PDA

View Full Version : Is Jatland.com Up To It's Mission

devdahiya
January 22nd, 2005, 07:23 AM
DEAR MEMBERS,

Can somebody tell me the aim of our great site? I am confused about the whole concept of it.Is it a dookaan of a handfuls to impress the JATS or just a symbolic representation of JATS? WHAT ARE WE UP TO? As far as i am concerned,I find it like AN ELEPHANT RUNNING AMOKE.PLEASE COMMENT..............DON'T JUST READ AND GO? Why can't it be made more USEFUL AND PURPOSEFUL????????????????????????????????????

anilkc
January 26th, 2005, 09:29 PM
"The site is dedicated to providing the Jat community around the world with an online forum to interact and expand the community spirit."

what happens when we interact, is upto the us. Its just a tool, how we use it is upto us.

jagmohan
January 27th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Exactly.

And when we interact we come to know how people think and where would that thinking lead us to. May be some of us would end up learning few positives from each other along the way. It is quite possible that some of us already know each other and may be related too. Some may end up being related through this forum.

In my understanding I don't think the aim of this website is to mitigate the problems of JAT community. I wish it could.

Lastly, it is an individual's perception how to utilise this forum. I for one have been able to interact and meet some wonderful people through this forum. I laugh reading 'Desi' jokes and enjoy the occasional banter and leg pulling that goes on in good humor.

danarambeerda
January 27th, 2005, 07:22 PM
DEAR MEMBERS,

Can somebody tell me the aim of our great site? I am confused about the whole concept of it.Is it a dookaan of a handfuls to impress the JATS or just a symbolic representation of JATS? WHAT ARE WE UP TO? As far as i am concerned,I find it like AN ELEPHANT RUNNING AMOKE.PLEASE COMMENT..............DON'T JUST READ AND GO? Why can't it be made more USEFUL AND PURPOSEFUL????????????????????????????????????

Mujhe to ye web-site offices me kaam karne wale software freinds ke liye time pass ka jariya lag raha hai.....jo amrika, canada, england, mumbai, delhi or other metro city's me baithe hain. thats it.

hum sabko pata hai ki "KATHNI AUR KARANI ME FARK HOTA HAI"

YAHAN PE LIKHNE SE KYA HOTA HAI, HAI KOI MAI KA LAL JISNE SAMAJ KE LIYE KUCHH WASTAV ME KARKE DIKHAYA HO..... LIKHANE ME MERE KONSA BAAP KA JATA HAI....YE TO FREE HAI...

KOI POST LIKHTA HAI - PHIR MERE JAISE USKO AAGE BADHATE HAIN.....WELL DONE...GOOD.....SHOULD DO THIS.....MUST DO THAT......AND FINALLY END...

PLEASE DONT TAKE IT PERSONALLY, THATS WHAT I HAVE FOUND ON THIS WEB-SITE...

GALATI KE LIYE MAFI CHAHATA HUN, LEKIN YE HAKIKAT HAI.

WITH REGARDS

devdahiya
January 31st, 2005, 10:17 PM
Mujhe to ye web-site offices me kaam karne wale software freinds ke liye time pass ka jariya lag raha hai.....jo amrika, canada, england, mumbai, delhi or other metro city's me baithe hain. thats it.

YAHAN PE LIKHNE SE KYA HOTA HAI, HAI KOI MAI KA LAL JISNE SAMAJ KE LIYE KUCHH WASTAV ME KARKE DIKHAYA HO..... LIKHANE ME MERE KONSA BAAP KA JATA HAI....YE TO FREE HAI...

KOI POST LIKHTA HAI - PHIR MERE JAISE USKO AAGE BADHATE HAIN.....WELL DONE...GOOD.....SHOULD DO THIS.....MUST DO THAT......AND FINALLY END...

WITH REGARDS

My dear Dana ram ji,

You have a genuine and correct perception of things going on out here. For last 3-4 days even that git-pit-2 has also gone.People are not showing up.............It's not at all encouraging sign from any standard.Involvement.........A SINCERE AND SERIOUSE INVOLVEMENT OF administrators and worty members in a dignified manner with a sense of mutual respect seems to me the need of the hour..........otherwise the future seems bleek...........?????

WITH REGARDS

rkumar
January 31st, 2005, 11:03 PM
Website serves the purpose of bringing together the Jats of all type. Its upto us now how to use the site..If we can not use this opportunity properly, site can not be blamed for that.

