PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me the history of Mahla Jats

dineshm
August 1st, 2003, 07:47 PM
Does anyone have the clue about the origin of Mahla Jats.
Where they are settled mostly now.
I am a Mahla Jat & serve in merchant navy.
I came through this website when my brother who is in IIT told me that there was some website concerning Jats.
This is really a wonderful site & a good hard work is being put in it.
Thats the spirit .
LONG LIVE JATS .
JATs:- Just As Tigers

ravichaudhary
August 1st, 2003, 09:38 PM
[quote]Dinesh Mahlawat (Aug 01, 2003 10:17 a.m.):
Does anyone have the clue about the origin of Mahla Jats.
Where they are settled

Could you provide some more details about the Mahlavats?

Ravi

dineshm
August 1st, 2003, 09:59 PM
well ravi as far as i heard ,there was a king in haryana who had three sons... one was khichar ,another was mahla & third one was kulahari. These sons came to rajasthan ,I am Mahla though I use surname Mahlawat.
Mahlas settled in a place called Bhalaria in Jhunjhunu.From there my great -great grandfather whose name I dont know now came to where we live now .
as a matter of fact mahla & khichars are considered brothers & dont marry in their tribes ,though of late inter marriages between Mahla & Kulahari And Khichar & Kulahari have started.
If you provide me with more information then I would be thankful.Like who that king was & so on.

shooraashok
August 1st, 2003, 10:31 PM
RAM RAM JAT....I m from jhunjhanu.plz can u tell me where is your village in jhunjhanu.i know abuot bugala.....but where is bulgaria in jhunjhanu..........?

shooraashok
August 1st, 2003, 10:34 PM
so........many mahla living in rajasthan. but i listen frist time about bulgaria.........where is this village in jhunjhanu.....?

dineshm
August 2nd, 2003, 10:31 AM
Ram Ram Ashok Bhai,
well the village is not Bulgaria but Bhalaria.
When you go to Jhunjhunu from Nawalgarh, this village comes near Mukandgarh, its conncted to the same road though its some deep in left while going from nawalgarh to jhunjhunu.
There we Mahlas are also constructing a big temple of our Godess "Brahamani Mata" ,only Mahlas are invited to donate for this temple.
I came to know about Mahla community to be so big only when we started contacting people for the temple.
Hope the discussion will continue on the topic.

ranjitjat
August 2nd, 2003, 11:14 PM
DEAR ALL
Mahla- Mahalawat- Mahlan ia a same Gotra

We have Mahla Gotra Jat in our village- Ghasola near Charkhi Dadri.
Major Partap Singh Mahalawat was in London from Jatwada Delhi.
According Jat history books.

Mahilwati mae rahany ky karan Mahla kahalaye.
2- Mahil was the name of the King- after his name Mahla gotra known

dineshm
August 4th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Ram Ram Dharampal ji(Taoji)
I thought it was only us who started writing Mahlawat in place of Mahla but now I come to know that there is even one more Gotra Mahlania ,We have Rulania here in Rajasthan something sounding as Mahlanina.
Dharampal ji could you tell me which this book is which tells the history of Jats. I want to read this book.
If someone has any more clues then let me know.
RAM RAM JI JAT BHAION.

ranjitjat
August 5th, 2003, 12:39 AM
Dinesh Beata RAMRAM
Mae to Indian Navy ka Tau hu- sari jatland ka nahi hu..
Mahlania gaum Mahlan ky nam per hae.
Dulania- Bhudhania- Jaitpur- Jharoda- Kuhadwas- Surati- Chand gothi- Hamirwas- chidawa- Aradawata- Khatari- Singhana. Nimka thana -Dhosi- Gorir- Bhaloth - Sabhi alag 2 gotra ky gaum han,

Infact mostly jats have origan in Rajsathan, ruled or lived there one time or another.
For jat History books-
Try Jat history by Thakur Deshraj
And Jat biro ka itehash by Capt. Dalip Singh Ahalawat.
Many names are here in History section.

aki2005
August 6th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the information, being a Kulhari it's great to know the history associated with the origin of the gotra.
We are also from Jhunjhunu District originally, a small village called Churi Ajitgarh. I think it's 2 km's or so from Mukangarh...

Dinesh Mahlawat (Aug 01, 2003 12:29 p.m.):
well ravi as far as i heard ,there was a king in haryana who had three sons... one was khichar ,another was mahla & third one was kulahari. These sons came to rajasthan ,I am Mahla though I use surname Mahlawat.
Mahlas settled in a place called Bhalaria in Jhunjhunu.From there my great -great grandfather whose name I dont know now came to where we live now .
as a matter of fact mahla & khichars are considered brothers & dont marry in their tribes ,though of late inter marriages between Mahla & Kulahari And Khichar & Kulahari have started.
If you provide me with more information then I would be thankful.Like who that king was & so on.

lrburdak
August 9th, 2003, 07:49 PM
According to the book "JAT GOTRA SHABDAWALI" by Dr. Mahendra Singh Arya,Mahla gotra has been derived from Mahilwati.
regards

dineshm
August 10th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Thank You Taoji & Lakshmanji,
I will read the books but it's tough to find these books ,I tried them here at my place (Sikar) but didnt get the books.
I hope I can find them once I go to Jaipur.

dineshm
August 10th, 2003, 03:03 PM
ya i know churi ajitgarh
this is in jhunjhunu

rajendersingh
August 10th, 2003, 09:49 PM
dear dinesh, it is realy good to know that u seem to have lot of interest in jat history. i am a keen student of jat history and love to share my collection with those who are realy serious about the subject. i have got a small collection of about 14 books on the subject and love to to gether many more. so when ever you are in delhi do contact me as i am based in gurgaon.

sanjeevm
February 15th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Incidentally got to JatLands site Mahalawat discussion thread. Quite ineteresting info which forced me to think about my roots and Jats and register to this web site. Lets keep up the positive work and momentum going on to improve upon ourselves. Great Work!

lrburdak
February 15th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Wecome Sanjeev on the Jatland !!!

It is a wonderful site. You will find very useful info on it. You are welcome to contribute on any of subjects of your interest.