PDA

View Full Version : TRIBUTE TO HON CAPT LILARAM SANGWAN

ranjitjat
October 12th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Veteran wrestler Lila Ram dead

Chandigarh, October 11
Veteran wrestler and Arjuna awardee Lila Ram died out Charkhi Dadri in Bhiwani district this morning. He was 70.

The legendary wrestler of Haryana was the first Indian to win a gold medal for the country in the Commonwealth Games. The president of the Wrestling Federation of India (WFI) and Haryana’s Director-General of Police M S Malik in a condolence message described Lila Ram as the “Bisham Pitamah” of the Indian wrestling. — UNI

---------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- I was a great fan of wrestler Lilaram from childhood . I saw through every event and enjoyed it fully- when Lilaram was making history in Indian Army, commenwealth games and world wrestling.
Lilaram was born in a farmer family of Sangwan Gotra jat in village Madola- Charkhi Dadri- dist Bhiwani- Haryana.
Madola is on Dadri- Mahendergarh Road 5km from our village Ghasola called Madoli- Madola or Ghasola- Madola.
LilaRam was a world famous wrestler. He joined the Garnadier Regiment in Nasirabad and became army and National champion many times.
I was watching his games from local Hanuman Maela- Dangal Dadri to Scotland UK.
We used to go with him in Annual MAELA at Khanpur- Baerod and Baeri in Jhhajar Dist with DHOL- DRUM and funfare and he was a winner all the times.
I have seen his famous wrestling matches With
Dayanand, Sajjan singh and Gayana Ram at Dadri.
He was married to Sheela Phogat of village Makrana- Dadri Dist Bhiwani.
We lost a great fighter- coach- Guru- Bhisampitamaha of wrestling.
May god bless peace to his geat soul.
OM SHANTI 3- OM
Dharmpal

ranjitjat
October 13th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Dear members.
I paid tribute to every martyr- National hero and great soul regardless knowing their personal life. Great is great by great deeds.
At the time of war and death every nation- KAUM- community and family become one and stay together.
This is not the time of free and fare speech or postmartom of the departed soul.
If some not want to join the prayer- simlply stay away.
Starting another thread in the name of free speech is a great insult to deparated soul.
This is called legs pulling-
Dirty trick.
ISAKO KAHATY HAN GADAY MURADY UKHADANA- KICHAD UCHHALANA.
ASSA TO DUSMAN BHI NAHI KARTY- HAMTO PADOSI AUR JAT BHAI HAN.
I will carry on paying tribute to martyrs and national heroes.
Give the Right answer at right time
JAIHIND
PLEASE GOD FORGIVE ME
AND BLESS PEACE TO ALL SOULS

ishwarlamba
October 13th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Kissa 1: On day Lila Ram Ji was going in a village. One boy said "kali bhainse ayi" (black buffalo is coming. Lila's friend said mare ne susre ke (His friend said beat this boy).
Lila said asne de tu kuo apna khoo jalata hi (Let him laugh, why are you burning your blood).
Kissa 2:
On day Lila Ram Ji's family fought with a family in the native village Mandola.
Lila did not join in this fight. His father shoughted in haryanvi/bagri "O Lilo mera susre ka amne ui hi ghee khilaya tha ke tu maha sir phood waiga" (We have invested so much ghee for your strenth).
Lila said "Maine tera bhee ghee gaya sai aur chahoo ka bhi. Me na padu thari ladayi me".
(O father, I ate ghee of uncle also with whom u are filghting)

It was his greatness.
These outstanding people belonged to all the villages, rather the whole community. They are like ornaments / titles. These people know how they where helped by their family, relatives, village, district the state and they country.
When Lila Ram ji got gold medal, Pt Nehru the prime minister of India welcomed him and said "Lila the great is the honour of India".
Every Jat village needs a Lila Ram.
Also all of us have have weeknesses, only God is perfect.
God give the departed soul peace.
We all jats should learn this lession, stronger should never be angry.
--------------------------------
Tribune October 13
Wrestlers pay tribute to Padma Shri Lila Ram
Our Correspondent

Rohtak, October 12
The wrestlers’ fraternity has mourned the death of veteran wrestler, Padma Shri Lila Ram, who died yesterday in Charkhi Dadri (Bhiwani). He had the distinction of becoming the first Indian to win a gold medal for the country in the Commonwealth Games.

Describing him as a quality wrestler, Bhim Award winner Suresh Pahlwan, who also has the distinction of winning Bharat Kesri, Hindi Kesri and Rustam-e-Hind titles besides winning a medal in the Asian Games in 1986, said that in his death not only Haryana but the entire nation had lost an eminent figure from the sports arena.

Speaking to the ‘NCR Tribune’, Suresh said that the achievements of Lila Ram would continue to inspire youngsters in the field. A two-minute silence was observed at Suresh Vyayamshala by at least 50 budding wrestlers in the memory of the deceased Lila Ram.