Let us come out with ideas as to how this site can be used most effectively. Every memmber has to figure out as how he/ she wants to make best use of this medium. It takes good amount of time ofcourse to figure out that.

Rajendra

kulwant
February 1st, 2005, 11:07 AM
Danaram Bhai Sahab,

You are right to say that people come on this site to pass the time, but you will agree with me that there are other websites also where we can pass our time. Then why we visit this site so frequently, because through this site we feel attached to our community. Aur KAAM ke Beech mein Time pass karna bhi buri baat nahi hai.

You are also correct to say that"YAHAAN LIKHNE SE KUCHH NAHI HOTA".
As far as your concern about social service, I must say that according to Ability, Capability and Resources every person has his/her area of influence. You can find a person who has done some good for only a single person and same way you can find a person who might have done for 2,3,4,5,10,100,1000, for one community, for particular religion and so on......People get HIGHLIGHTED as per the degree of social service they have done. But...........
"We must not forget the contribution of the person who has helped only a single person, depending upon his/her ability, capability and resources."

What I feel about this site is that, its a very good plateform for interacting with JATS(online)....means its a good medium for interaction. Rest it depends upon the individuals how they contribute on this site through their "IDEAS"...for me a good theth joke in the Humour Section is also an excellent contribution.

WITH REGARDS

sunildahiya
February 1st, 2005, 11:39 AM
Dear Maj Sahab

I am fully agree with your's comments about jatland.On this site there are many flavours.

devdahiya
February 1st, 2005, 11:50 AM
This thread of mine lay in a corner for a long time.finally i find worthy members responding.Whole aim was precisely thet.Please keep it up! Your responses will do lots of good to the health of this great site.I alsofeel attached to the site more than any other site. Please flood it with valuable responses and suggestions..................Thanx one and all.

nikhil_raj
February 1st, 2005, 02:48 PM
This thread of mine lay in a corner for a long time.finally i find worthy members responding.Whole aim was precisely thet.Please keep it up! Your responses will do lots of good to the health of this great site.I alsofeel attached to the site more than any other site. Please flood it with valuable responses and suggestions..................Thanx one and all.

Hi Dev Dahiya,

Jats as a community are not a forward looking group. They tend to remain entrenched in mohallas, localities, small groups of people with infightings and vested interests. The basic reason is lack of education and social awareness.......... they are backward in many many ways. With the world moving into the 21st century and other communities doing far better than Jats, the future seems bleak.

A lot of fuss will be made about my comments too. Many will pledge their faith in the brilliance and unity of Jats and nothing concrete will emerge. Ask any fellow Jat if he has made any monetary contribution to any Jat Organization in the year 2004-05 worth mentioning and you will be surprised to receive his astonished looks. What? Why should I give money? Who needs money? If you don't believe me just ask a Jat friend to donate Rs.100 for any Jat Organisation. Go ahead and ask 1000 Jats to donate Rs.100. The response will be less than 0.01 percent. The chances are that you will be the only one ready to contribute. Does it show lack of pride for our Jat community and lack of self-esteem?

A parting thought! Has any thing concrete been achieved without financial support?

Everything else is just time pass........ So be happy and make merry while others make progress. Watch those gurudwaras and churches spring up in your localities and compare the works of Jat organizations. All an educated Jat can think of is joining some stupid Jat group so that he may find a suitable groom or bride for his children. Any thing beyond that.......... what? you are asking money for Jat welfare? Who cares?

Don't be hurt. But thats the truth.

Let others feel good about chatting and posting messages online. It gives them a false sense of achievement. Individually, many Jats may have achieved great heights, but as a community they sum up to Zero....

So, JAT is an endangered species. But, who cares for endangered species anymore?

Cheers, Nikhil Raj

devdahiya
February 1st, 2005, 02:58 PM
Hi Dev Dahiya,

Jats as a community are not a forward looking group. They tend to remain entrenched in mohallas, localities, small groups of people with infightings and vested interests. The basic reason is lack of education and social awareness.......... they are backward in many many ways. With the world moving into the 21st century and other communities doing far better than Jats, the future seems bleak.

