PDA

View Full Version : Query.... why are jats short tempered

srana1
February 4th, 2005, 01:28 AM
I have a question in my mind for a long period of time. " Why all JATS are short tempered?"

cooljat
February 4th, 2005, 05:30 AM
not all dear,
i'm a cool jat...quite cool n calm as cucumber...
cool jat= geniune jat with cool head n hot blood...
blodd is definatly hot in jats, i guess that's why...

rock on,
Jit

srana1
February 6th, 2005, 04:42 AM
HI,
If u have hot blood circulating in ur head and body.............then how can u have a cool head?????? :confused: :confused:

scsheorayan
February 6th, 2005, 05:55 AM
Dear Sandeep,
It is an interesting question and unfortunately there is truth in it. Some time ago I had posted a thread "What makes you angry" which had received some responses but you can say participation rate was quite low in comparison to some other trivial postings which are much more popular. Reason may be it was a boring topic and people do not visit jatland to reply boring questions. For whatever it is worth, here is a simple explaination for growing anger in youth (more so among jats) is due to lack of character. Don't get me wrong character includes one's control on emotions and is built from very early age. Through lot of hardwork, physically and mentally demanding exposure and good role models impart confidence in one's own ability. Working on the farms and living in a tolerant society had the effect of developing character among young jats. This is not true for children of to-day. Parents try to compensate by providing all kinds of toys and heaps of praise for smallest of achievements. All these factors are contributing to raising spoilt brats. When they are spoilt ofcourse one can expect them to be angry. Original jats are known for their simplicity and strength of character. Real Jats may fight but never hold grudge because they are strong people and know it. Next time you meet a Jat who is angry for no reason and holds it for long time think of him/her as a spoilt brat. Only Jat by birth but not by character.

raj2rif
February 6th, 2005, 09:38 AM
I personally feel, getting angry is a shortcoming and weakness of a person. When you are angry, you loose sight of major issues and your vision becomes narrow.
Why Jats get angry very soon, is probably, we take getting angry as a positive attribute rather than as a negative activity. May be if we educate our community and make them understand the real strength of a person who can control his/her anger, this may change. Anger looks to me a function of ego. We seems to have very strong ego and that is why we do get angry very soon.

devdahiya
February 6th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Anger is not always negative. Getting angry at right time at right place and in right magnitude has a wonderful positive outcome and effect. In jats it is related to tolerance level,which is very low in jats.Reasons can be many but most important of all is their long and regular fight for survival from the time they were kicked out of their original habitat[may be in EGYPT or ROMANIA]. There after, they had been fighting while on move. No one took them kindly all through their journey of many-2 years before they settled down in present location around 700 AD. There after too they were constantly troubled by MUGHALs and british [Being in the visinity of DELHI] for hundreds of years. It is only after independens that they could relax a bit, but then imprint of harrassment are deep rooted inside the genes of jats and hence grant them atleast 100 more years for self liquidation. As it is things are changing for good. CHEERS ALL!

raj2rif
February 6th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Anger is not always negative. Getting angry at right time at right place and in right magnitude has a wonderful positive outcome and effect. In jats it is related to tolerance level,which is very low in jats.Reasons can be many but most important of all is their long and regular fight for survival from the time they were kicked out of their original habitat[may be in EGYPT or ROMANIA]. There after, they had been fighting while on move. No one took them kindly all through their journey of many-2 years before they settled down in present location around 700 AD. There after too they were constantly troubled by MUGHALs and british [Being in the visinity of DELHI] for hundreds of years. It is only after independens that they could relax a bit, but then imprint of harrassment are deep rooted inside the genes of jats and hence grant them atleast 100 more years for self liquidation. As it is things are changing for good. CHEERS ALL!

Dear Dahiya Ji,

I think, the attitude has to do more with the environment rather than genes. Anger only narrows your vision and thus makes one, one track minded. A person who can control anger really has one of the great trait of leadership. In anger, a person looses his analytical powers, and thus is less capable of taking rational and logical decisions. Some times anger may also lead to foolhardiness.
I think Mughuls and Britishers troubled every one alike, not only Jats. Then why Jats are only short tempered and not all other Indians. I personally feel, it is what we teach our children. We probably attach anger with bravery, which actually is more of a function of weakness. Probably our understanding of anger in general needs a change.

kulwant
February 6th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Anger is one of the emotional traits of human beings. Offcourse it is found in animals as well.

But it is true that control over anger makes a person stronger and not weak.

Anger(if not controlled) is like Liquor which makes a person senseless.

As the old adage prevails "KROADH VIVEK KA NAASH KARTA HAI"2

kulwant
February 6th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Shobha Chand Ji,

I am sorry, when your thread came regarding anger, probably I was under the influence of ANGER :) . Its true that some time when we are angry we forget the important issues.

