PDA

View Full Version : Tale of Two Friends: Can we Take something from this ....!!!!

raj2rif
March 9th, 2005, 07:38 AM
TALE OF TWO FRIENDS

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert.
During some point of the journey, they had an argument, and one friend
slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but
without saying anything, he wrote in the sand:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE"

They kept on walking, until they found an oasis, where they decided
to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and
started drowning, but his friend saved him. After he recovered from the
near drowning, he carved on a stone:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE"

The friend, who had slapped and saved his best friend, asked him,
"After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand, and now, you carve on a
stone, why?"

The other friend replied: "When someone hurts us, we should write
it down in sand, where the winds of forgiveness can erase it away, but
when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone,
where no wind can ever erase it."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BLESSINGS IN STONE

devdahiya
March 9th, 2005, 08:43 AM
TALE OF TWO FRIENDS

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert.
During some point of the journey, they had an argument, and one friend
slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but
without saying anything, he wrote in the sand:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE"

They kept on walking, until they found an oasis, where they decided
to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and
started drowning, but his friend saved him. After he recovered from the
near drowning, he carved on a stone:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE"

The friend, who had slapped and saved his best friend, asked him,
"After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand, and now, you carve on a
stone, why?"

The other friend replied: "When someone hurts us, we should write
it down in sand, where the winds of forgiveness can erase it away, but
when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone,
where no wind can ever erase it."

Respected Virendra sir,

Thanks a ton for the timely thread and anybody worth a human being can learn a lot from it. I have another one from Mahatma Gandhi and i quote," Normal human beings do forget kindness but to forget a hurt one should be an extra ordinary human being." Unquote.

Warm regards

raj2rif
March 9th, 2005, 07:14 PM
," Normal human beings do forget kindness but to forget a hurt one should be an extra ordinary human being." Unquote.

Dear Dahiya Ji,

So true. Excellent. That is why he is called Mahatma.

alkesh
March 12th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Another one by Mahatma Gandhi, I read somewhere:

" Nobody can hurt me without my permission. "

And believe it or not, last week I saw a bumper sticker( with Gandhi ji's picture):

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

shailendra
March 12th, 2005, 03:16 AM
[QUOTE=alkesh]

Another one by Mahatma Gandhi, I read somewhere:
" Nobody can hurt me without my permission. "

QUOTE]

...Ok so let me get this straight Alkesh, did he say that above statement immediately before or after he said,"I shall provide the other cheek everytime someone slaps me on my one cheek" ...??? :confused:

Ha! Ha! Just kidding guys, I know I am in the wrong post and obviously in the minority here to write anything against the 'Mahatma'... seems like his fan club here!!! ;)

alkesh
March 12th, 2005, 03:34 AM
Neither friend nor foe.....

I just wrote what i saw last week on the car. It was fresh in my mind.

stokas
March 16th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Col. Tevathia Sir,

Very well said. Actually, humans in todays world, don't take these type of lessons seriously.

One of my 'best friend' is just the opposite of this. I have done everything for him, when he needed the most (I knew, they were my duties). And I will do my best for him in the future also. But, he carves on the stone, "TODAY MY BEST FRIEND HURT ME" and writes on the sand, "TODAY MY BEST FRIEND DID NOTHING FOR ME" or maybe, he don't write anything on the sand.
I don't want anything written physically anywhere, but only in his heart. But all in vain.
And now from last 6-7 months, I am not meeting him, as I was previously. Because he got me hurt at some point in front of many people and never asked me about this thing (he knew, it was his mistake). He must have hurted me a hundred times but this was an exceptional case. He is telling every common friend of us about my weaknesses (actually, they are his own!) but they know me very well.
He is only my best Jat friend (rest are non-jats), younger then me, living in my own mohalla, in own village. I gave him respect as of a 'chhota bhaai' but leave alone a 'bada bhaai', he never give me a respect as a friend (when I needed him to show the most, he never did). He never respected my sentiments. From last many years, I have neglected his nature, but in the last, I could not.
In between, once he tried to talk to me on the topic, but not in the right spirit, only in a 'shikaayat bhara lehaja', and blaming me of my wrong-doings (which I never did, those were only his misconceptions). He should have felt that from his heart, that was enough. But not till date.

But, I will respect him from heart and will allways be available, when he needed.
Rest, everything left on God.

Thank you for this convincing story of two friends.

Shailendra

raj2rif
March 19th, 2005, 09:27 AM
[SIZE=7][COLOR=Blue][B]
Dear Shailendra Tokas Ji,

Do not do any thing to others which you don't like being done to you. If your friend is indifferent, then either he is ignorant or turely not your friend. He may even be selfish. But if you do exactly what he is doing then there will be no difference between two of you. I am pretty sure, he would wake up some time. Keep doing your good work. To help some one, he need not be your friend. Once you help even unknown person, he will become your friend.

stokas
March 20th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Dear Col Sir,

You are extremely right, when you say, "Do not do any thing to others which you don't like being done to you". Although, I never thought of any mishappening to my friend, but I just left myself loose towards him, only in the hope that some day he will wake up; and still waiting to happen that.
You have a lot of experience in life. You have used two words here, 'ignorant' and 'selfish'. I can't say, whether he is selfish or a true friend of mine or not; but I can surely say, he is ignorant. In friendship, I never thought of these kind of things; just blind faith.
Moreover, you have very nicely justified, 'To help some one, he need not be your friend. Once you help even unknown person, he will become your friend'.
Sir, I always try to help the needy, even if he is new to me. This is a kind of property to me.
I may have mistaken somewhere, but I will definitely calculate this.
Thanks for your kind guidance, as I will surely benefit from your teachings.

Thanks a lot,

Shailendra

deepshi
April 27th, 2006, 10:51 PM
worst are those who r thankless!
n also those who donno how 2 forgive...

nice post. col uncle.:)

ritu
April 28th, 2006, 02:39 AM
Tevathia ji
thanks for sharing it with us.I am never going to forget this saying .bahut sidhi si bat thi par bhut gahari seekh de gayee.

regards
ritu

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BLESSINGS IN STONE[/quote]