A lot of fuss will be made about my comments too. Many will pledge their faith in the brilliance and unity of Jats and nothing concrete will emerge. Ask any fellow Jat if he has made any monetary contribution to any Jat Organization in the year 2004-05 worth mentioning and you will be surprised to receive his astonished looks. What? Why should I give money? Who needs money? If you don't believe me just ask a Jat friend to donate Rs.100 for any Jat Organisation. Go ahead and ask 1000 Jats to donate Rs.100. The

response will be less than 0.01 percent. The chances are that you will be the only one ready to contribute. Does it show lack of pride for our Jat community and lack of self-esteem?

A parting thought! Has any thing concrete been achieved without financial support?

Everything else is just time pass........ So be happy and make merry while others make progress. Watch those gurudwaras and churches spring up in your localities and compare the works of Jat organizations. All an educated Jat can think of is joining some stupid Jat group so that he may find a suitable groom or bride for his children. Any thing beyond that.......... what? you are asking money for Jat welfare? Who cares?

Let others feel good about chatting and posting messages online. It gives them a false sense of achievement. Individually, many Jats may have achieved great heights, but as a community they sum up to Zero....

So, JAT is an endangered species. But, who cares for endangered species anymore?

Cheers, Nikhil Raj

My dear Nikhil,

You are bang on target but then thats what we aim at but still you are very right dear.Situation is real bad and they don't wanna do anything about it...................thanx anyway.........stay tuned

rkumar
February 1st, 2005, 05:16 PM
Hi Dev Dahiya,

A lot of fuss will be made about my comments too. Many will pledge their faith in the brilliance and unity of Jats and nothing concrete will emerge. Ask any fellow Jat if he has made any monetary contribution to any Jat Organization in the year 2004-05 worth mentioning and you will be surprised to receive his astonished looks. What? Why should I give money? Who needs money? If you don't believe me just ask a Jat friend to donate Rs.100 for any Jat Organisation. Go ahead and ask 1000 Jats to donate Rs.100. The response will be less than 0.01 percent. The chances are that you will be the only one ready to contribute. Does it show lack of pride for our Jat community and lack of self-esteem?

Cheers, Nikhil Raj

Who will change the community ? Do we expect God to visit us and live among us to change our community ? In my view the ills of any society are not the illiterate ones. Its the so called educated ones who are to be blamed for most of the ills. I take my share of blame and which certainly I will correct before its too late in my life..spend time among your so called backward folks and do some thing...We had enough of analysis of our community...All we need is 25 committed Jats to change the face of community...

RK^2

devdahiya
February 1st, 2005, 07:43 PM
My dear Rajendra ji,

Are you sure that 25 of them will be able to do the job?

rkumar
February 1st, 2005, 07:49 PM
My dear Rajendra ji,

Are you sure that 25 of them will be able to do the job?

Yes 100% sure. Fully commited 25 Jats can move the Earth...

Rajendra

devdahiya
February 1st, 2005, 07:56 PM
My dear Rajendra ji,

Let us find 23 more?

shokeen123
February 1st, 2005, 08:38 PM
Dear all:

An obligation arising out of considerations of right and wrong is a right and duty of every Jatlander, young or old, rich or poor, highly educated or poorly literate. With that distinction clear we must bear in mind that within this cohort exist people marked by refinement in taste and manners as well as elements offensive to moral sensibilities and injurious to individual reputation. Who these people are is well known to our keen senses. However, by any stretch of imagination, no one, no single entity should have the right to indiscriminately bar a member, or delete a post. With that understanding it is also incumbent upon the members to post language only acceptable to the big family (attention Sonali). Personal attacks on any one, of any kind should be out of norm for this forum. And since we are talking about decorum there has also been an undercurrent of dissatisfaction among members, who, unable to offer or implement recommendations tend to move on. If I may, I would like to elaborate on a few pointers from a fair and equitable mind.

True we need decorum on the community Chaupal, and I reluctantly admit that I hate Tsunami er….Sonali's guts for her ignominious expressions quite not palatable to the Jatlanders, but how many of you out there are persons of exceptional holiness in the ranks of Saint Francis or Mother Teresa? One should have witnessed the frenzy the moment avatar Sonali reincarnated with her alluring and enchanting enigma. We have double standards, and as the famous saying goes, we want to eat as well as have the cake, a fact ever so eccentric to the human nature. Why then is it that the decorum in such instances suddenly becomes the holly grail? We know how to pick a lathi or a hoe at the slightest conflict but we have not learned to contain our emotions. Then who the hell are we to even remotely imply ownership of the community or to strip someone of their social rights?

