PDA

View Full Version : common ancestry of queen Elizabeth 11 and jats of punjab

rajendersingh
June 17th, 2003, 01:56 PM
there is a book by prof. sher singh 'sher' by the title of common ancenstry of queen Elizabeth 11 and jats of punjab.

i am reproducing a paragraph from the same.
"maharaja Dalip singh was only a boy of 14 or 15 when he was exiled to england;charishtianised,westernised,forcible separated from her mother and deprived of his sikh empire, to live on the mercy and the shadow of british overlords in england....... an englishman who rightly realised the plight of that ill fated sikh prince, wrote a letter to dr. john login,histutor,who was accompaning and taking the maharaja to england the correspondent instructed dr login to give that letter to maharaja dalip singh. this writer was W.A sleeman who then was a resident at lucknow.i reproduce this letter below, verbatim:---

Lucknow 17th march1857

My dear Login,

I have been reading up the book i spoke to the maharaja about("Pictorial History Of England"), since he left. You must get it for him, and let him see for himself, that he is of the same race as the men of kent. They move from Jutland and come into England with the saxsons from Friesland and angels from Holstinct, who dispossessed the old Britons in the 5th Cenctury. They were the jats or old getae of the greeks and romans, who came from the countries about kashgar. Some came down and settled on the banks of the indus whence they spread to the jamuna and Chumabal;from the jutland recieved its name. Tell his highness that their chiefs Hengist and horsa, were juts like himself; their family came from Kashgar na dthe caspian and settled in jutland , while his family settled in the Indus spreading to punjab. the juts, took possession of kent, and some of the first kings were Juts, like maharaja's ancestors, and both might, with equal justice, boast descent from Odin, the god of war. they also took possesssion of the Isle of the Wight and the Isle of the Thanet. All the old Kentis families are descendents of the juts, and of the same race as Duleep Singh. You can show him some of the beauties of the Kent, as you go up the Thames, and he will have an oppurtunity of seing it if he visits Lord Hardinge.

Believe me, my dear Login.

Yours very truly,
W.A Sleeman.

ranjitjat
June 17th, 2003, 09:31 PM
Very nice information rajender. This is a lead- need further research.

Bhatijy kae din mae dikae diya- fasal ki ughaye karan ja raha tha ?
Cheers

sanjaychhikara
June 17th, 2003, 10:19 PM
Friesland is the state where i life here in the Netherlands

rajendersingh
June 19th, 2003, 08:45 AM
chachaji namaskar,i will certainly share the contents of the book and any other infomation i come across. yes i was away on the same mission as you said.

dear sanjay so now u can be rest assured that u are with ur own ppl.hahaha....