PDA

View Full Version : Col.G.S.Dhillon-Hero of Indian National Army

lrburdak
August 15th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Con.G.S.Dhillon was one of the three accused of the famous INA trial that began on Nov.5,1945 at Red Fort and was charged with “waging war against His Majesty the King Emperor…” the trial marked a significant turning point in India’s struggle for Independence and Col. Dhillon along with his two colleagues col. P.K.Sahgal and Maj.Gen. Shah Nawaz Khan became symbol of India fighting for freedom.
LAL QUILE SE AYI AWAZ
SAHGAL, DHILLON, SHAH NAWAZ
Was the slogan that stirred the entire nation.
Col.G.S.Dhillon is Jat and the only survivor of the Historic trial on Nov.5,1945 at Red Fort. He is presently living at village Hatod in Shivpuri district of Madhya Pradesh.
He was awarded PADAM BHUSHAN by president of India on 12th April 1998.
Col.G.S.Dhillon has written a book “FROM MY BONES” in which he has recorded experiences that contributed so significantly to India’s Independence
Regards,

shekhar_nehra
August 16th, 2003, 12:42 AM
Burdak Uncle,

Very nice news, especially in context with the Independence Day celebrations. It is time to remember all the the Freedom fighters and realise the importance of our freedom.

Could you give more details about the book i.e. the Publishers, ISBN no.(if any.) for the book "FROM MY BONES".

Shekhar

lrburdak
August 16th, 2003, 07:43 AM
Sekhar ji, The Book "FROM MY BONES" is published by-ARYAN BOOKS INTERNATIONAL, Pooja Aptts,4B,Ansari Road,New Delhi-110002.FAX-91-11-3270385.ISBN-81-7305-148-8
In chapter 2,he has given history of jats under the topic "Heritage."
regards,

shekhar_nehra
August 16th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Burdak uncle,
Thanks for the details.

rajendersingh
August 17th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Laxman ji namaskar,thanks for sharing the information.it is a matter of pride for us.may col dhillon live long.

A few days back capt kawal singh who was A. D. C. TO NETAJI DIED at bahadurgarh.he was one of the most trusted soldier of netaji. may god grant peace to the departed soul.

ravichaudhary
August 18th, 2003, 03:17 AM
Thanks

This detail is very useful,

Thanks also for adding the publisher and the address.

What is the price of the book.

Ravi

lrburdak
August 18th, 2003, 07:38 AM
Raviji, the price is Rs.350/-paper back edition,
Rs.950/-library edition.
regards,