We take charge of morality without any hesitation and demand accountability without any attention to our own drawbacks, and therefore it comes easily to us to label someone as a hypocrite or insensitive, or to slap someone on the wrist. Quite frankly some of you have surrendered your dignity simply to be "eligible" for the Jatland membership. Some of you in position to open your mouth keep quite no matter what! That is indeed pathetic. Think for a moment -- would you not be able to live your lives without the daily dose of Jatland or would you disappear from face of the earth? Jatland or not, life will go on, no one is indispensable. I for one emphatically endorse that freedom of speech doesn't call for indiscriminate use of language such as sometimes used by Sonali but if I am correct, despite her rotten phraseology she makes more sense in principle than some of you. She is downright funny and makes us laugh just as she nauseates us with her sometimes offendish belligerence. And that's the problem with Sonali; she gets misunderstood for her unruly cyber appearance. But she is far bolder than some of you ever will be, with your entire intellectual and educational arsenal. I think you should be willing to see beyond the surface. Fine, go ahead, remove Sonali, but be willing to promise sacrosanctity of the site from here on, in every which way.

On an equally important note there is something else that must be expressed. Recently, as the snowflakes swirled around the barbed wire of Auschwitz, in Poland, and a shrill train whistle pierced the silence as frail survivors remembered the victims of the Holocaust, on the 60th anniversary, I was reminded of the meaning of freedom, and the horrors of suffocation evermore. To me suffocation takes a different form of meaning -- perhaps it stems from the rigid village upbringing -- one could be free as a bird yet feel caged. Have you ever seen a bird with clipped wings fly? Why are so many people feeling suffocated on Jatland? Or is it just my feeling in which case my apologies.

Although I would not personally apply any label to the administrator, but for people to have drawn certain conclusion (monopoly), there sure must be a reasonable doubt in people's minds -- whether it is from a concern out of substandard appearance of the site lately, or driven by the feeling of suffocation, whatever way you look at it, either scenario is dangerous. And whatever the moral dilemma, the word dictatorship doesn't resonate well in the hearts and minds of free people and free society. Let us agree on some principles, let us be more liberated and accommodating, and spell out the do's and don'ts on Jatland as ground rules. Nonetheless, any such assessment or evaluation (mediation) must be equitable and in sync with the community consensus, clearly and visibly defined; because in absence of such a freedom it does begin to feel like Taliban and or Guantanemo Bay like regime, the one I particularly don't subscribe to. Democracy cannot be altered to suit convenience, it is a concept as clear as black and white, and there is no gray in between. Perhaps a few noteworthy, sound, and balance-minded people with experience of life; mature outlook, and a generous proportion of humility and magnanimity should take this daunting task of peace making. Whatever happened to Shubha Chandji, Budh Nashier, Col. Malik, Neeraj Vedwan, Vivek Tomer, Dr. Birbal, Ompatiji, Ram Aryaji, RK Shehrawat, Dr. RS Dahiya, Bamal and a large contingency of brilliant minded youngsters with fair and moderate views? I have observed them to be contributing actively and not get swayed by impulse, or compromise principles. That does not in any way shape or form imply others to be of inferior quality, or being unethical. For once I have concurrence with Mr. Kulkhande about the Sonali fiasco; she is not all that monstrous you have made her seem to be.

Why do I sound like a southern Baptist preacher? Because conscience is everyone's responsibility and if I didn't speak I would be a liar…Sorry about the long lecture. Finally, if this post or my membership is deleted it will not terribly upset me. I can live without Jatland reluctantly though, but I cannot live without truth. Besides, I was on my way out anyway… I have found my calling, hope you all will too!

A final thought:

"Practice subordination of the interests of the individual to the interests of the community systematically, until it becomes a habit." (Sir Chhotu Ram)

Sujata

devdahiya
February 1st, 2005, 08:54 PM
MY DEAR SUJATA JI,

EACH LETTER OF YOUR POST IS A PERFACT INDICATOR AND POINTER TO THE BULL's EYE.PLEASE STAY AMONG US IRRESPECTIVE OF DELIMAS.

WARM REGARDS

kulwant
February 1st, 2005, 09:01 PM
Sujata Ji,

Every society has its own social standards and following those standards doesnt make a person weak.

