PDA

View Full Version : Bhisma-Pitamaha???

samu42
October 12th, 2003, 10:09 PM
Dear Dharam Pal ji,

As per our custom and tradition we all say good things about the departed soul and you are no different in eulogizing Lila Ram. First of all it is not expected from a man of your experience and caliber to spell the name of villages wrong. The village he was born is Mandola and not Madola and the places where he used to go for wrestling mela (not maela) and later as judge are Birohar, Beri and not as Baerod and Baeri.

The Birohar DANGAl or KUSTI MELA was started by my grandfather (he was a famous wrestler of the area and my village at one time was known by his name). Though I was not a wrestler, but that does no mean I am ignorant about sports and sportsmen. I won medals in University, State, national level and also run Glasgow half marathon in 1998 (Great Scottish run). I was honoured by Haryana Governor and Chief Minister and also have records in my name till date for some athletic events. I know Lila Ram not only by his participation in sports events but also from his disciples. He was the most cunning man I have seen in my life. A characterless person like him should be despised and not adored. He always misused his students. I don’t wish to add more as he is no more and we all wish his soul rest in piece. Being a good sportsman does not always mean a good citizen. In the present world of sycophancy, it is quite unusual to criticize some one when not all know about both sides of the coin. When we use to visit his Hanuman-Akhara in Dadri (on way from Hisar to my village) we had several discussion on his misdeeds and he always use to change the subject. You and others call him Bhisma-Pitamaha of wrestling. It is a free world and with freedom of expression you can even call him GOD. I think it is a misnomer, Bhisma-Pitamaha was the guy who know all the bad things happening around him, but was incapable to correct or guide properly. Here your Bhisma-Pitamaha himself did bad things in life and other than earning medals for country could never put forward any example for others to follow.

Kind regards and best wishes

Samunder@lal.ufl.edu

ranjitjat
October 12th, 2003, 10:47 PM
MR- SAMUNDER SINGH
WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT PERSONAL WITH ME ON EVERY TPOIC.
With Spelling issue.
This is free world. so you are free to write the english th way you like . But do not try to teach me English.
Same name in Hindi- Haryanvi- JATTU- can be spell in different ways.
MADOLA- MANDOLA - LILARAM I KNOW BETTER THAN YOU. FROM CHILDHOOD.
WE ARE DISCUSSING GREATNESS OF A SPORTS MAN NOT HIS PERSONAL LIFE , OK
IT IS MS MALIK and others saying BHISAMPITAMAH not me.
It is disgrace and matter of shame to use bad words and dirty trick to a departed soul

ranjitjat
October 12th, 2003, 11:14 PM
MR SAMUDER SINGH
I know you are from V.Nimali. You spoken to me few times on phone and by e-mail.
You wanted to visit me and I said we going to USA.
you asked by email are you the same Dudee ?- I said yes.
NOW YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH JHojhu- MANDOLA- BERI and LILARAM.
I SAID you by email- you are welcome to visit me.
But please do not make a personal issue with me on useless excauses.
YOu spelling my NAME WRONG ALL THE TIME.
But i alway ignore petty things

ranjitjat
October 12th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Dear Dharam Pal ji,
As per our custom and tradition we all say good things about the departed soul and you are no different in eulogizing Lila Ram. First of all it is not expected from a man of your experience and caliber to spell the name of villages wrong. The village he was born is Mandola and not Madola and the places where he used to go for wrestling mela (not maela) and later as judge are Birohar, Beri and not as Baerod and Baeri.

