PDA

View Full Version : Hindi alphabet (devnagari) for Jatland

ajaygahlawat
March 5th, 2005, 10:15 PM
The hard disk crashed, but thankfully, I never close anything. So, here is a restore of the thread <let's type in hindi alphabet (devnagari)>.

ajaygahlawat
March 5th, 2005, 10:17 PM
If you have hindi fonts on your machine, you should be able to read the text below. Nevertheless, there is a software (http://www4.vc-net.ne.jp/~klivo/sim/simeng.htm ) for inputing the hindi alphabet. I am working on a proper phonetic mapping for those that have signifacant practice on the normal english keyboards.

कइ दिनां तै जाटलैंड डॉट कौम साइट पढूं था। पर जाटू बोलण आळा सवाद के आवै सै॥
एक बात समझ मैं आई अक या अंगरेजी डोबा डोब री सै॥ पर ये कमप्यूटर बी तै म्यरे बटे अंगरेजां नैं ए बणाए थे। टाइप करण का ओर कोए साधन बी तै कोन्ञा॥ घणे दिनां तांइ गोड्ञां पै जोर दियें राख्या पर कोए इलाज़ नां पाया॥ बडी मुशक्यल तै या सौफ्टवेयर पाई सै॥ सिमरैङो http://www4.vc-net.ne.jp/~klivo/sim/simeng.htm ॥ देखियो द्यखां* (द्*यखां ) क्यमै काम की हो तै॥

I hope you find it atleast as interesting as I did.

Regards,
Ajay

PS: it does not render the choti i matra properly in mozilla based browsers.
Last edited by ajaygahlawat : March 1st, 2005 at 02:48 PM.

ajaygahlawat
March 5th, 2005, 10:21 PM
March 1st, 2005, 02:30 PM

BHAI RE LAGGADD MHEINS KI BEL PAKDDA DI SE. KOSHISH KARANGE. THANKS DEAR.

ajaygahlawat
March 5th, 2005, 10:28 PM
March 2nd, 01:42 AM

How does it work. You type in that software and then cut and paste it? Does the person reading the post need the fonts installed on his/her computer?

Thanks for bringing it up.

ajaygahlawat
March 5th, 2005, 10:30 PM
March 2nd, 02:41 AM

Thanks for posting in Hindi (I don't understand a full Haryanvi though).

How can we down load these fonts and use them on our computer to post our views in Hindi, Kindly do let us know if any one can.

ajaygahlawat
March 5th, 2005, 10:35 PM
March 2nd, 04:36 AM

Too good.. Tadkey tadak HHKLP :) :p

ajaygahlawat
March 5th, 2005, 10:39 PM
March 2nd, 04:36 AM
Dear Ajayji,

How to read this, I have many hindi fonts and I copied this text and convert it in hindi fonts but couldn't read this. Kindly explain in details that How can i read this.

Ragards,

ajaygahlawat
March 5th, 2005, 10:42 PM
March 3rd, 8:45 PM

I'll be brief coz I am late for dinner, and as they say... Bhookhe pet ke bhajan ho sai ..

Yes the person reading it has to have Unicode/TrueType fonts installed on his machine, and ideally everyone reading Jatland should have it. But till that time we are going to write in both languages, and/or post the screenshots as pictures.

How to do it... it really depends on your system, but the good news is that it is easy for windows.

There are a ton of fonts that support Unicode...

Try the instructions on
http://devanaagarii.net/#Windows

And if it still does not work, please post here, and someone will surely be able to fix it.

Yes, you can type in that software and paste anywhere you like. There are other input methods as well, but I chose this as this one is open source, and we can modify it to suit any special haryanvi needs that we come across when people start trying to type in devnagari.

Will write a more detailed post around my motivations in starting this thread over the weekend. I hope atleast some jatlanders have had a chance to play around with it by then, and we can have a fruitful discussion.

Take care,
Ajay

ajaygahlawat
March 5th, 2005, 10:44 PM
March 3rd, 8:45 PM

Sharam te badi aayi par socha boojh ae lyun.

"Laagad" ke ho sai?
From the context I can sense that it means something to the tune of "markhani" . or not?

Ajay

ajaygahlawat
March 5th, 2005, 10:46 PM
March 4th, 03:27 AM

Ha.......Ha.........Ha...........Yo bhi te kasoota joke hogya bhai Ajay. Isska matlab A BUFFALO WHICH GAVE BIRTH TO A CALF RECENTLY. GOOD ONE....................LAGE RAHO!

ajaygahlawat
March 5th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Yet to write this one.