If speaking against a thing which appears to be not conforming to the social norms means cowardice......then i will prefer to be called a coward.

Again, if writing such material put a person in the category of Bold, i will prefer to be called a Coward here too.

During this whole episode my main concern has been about the "IDENTITY".

devdahiya
February 1st, 2005, 09:04 PM
My dear Kulwant,

PLease don't take it personal.............my request.

REGARDS

kulwant
February 1st, 2005, 09:10 PM
Sir I wish if Sujati Ji had read all that what happened just a while ago.

My dear Kulwant,

PLease don't take it personal.............my request.

REGARDS

devdahiya
February 1st, 2005, 09:17 PM
MY DEAR KULWANT,

I fully appreciate your concerns and dammaging post sent by some idiot............but then we know that you are a wonderful human being and you are nowhere near those attributes.Sujata ji has not written anything against you. Please take it cool.

shokeen123
February 1st, 2005, 09:26 PM
Dear Kulwant:

First of all, I respect you as an honorable soldier from my homeland. Secondly, I concur with you about Sonali, and haven’t’ spared her with my criticism at all. But I do know her to be a better person than what she appears on the forum. I beg her to be part of the strength of the voice of people here rather than become a sideline.

I am glad you brought up the identity issue. Sujata is not my real name either, ever wondered why? Here is why: At the inception of the site all of my personal information was posted on the profile. One day I got an email (at work) from an idiot who pretended to live nearby (Washington DC) and wanted to associate with me and my family as Jat brethren. He addressed himself as “Rohtakiya” and that was all I knew about him. I, on the other hand true to our Jat nature treated him with utmost respect and gave out all of my information as to where I worked, what my husband did, how many and how old my children were; and where we lived. A few days later I got his email response yet with a conspicuous mention of that single word “Rohtakiya” without ever divulging any of his information. At this point I raised hell and confronted him as any Jat woman would. I was able to Google his real identity. Guess what, “meri maa ka Jaaya” had placed an ad in the newspaper to sublet his apartment, and there one could find enough information on him to be able to do DNA. He had written “We are a couple looking for sublet etc...” One could find his marital status, where he lived, his telephone number, directions to his apartment (including subway route) and the whole nine yard. I pretended as a prospective tenant and called at the number provided; and lo and behold the wife picked up the phone! I wondered why a Jat brother would give all his personal detail to the newspaper for the entire America but would suddenly become so secretive with a Jat sister? So that was the day I removed my entire information, and created a fictional name. People near and dear to me (quite a few thanks to Jatland) have access to my personal information. Believe me, I happen to know many friends through Jatland of exceptional caliber. I just hate peeping Toms who take Jat women members for granted.

Sonali’s foul language is not worthy of applaud, but that’s something she has to decide. I hope I have dispelled some of your misunderstanding about identity. And no, you are not a coward, its proud people like you who teach us all about bravery and many good things in life.

With kind regards,

Sujata

rkumar
February 1st, 2005, 09:29 PM
[COLOR=Navy]I am sorry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear administrator and everyone,
I am very sorry, I apologise for my cheap behaviour under the guise of Sonali, Niti,Davy and some more fake identities
Please accpet my apologies and do not keep any hard feelings regarding whatever was said and done.
Just recently my my medical reports showed that I am Schizophernic with many other mental disorders such as critical Attention Deficit Disorder.
Thus, I hope you will try to forget whatever happened, because after all I am sick and very soon you will not see me around as I will be on my way to some institution where I belong.
Many Freudian Psychologists would give you many reasons for my sickness such as a bad or totlly absent sex life, bad childhood, impoverished background, lack of support, peer pressure etc.
And they are all true, I have reached such a critical stage that distinguishing between reality and fantasy is next to impossible now.
Its just because of my extra strong medication and meditation that I could write all this and admit everything, but I can see my other made up perosnalities taking over me, I wont be able to write further and might start writing again under above mentioned personalities......please excuse me
excuse my sickness and I will even take lobotomy to get rid of this........I need help.....

Once again I am sorry and writing under total disgust..better you all look at the language in the above post where words like lobotomy, bad sex life etc have been used on the behalf of a female member. Everyone has justified this post with some or the other excuse and when finally the post received unexpected responses from variouys quareters, everyone started talking of language norms..This is what I call double standards...