The Birohar DANGAl or KUSTI MELA was started by my grandfather (he was a famous wrestler of the area and my village at one time was known by his name). Though I was not a wrestler, but that does no mean I am ignorant about sports and sportsmen. I won medals in University, State, national level and also run Glasgow half marathon in 1998 (Great Scottish run). I was honoured by Haryana Governor and Chief Minister and also have records in my name till date for some athletic events. I know Lila Ram not only by his participation in sports events but also from his disciples. He was the most cunning man I have seen in my life. A characterless person like him should be despised and not adored. He always misused his students. I don’t wish to add more as he is no more and we all wish his soul rest in piece. Being a good sportsman does not always mean a good citizen. In the present world of sycophancy, it is quite unusual to criticize some one when not all know about both sides of the coin. When we use to visit his Hanuman-Akhara in Dadri (on way from Hisar to my village) we had several discussion on his misdeeds and he always use to change the subject. You and others call him Bhisma-Pitamaha of wrestling. It is a free world and with freedom of expression you can even call him GOD. I think it is a misnomer, Bhisma-Pitamaha was the guy who know all the bad things happening around him, but was incapable to correct or guide properly. Here your Bhisma-Pitamaha himself did bad things in life and other than earning medals for country could never put forward any example for others to follow.

Samunder@lal.ufl.edu

Date: Oct 12, 2003 on 12:39 p.m.
SANWAN BHAI- MAAN HANI KA CASE KARSAKATY HAN - Panchayat to jaruar karagay.
This is very bad.
How long jatland will allow such a insult on a departed soul on the day of his funeral- DAHSANASKAR.
OM SHANTI

ishwarlamba
October 13th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Respected Samunder Singh Ji,
Please send a personal email to Dudee sahib.
From your post, I feel I am enjoying dangal (kusti mela) in Charkhi Dadri.
Cheers to all our wrestler members
regards
Ishwar
--------------------------------------

Samunder Singh (Oct 12, 2003 12:39 p.m.):
Dear Dharam Pal ji,

Samunder@lal.ufl.edu

ranjitjat
October 13th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Lamba Sahib
Every body enjoying the mela dangal that is right way to pay respect to a great wrestler.
Samudar singh use to called me uncle when he was in UK. I know him through Jagat Phogat . Now he e mail me with a Q? are you same Dudee.
Frist mail he addressed me about Jhadu Singh Sardar is so rude he not even address me with any name. This is strange i can not understand the reason. Let it be come in public- what proof he has against LILARAM
If any thing local about Lilaram. We can have Dangal in Dadri- just invite MS MALIK AND SURESH - and the press. They and whole country calling him Great wrestler and Bhisma-Pitamaha .
regards

rkumar
October 13th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Dear Mr. Samundar Singh,

Most of us know the good side of such people as we do not know them as closely as you or some one might have known. Let us not mix human weakness of a person and his professional achievements. Even Lord Krishna had other side to his life.

Its in real bad taste when some one accuses another senior member in writing at a plateform like Jatland. This is certainly not expected of a member like you who or for that matter any one else. Diffreneces of opinion are always there in perception but should not come out like this. Pointing out to spelling mistakes of hindi or haryanvi words is not some thing which any one will appreciate. I am sure you could have put your same views in a more respectful manner.

Rajendra

vikas
October 13th, 2003, 08:14 PM
hi everybody..........the matter of wrestling is going on here...so i think i also need to add some words as my father Sh. Randhir Singh was chief national coach of indian wrestling team till january 2001 coz in jan,2001 he died in a car accident ..........the point is this that i dont think that u ppl need to talk on ur personal matters publically here.......a same person might be good for one and might not be for another..........but at this stage i dont think that we have to speak like this for a person who is not any more with us.........i dont know much abt Sh Lila RAM but at the same time i dont think that there is anybody who is perfect in this world , even then he was a good wrestler of his time.......i think u ppl got my idea now........so pls try to avoid things like this.......

vikas

ravichaudhary
October 13th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Lingusitically we can see

Madola = Mandola

The 'n; is often added.

another example is the Medh, Med, Maad, and Mede. these are also written/pronounced as mand, from which we also get Maan, or Mann.

The central Asia emprire opf the Medes, or Meds, is actually the empire of the Mand, or Mann Jats.

Note also the change from Y and J which is interchangeable.

English is a poor language to denote phenetics accurately.

Ravi Chaudhary

ravichaudhary
October 13th, 2003, 09:12 PM
On a lighter note, I hope I do not upset people with my poor typing skills

Ravi