Born on November 30, 1930, in Mandola village of Bhiwani district in an agriculturist’s family, Lila Ram went on to become a popular figure in sports after achieving success at the national as well as international level. He competed in heavy and super heavyweight categories.

In 1948, he joined the Grenadiers Regimental Centre, which was located at Nasirabad at that time, to launch his career in wrestling. He reigned as the national heavyweight champion in the late 50s and early 60s.

On the international front also, he was a great achiever. He was named captain of the team, which participated in the Olympic Games in Melbourne in 1956. In 1958, he won a gold medal in the Commonwealth Games held in Cardiff, which was the most memorable moment of his career. There he defeated his counterparts from Canada, Pakistan and England. In 1956, during the Indo-Iran Tests, he defeated Rustam-e-Iran Mohammed Ali.

After retiring from active wrestling, he maintained his links with sports. He was the Chief Coach of the Indian team for Mexico Olympics in 1968 and the World Championship held in Delhi. His services as a coach of the Services were also utilised till 1973. He served the Haryana Sports Department as Assistant Director of Sports from 1980 to 1988.

His contribution in sports got recognition only in 1998, when he was awarded the Padma Shri.

ranjitjat
October 13th, 2003, 05:12 AM
Lamba sahib
Thank you very much for the tribute , news and story.
This is really greatness. He was like a holy cow- cool and gentle always smiling. We heard same joke many times in front of him.
Beri ka mela mae 1 chaudhry nu bola-
Yo kala jhhota- bagri har sal chhoran ka nash karny aja ssss.
LILA BOLA TAU Agaly sal pher aunga. Abhi to teri munchha ki saram kau su - per DANGAL mae MARAD KA PATA Chal jaga. Kiski bat mae dam ss
Tu bhi ajaye taery Phalwan Choray ny bhi laekar ana .
LILA ki jagah log kaliya kahaty the-
AGAYA KALIYA JHHOTA------
LILA KAHATA THA-
AGAYA KALIYA -Thari KHAT KHADI KARAN

KADHAMNI KA BHI DUDH -KA BHI KHO - AUR KHAT KHA BHI
This type of jokes were way of life for him
Cheers

rajendersingh
October 13th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Lila ram was one of the grearest wrestler of all times. we all heard about this great sportsman.such a man shall always be seen as the role model.
we pray to the almighty for peace to the departed soul.

jagmohan
October 13th, 2003, 01:18 PM
Dudee Saheb,

Namaskar,

Capt Lila Ram was a great wrestler of our country. He belonged to all of us. Thanks for paying such tributes to him. In today's world when people don't even pay tributes to own brothers, writing about Lila Ram is indeed very thoughtful of you.

Dudee Saheb, even if some people don't like you paying tributes, SO WHAT. People have wasted their lives in thinking "LOG KYA SOCHENGE, KE KAHVENGE:. It is their problem. Please continue the good work. It also helps in educating those members of our community who may not know the greatness of some departed souls. I have no doubt Capt Lila Ram is in heaven and God is happy with him.

Regards,

Lt Col JS Malik (Retd)
JAT BALWAN, JAI BHAGWAN

ranjitjat
October 13th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Dear Col Jagmohan and Major Rajender singh
NAMASKAR TO YOU ALL
Thank you very much for your tribute. As you rightly said Martyrs & National heroes belong to the nation.
Wrestling and army service is in jat blood.
My 2 grandfathers were wrestler of 6jat/1st royal jat BN.
The famous wrestler SUBHRAM of v BHADANI
was defeated by my grandfather HAV.RANJIT.
They became life long friend and relative after that match.
Capt ButiRam of Mandola village was also a life long friend from 6 jat.
We have Akhara in our GHAER and on KUWA FRAM. My uncle JageRam- BharatSingh and Nihalsingh were wrestlers. Phalwan from 7 villages including Lilaram use to came for Practice in our Akhara.
We children of the village use to massage- Malis Lilaram and having good joke- ride on his back.
On the day of great mela at Dadri or Khatiwas
Capt DADA BUTIRAM used to came in our village with 100 or so camels with Lilaram and band of DHOL.
Our village people joined Lilaram band with another 100 or so camels.
We used to enjoy camel race before wrestling and after Mela in the way home.- what a fun and sweet memory-that was golden time of our childhood.
Master ChandgiRam stayed with me in London 1 month.
Rajsingh NUNAOD stayed in our village for long time.
I am lucky to be in company of Col Hoshiar singh PVC- Swami Omanand- Devanand- Indervesh- Sant Tarachand, ExVC- Bhimsingh Dahiya- BRIG OP Chaudhry and many more Great souls.
But that will be other time.
GOD BLESS WISDOM AND KNOWLEDGE TO ALL