Disclosing identity or not disclosing it is a matter between the members and the site administrators. We are not arbitrators here that we start calling names to people. Female members have all the rights to protect themselves from unwanted barrage of dirty emails by posting limited information about their identity.

Rajendra

devdahiya
February 1st, 2005, 09:36 PM
Respected Rajendra Ji,

No One Out Here Apprecited That Too.........dont Feel Hurt Like That.

Regards

rkumar
February 1st, 2005, 09:40 PM
Respected Rajendra Ji,

No One Out Here Apprecited That Too.........dont Feel Hurt Like That.

Regards

Read the following response Dev on that thread...

-----------------------------------------------------[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=Navy] No Doubt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bhai Amit,

There is no doubt in our minds, and you are really on target.

Lets hope that Administrators are awake...

.................................................. .................................
Doesn't it convey appreciation?

Rajendra

kulwant
February 1st, 2005, 09:49 PM
Sujata Ji,

I have been reading your quality thread since i have become the member of this site.
And believe me this "IDENTITY" , which i mentioned was not keeping you in my mind. Infact what i will say is that till the time a member is talking sense this question about the identity doesnt even arise in my mind.

regards
kulwant

Rajender Ji,

This gender equality has been discussed so many times on this site.
Religion, gender, cast etc.. are very good from vote bank point of view.

You just read what has compelled AMIT SANSANWAL to write this thread.

Please stop mollicodling some one just on the basis of gender.

Yes I have appreciated it and i will appreciate any good post by any member whether that member is a MALE or FEMALE.

I DONT HAVE ANY DOUBT IN MY MIND.

nikhil_raj
February 1st, 2005, 09:50 PM
My dear Rajendra ji,

Let us find 23 more?

Dear All,

All said and done, it's time that we tested the resolve of fellow Jats? Gods? This is a common dillusion of most Jats who claim to be Gods and don't bother to notice where the Modern World is heading to....

How about contributing Rs.100/- towards upkeep of this website........
Let all members send in Rs.100/- and forward this message to each and every Jat who wants to be part of a New Movement to bring the Community Together ...........

I will be pleased if the Administrators/Moderators will post the Login Id's of members who contribute. It's a small amount and won't hurt anyone. Even students may contribute from their pocket money.

Lets see if we can do something which Sikhs and other communities have been practising for ages.

If you can't raise a decent fund.... you can't dream to achieve much?

Mind taking a Litmus Test?

Do you believe in your future as a Successful Jat Community?

Any Takers?

Cheers, Nikhil Raj

P.S. Will the Administrators indicate the account name and address to send such voluntary contributions?

shokeen123
February 1st, 2005, 10:08 PM
Dear All,

Do you believe in your future as a Successful Jat Community?

Any Takers?

Cheers, Nikhil Raj

Sorry my brother, unfortunately, I will have to sound like a broken drum again. Here is your litmus test. http://www.najcharities.com/modules...=article&sid=34. No, the Jats I know are not disillusioned, they have vision unmatched by any. What? Donate Rs. 100? How about $100? Been there, done that, the upkeep of the site is not so much in question as much is the status of our community at large. However, I don’t want to get trapped in such materialistic conversations, though so let us find the other remaining members of the team, which by now has become shorter than 23. Why don’t you visit this site you may be pleasantly surprised? Let me know what you think?

Sujata

nikhil_raj
February 1st, 2005, 10:28 PM
Dear Sujata,

Your message proves the point that I am trying to put through. Individually, 25 Jats may feel they are capable of moving mountains. Collectively, we sum up to zero. I too have a list of outstanding Jats.. But, I also know that they feel so disappointed when they see that the community isn't able to share their broad vision................................

It's not a matter of Rs.100/- or US$1000, its about moving the masses ... the Jat Community as a whole.

Any suggestions how this can be done?

BTW, I still feel that if we put our Litmus Test through, you will find statistics which may open your eyes. Its unbelievably pathetic...........

I have seen people go through all this and I have seen the numbers. They don't add up to a respectable story. Not worth sharing with anyone......

Cheers, Nikhil Raj

P.S.: Broken drum? :) Is anybody listening? I am afraid not....... If it were so, we would be looking at a different kind of community.

