Full Version : Mydream: A School For Rural Development

devdahiya
January 25th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Dear members,

I am seriously dreaming to start a school at Kharkhoda[Sonepat]...It will be a school with a differance.Here i am not talking of a school for regular classes but a school which will pick up bright boys and girls at an early age and prepare them for various competitions with a main thrust on spoken English.I wish to run classes after the normal school hours.This will be done on a nominal fee,affordable by the poorest of the poors.Priority will be given to Jat Children but bright shedule cast/shedule tribe children too will find their rightful place here.Inicially i wish to start with 40 children.I will invest my money and will request my close friends and family members incase i need their help.

In addition i wish to organise talks/small camps for the elderly people towards advising them on various SOCIAL ISSUES, Affecting our society.My wife who is an outstanding teacher[MA ENGLISH,B.ED] With 15 years teaching expirience has kindly consented to the noble cause.Also a few of my dear friends have assured me of their complete support for this venture.I only hope and pray to God that i can do it in most selfless manner!

I wish to start moving towards this venture in two years time from now but i am sanguine to realise my dream. Your advise/suggestons are most welcome

sunildahiya
January 25th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Dahiya ji

Main bhi aap ke saath hoon is project main.

jagmohan
January 25th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Dahiya Saheb,

All the very best for this wonderful venture.

Hopefully one day I would get a chance to visit the school and offer my two cent worth.

Regards,

JS Malik

uday
January 25th, 2005, 02:29 PM
My heartful wishes to you , Intentions are good.

In lighter mode School main nirmala-ranbir ke kissey kam sunana ;) ;)
Stay Tuned
Uday

rkumar
January 25th, 2005, 06:11 PM
It would be very useful. My best wishes are with you Dev..

RK^2

birbal
January 25th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Dahiyaji,

It is nice of you to undertake such a noble project. Since yoy have put this up on an open forum I would like to offer few suggestions.

First, please do not bring Caste into picture if you are committed to rural development. Leave the school open to all rural people and in fact, hope that the youngsters you help will be freed from the evil of Casteism. I look at this website from a completely different angle. It provides us with a forum to interact with people of similar background scattered around the world, but it does not prevent us from helping other people in our daily lives.

Second, do not limit it to bright girls and boys. My suggestion is to focus on the "Value Added" aspect. Many years ago, a friend of mine was the Dean of Faculty of Technology (lowest on the academic totem pole; in North America, the Faculty of Technology is for those who are not good enough to become Engineers) at Purdue University (one of the most famous in Engineering), and he used to say with great pride that what is the big deal when the Dean of Engineering talks of successes of his students because all of them were toppers to begin with, but I take in the bottom of high school graduates and they all go on to become productive, tax paying citizens, and if it were not for my faculty members, many of those students would end up in jail. So, real rural development is in helping all youngsters to become productive citizens.

Good luck in your efforts.

devdahiya
January 25th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Respected Dr Birbal Ji,

You hava a valid point,It has been noted and will be complied with. Thanks a ton.I will contact you in person also when i come to the bridge.

Warm regards

kulwant
January 25th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Sir
Its a Very noble idea....move ahead....wish you good luck

dev_sansanwal
January 25th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Best wishes for the noble cause.

dr.vinod
January 26th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Best wishes for the noble cause.
Dear Mr. Dahiya,
Good thought..........all the very best for your new proposed project.
Goodluck
Vinod

meenu_singhch
January 26th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Hello everybody...

First of all Happy Republic day to all of you...!!

Since a week i was thinking that there are so many well educated and sincere people here who all are settled in different parts of India and outside india...we all interact with each other and share our ideas here and help each other...but is there something we are seriously concern and doing something which can be benificial to our society...not just our society but to all.

What i think is that there should be some aim of our Jatland group towards which every member shoud actively participate...and Dev sir has put a very great idea towards that....
That has given a direction to my thinking....i m very much agreed with Dr. Birbal sir at the point of community....Any noble task which starts with any kind if differenciation can never do great....so it shoud be open to all not only for Jats ...

And i personally feel that i shoud actively participate towards this task...and i will feel very proud to be a part of this project...
so please consider me too as a part of your project....

Thanks n Regards,
Meenu

devdahiya
January 26th, 2005, 05:02 PM
My dear Meenu,

Thank you very much for encouraging words. If you see my original thread,I had clearly mentioned their in that SC/ST people will find there rightful place in this institute,so no one should have any misunderstanding on this but definitely my focus will be on have nots who cant afford quality education for their children.Through this i want to fulfill my dream of doing something to our people whom i love and adore,irrespective of their mindset.I have many fond memories of These very people who helped me in all good&bad times. I may not be able to repay their GOODNESS but before i breath my last,i will make sure that i pay part of it and i will run my dream project in absolutely Disciplined and Dedicated manner With no LALACH for MONEY or FAME.............I WILL MEAN BUSINESS.

MEENU THANX FOR GIVING ME ASSURANCE TOWARDS GETTING ASSOCIATED WITH IT and i will need people like you in realisation of my dream. My thanx is also due for SUNIL DAHIYA and all other respected members.I could start it early but my children are in 11th &12th Standard and hence PAHLLE INKO RASTA DIKHA DUUN TABB SABHI KE BARRE MEIN SOCHUUN. Thanx all.

For personal contact my link as under can be used:

dewdahiya@rediffmail.com

mayank_singh
January 27th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Very Good Dahiya Bhai

ramsarya
January 28th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Dear Mr. Dahiya: Very useful project for the community. Wish you the best. Do not be disheartened by some setbacks, which are part of anything worthwhile that you do. Good luck.