Dear Sandeep,
It is an interesting question and unfortunately there is truth in it. Some time ago I had posted a thread "What makes you angry" which had received some responses but you can say participation rate was quite low in comparison to some other trivial postings which are much more popular. Reason may be it was a boring topic and people do not visit jatland to reply boring questions. For whatever it is worth, here is a simple explaination for growing anger in youth (more so among jats) is due to lack of character. Don't get me wrong character includes one's control on emotions and is built from very early age. Through lot of hardwork, physically and mentally demanding exposure and good role models impart confidence in one's own ability. Working on the farms and living in a tolerant society had the effect of developing character among young jats. This is not true for children of to-day. Parents try to compensate by providing all kinds of toys and heaps of praise for smallest of achievements. All these factors are contributing to raising spoilt brats. When they are spoilt ofcourse one can expect them to be angry. Original jats are known for their simplicity and strength of character. Real Jats may fight but never hold grudge because they are strong people and know it. Next time you meet a Jat who is angry for no reason and holds it for long time think of him/her as a spoilt brat. Only Jat by birth but not by character.

devdahiya
February 6th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Dear Dahiya Ji,

I think, the attitude has to do more with the environment rather than genes. Anger only narrows your vision and thus makes one, one track minded. A person who can control anger really has one of the great trait of leadership. In anger, a person looses his analytical powers, and thus is less capable of taking rational and logical decisions. Some times anger may also lead to foolhardiness.
I think Mughuls and Britishers troubled every one alike, not only Jats. Then why Jats are only short tempered and not all other Indians. I personally feel, it is what we teach our children. We probably attach anger with bravery, which actually is more of a function of weakness. Probably our understanding of anger in general needs a change.

Those who fought for their survival for hundreds of years and were constantly troubled have a definite tendency of getting angry quickly[i am talking of those people who fought and not of those who were on logistics or helping duties] Take SIKHS and RAJPUTS also as they too have the same tendencies. Attitudes practiced for a long-2 time gets into blood. I AM BROADLY SPEAKING. Yes if an indvidual wants to master the anger, he can do it irrespective of cast,creed or past expirience.But constant efforts and will power coupled with sound education is the answer.However what was asked by the thread to comment was WHY JAT DO THAT and not whether it is good or bad to get angry.When i was reasoning with WHY,i was just doing that.But still maintain that sometimes anger in right quantom,at right place and at right time is not only good but must too, as it is a natural emotion and thus can not be totally negative emotion.................IDEALISM DOES NOT EXIST ON THIS PLANET ANYWHERE.

REGARDS

drrajpoonia
February 6th, 2005, 11:22 PM
hello jat brothers.......
jats r now not short temper...most of jats i have seen in my life that u can not immagine that they r so cool.now i live in uk.most of jats here very cool and sensible.so this is no longer now that jats r short temper.but one thing is prevalent taht jats r always full of energy and enthusiasm,this is good thing as for as i think.

devdahiya
February 6th, 2005, 11:24 PM
hello jat brothers.......
jats r now not short temper...most of jats i have seen in my life that u can not immagine that they r so cool.now i live in uk.most of jats here very cool and sensible.so this is no longer now that jats r short temper.but one thing is prevalent taht jats r always full of energy and enthusiasm,this is good thing as for as i think.

YOU ARE VERY RIGHT Dr POONIA JI............I AGREE.

srana1
February 7th, 2005, 02:29 AM
HI all,

Thanks for you replies...........to me, it seems that we all jats are little possesive and egoistic (may be I'm wrong).......and this, to some extent, makes us short tempered.....
What u think ab this......

Regards,
Sandeep

rkumar
February 7th, 2005, 02:51 AM
This is how Jat is defined on Jatland WebJat Dictionary;

Jat: A handsome, brave, honest, hard working, stubborn, easily provoked, male of robust physique, found in Haryana, Paar, Dilli suba, and Rajasthan

I too intiated a post last year almost along same lines (http://www.jatland.com/forums/showthread.php?t=863). However, that thread did not get much attention and remain burried in the Jatland archives..

By definition Jat is one who can be easily provoked...

Rajendra

cooljat
February 7th, 2005, 05:22 AM
it's so simple bro..
like u need good coolent to keep ur car cool n it prvent it to get overheated.
same thing hear u gotta take some coolent...
n best known coolent is Thanda Thand Paani!!!
:) :) :)

rock on,
Jit

gajeshd
February 8th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Dear All,

I have noticed one more thing the anger and ego in us keep shooting up with the age. With the help of meditation and self regulation I am trying to avoid it in myself atleast.

And as one of us pointed out, being short tempered is considered as a slaient feature and quality of Jat. This is still believed specially in rural and semi rural societies.

Most of the Jats always stand for right and they want every thing to be right. Being strong and in command physically and socially,khilaaf baat ko swikar karna genes mai nahi hai shayad.

Usually they think using their heart and soul. They are over possesive about every body and every thing. Aur jaise hi unki manchahi nahi hoti unko kasuta gussa aa jaata hai.

amanpoonia
February 8th, 2005, 03:43 PM
well this is the question which i was thinking abt lately. i always try to be cool, sensible and reasonable but there is something inside me which i guess my blood makes me feel uncomforatble t certain situations. i totaly agree with Rajendra ji defenation abt JATS. i read something abt attitue here. well three things mainly decides the attitue i.e. experience, environmentand education BUT i think blood and gens also does matters. its our blood and gens which makes us so short tempered and egoist.
aMaN