Sorry my brother, unfortunately, I will have to sound like a broken drum again. Here is your litmus test. http://www.najcharities.com/modules...=article&sid=34. No, the Jats I know are not disillusioned, they have vision unmatched by any. What? Donate Rs. 100? How about $100? Been there, done that, the upkeep of the site is not so much in question as much is the status of our community at large. However, I don’t want to get trapped in such materialistic conversations, though so let us find the other remaining members of the team, which by now has become shorter than 23. Why don’t you visit this site you may be pleasantly surprised? Let me know what you think?

Sujata

shailendra
February 1st, 2005, 10:34 PM
I think the point about what is the real mission and what is that we mean to accomplish by this Jatland site has a multifold answer;

The site is what the user expects out of it. That is obvious from the broad spectrum of posts that one can read here. Some are 'time pass' while some bring up serious issues and concerns...but guess what, isn't that mix all what makes up great communities anyways? We can't expect to have a popular site and be it either just useless talk or at the same time just completely a serious one!
It is always heartening to see that issues and problems sometimes find suggestions and solutions here while at the same time one is able to banter and indulge in light humor too once a while.

I will suggest not being bogged down with trying to define each and every time & everything here with a 'what and why???'... :confused:

Also important to not forget and keep in mind always is the fact that there are some inherent issues/problems attached to the internet and websites like 'true Identity :cool: ', 'boldness that comes from sitting behind the security of a computer screen :eek:', 'the true age barrier reduced to nothing and simply just another familiar (or unfamiliar) name on the site :o '...and so on! The best policy is to come to terms with the fact that the net is too big to overcome these inherent qualities, you just have to make the best use of it and move on.......chipping away and contributing whatever you can to this joint forum which is really a platform for all of us Jats!

nikhil_raj
February 1st, 2005, 10:46 PM
I agree..........

Well said brother..........

Cheers, Nikhil Raj

I think the point about what is the real mission and what is that we mean to accomplish by this Jatland site has a multifold answer;

The site is what the user expects out of it. That is obvious from the broad spectrum of posts that one can read here. Some are 'time pass' while some bring up serious issues and concerns...but guess what, isn't that mix all what makes up great communities anyways? We can't expect to have a popular site and be it either just useless talk or at the same time just completely a serious one!
It is always heartening to see that issues and problems sometimes find suggestions and solutions here while at the same time one is able to banter and indulge in light humor too once a while.

I will suggest not being bogged down with trying to define each and every time & everything here with a 'what and why???'... :confused:

Also important to not forget and keep in mind always is the fact that there are some inherent issues/problems attached to the internet and websites like 'true Identity :cool: ', 'boldness that comes from sitting behind the security of a computer screen :eek:', 'the true age barrier reduced to nothing and simply just another familiar (or unfamiliar) name on the site :o '...and so on! The best policy is to come to terms with the fact that the net is too big to overcome these inherent qualities, you just have to make the best use of it and move on.......chipping away and contributing whatever you can to this joint forum which is really a platform for all of us Jats!

anilkc
February 1st, 2005, 10:56 PM
Going through all the jatland forums I found a lot has been accompalished. Here are few examples:
1) Br. Birbal Singh has been giving advice on education front
2) Ajat has been doing a lot of charitable work, some updates are available on this site too
3) There was a good response for Navin Gulias cause
4) Some members have been running schools (e.g, Kalirawan School), hospitals and other charitable work as an individual iniciative. Pls join them if u trust them and beleive in the cause.
5) I dont think anyone has any complains as far as humor and time pass section is concerned ;)
6) Members have discovered jats living in foreign places and become good friends
7) A lot has been posted in history section with some very good info and insight abt jats
8) Haryanavi Music has good collection. It can be further improved if members contribute. other jat language music too can be added. any takers here?
9) Lot of leads on job opprtunity, though I have not seen any one thanking that he/she actually got a job from here. (sorry if i missed it in my search).

The only contentions I have seen is in current affairs (political prefernce is more of a personal thing than a jat thing), general talk and abt the site itself.
I beleive we resolved 1 issue abt allowing sikhs and muslim jats or not.

If still someone beleives we have failed, lets first figure out what have we failed in. Any suggestions on what needed to be done and has yet not be done?

nikhil_raj
February 1st, 2005, 11:03 PM
Good Show!
Keep it up!
Cheers, Nikhil Raj

Going through all the jatland forums I found a lot has been accompalished. Here are few examples:
1) Br. Birbal Singh has been giving advice on education front
2) Ajat has been doing a lot of charitable work, some updates are available on this site too
3) There was a good response for Navin Gulias cause
4) Some members have been running schools (e.g, Kalirawan School), hospitals and other charitable work as an individual iniciative. Pls join them if u trust them and beleive in the cause.
5) I dont think anyone has any complains as far as humor and time pass section is concerned ;)
6) Members have discovered jats living in foreign places and become good friends
7) A lot has been posted in history section with some very good info and insight abt jats
8) Haryanavi Music has good collection. It can be further improved if members contribute. other jat language music too can be added. any takers here?
9) Lot of leads on job opprtunity, though I have not seen any one thanking that he/she actually got a job from here. (sorry if i missed it in my search).

The only contentions I have seen is in current affairs (political prefernce is more of a personal thing than a jat thing), general talk and abt the site itself.
I beleive we resolved 1 issue abt allowing sikhs and muslim jats or not.

If still someone beleives we have failed, lets first figure out what have we failed in. Any suggestions on what needed to be done and has yet not be done?

jtsagi
February 2nd, 2005, 03:22 AM
I havent been online lately on this site but seems it's getting hot in here........ Oh well what a surprise. Jit bhi jat ikhate howenge joot te bajega hee :D
The splash page clearly outlines the mission of the site.
"The site is dedicated to providing the Jat community around the world with an online forum to interact and expand the community spirit." How you expand the the spirit of the community is totally upto the users of the site as Shailendra has mentioned in his post. You can only moderate contents of the site to some extent. All the moderators have full time jobs, family, etc and its not feasible to go through each and every post before its posted. If this continues for long, I think Nitin Dahiya might have to outsource this site back to India with a customer service center in Rohtak. :eek:
We should just thank Nitin and all other folks involved with the up keep of this site who have provided a common platform for Jats all over the world to interact with each other. If someone is losing their sleep trying to figure out about the decorum, discipline, blah blah, on this site please let me know. I might have a solution for that. ;)
In the end, all said and done I know nothing is going to change but well I had a message saying "It's been more than two weeks since you posted a message. Please be more active or something like that." So here I am.

GO EAGLES!

PS - Philadelphia is known as "City of Brotherly Love" We guys should try to make this as a "Site of Brotherly Love" as well. :)

anilkc
February 2nd, 2005, 09:37 AM
Go PATS! :p

devdahiya
February 2nd, 2005, 07:11 PM
Dear Members,

I am really greatful to you all for your valuable posts and now atleast i am very clear about the aim and ambition of the great site JATLAND.COM....................THANX AGAIN

Ram-Ram

devdahiya
February 3rd, 2005, 09:15 AM
My dear members and administrators,

After having visited many sites on the NET, I am of the opinion that the JATLAND is just unique to our needs and aspirations.Also it is the most clean site as regards to dignity of members is concerned.To that extent i congratulate the Administrators and members alike for their contributions.There will be heart burns always in some pockets but then we have very learned and expirienced members like Mr Birbal ji, Mr Arya Ji, Sujata Ji, Uday Bhai, Maj kulwant,Mr Nikhil raj,Mr Ravi,Mr kumar and many more..........writting all the names may not be possible for me. Mr RS DALAL, Mr Dabas who need to frequent more to share their views. Dr R S Dahiya as it is doing a lot. So please cheer up and Stay tuned.............My best wishes to the site and all of you.

RAM-RAM

nikhil_raj
February 3rd, 2005, 09:48 PM
Thanks for summing up everything in a simple way. Lets look forward to see many good things happening at Jatland.com in the future. Wishing everyone good luck.
Nikhil Raj

My dear members and administrators,

After having visited many sites on the NET, I am of the opinion that the JATLAND is just unique to our needs and aspirations.Also it is the most clean site as regards to dignity of members is concerned.To that extent i congratulate the Administrators and members alike for their contributions.There will be heart burns always in some pockets but then we have very learned and expirienced members like Mr Birbal ji, Mr Arya Ji, Sujata Ji, Uday Bhai, Maj kulwant,Mr Nikhil raj,Mr Ravi,Mr kumar and many more..........writting all the names may not be possible for me. Mr RS DALAL, Mr Dabas who need to frequent more to share their views. Dr R S Dahiya as it is doing a lot. So please cheer up and Stay tuned.............My best wishes to the site and all of you.

RAM-RAM